I'm 'bout ready to throttle myself

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Markz

Reaction score
For 3 months now I'm getting stupid pop-ups coming through IE (I use firefox!) It's so irritating they freeeze the computer for 2 mins and just f*ck me around.

I have already used, Hijack this, Spybot, Anti-Virus scan and I even tried to get clever on it's ass...nothing happened.

For the love of all that is unholy help!!

(P.S long time...whats up??)

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
If it's what i'm thinking,you should try to remove manually the .exe that generates them; and the .exe that re-generates the previous one.99% of the time works.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Well, i need some details to be sure what you got,can you get a screenshot of the pop-up?
I think you got a classic ''advertisement'' program, not really a virus, a sort of.Since it's not dangerous,just annoying, some of the anti-whatever don't even recognise it as a threat, or they kill it only partially.To kill it you have to find the executive of the program, which generates the pop-up, and possibly another executive, which re-generates the other executive if deleted;

To find the executive, open task manager, see the running executives and try to recognise the pop-up generator(strange names,descriptions).
If you are 100% you got it, open the folder where it is, and delete it.Do some tests to see if you still got pop-ups, if so, you deleted the wrong executive(which may cause troubles, so be careful before deleting).If not restart the pc and do some tests again, if the executive is back, there is a re-generator.To kill it use the same way.

Vista has some ''tools'' that may help,but i'll leave them as last resource.