Ill. man to serve at least 21 days for yawning

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TitoFan09

Reaction score
JOLIET, Ill. – Drowsy spectators in one Will County courtroom might want to stifle their yawns. A 33-year-old suburban Chicago man is facing six months in jail for yawning in Judge Daniel Rozak's court last month. Clifton Williams will serve at least 21 days for stretching and yawning as his cousin was being sentenced for a drug charge.

A prosecutor in the courtroom at the time described the offending yawn as "loud and boisterous." But Williams' cousin says it wasn't "outrageous."

Rozak found Williams in contempt of court and had him jailed on July 23. Six months is the maximum sentence judges can give for criminal contempt without a jury trial.

Williams has written his family that he can't believe he's in jail.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090811/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_jailed_for_yawning

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I hate our justice system. Seriously, this guy gets 21 days for yawning yet a child molester can take a plea deal and get community service or have to go to counseling or whatever and gets to walk around a free man.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^

Really? You can't help a yawn. Hell, yawning is contatious (sp) That's something you can't help. What you can help however is how you yawn. loud yawn, quiet yawn, over the top yawn, etc. I read that this guy did a loud over the top yawn, which he shouldn't have done. But still 21 days is rediculous.

xtremebadass

What is this world coming to? Seriously? You go to jail for yawning? I am sorry, but that's ridiculous. That's like going to jail for not sitting up straight in school. Next the law won't allow you to blink.

This is disgusting because this is Illinois, they are making me look bad!

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Ya know Fox News are gonna be all over this news item because its Obamas senate state. And how Obama has some weird obscure and unverifiable hob nobbing connection with that judge and therefore is gonna send us all to jail for yawning. Lol.

Travis40

I don't think we're getting all of the information too. This guy was probably warned multiple times, and was told to not make anymore noise. The guy yawned, and made a noise. This report sounds very one sided.

niggles

Reaction score
that inconsiderate jerk deserved this