If you were me, would you pre-order WWE 2K18, especially for Kurt Angle pre-order bonus or...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
just wait til it releases to hear if the game is any good or a major improvement over the previous WWE games?

So far, the game looks like a huge improvement over previous games judging by how interactive the gameplay is slowly becoming with the falls count anywhere backstage free roaming. I just hope Yuke's Co. Ltd. improve the controls in the game and not make it more frustratingly over-complicated and slow than it needs to be like they've been doing with the past couple of WWE games.
WWE2K18-Features-.jpeg

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Don't fall for the pre-order bullshit. Every copy will contain Kurt Angle. Only pre-order for beta stuff, and/or big game releases like a new GTA, where demand vs supply is in question. Like the recently released SNES Classic, which is currently sold out EVERY. WHERE.

Just to be safe, buy the Day One Edition if you want Kurt Angle and don't care to pre-order. Day One Edition is the same thing as the regular copy, it's just another SKU w/ bonuses.

Just don't fall for pre-order, they'll have enough copies.

Last edited:

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Don't fall for the pre-order bullshit. Every copy will contain Kurt Angle. Only pre-order for beta stuff, and/order big game releases like a new GTA, where demand vs supply is in question. Like the recently released SNES Classic, which is currently sold out EVERY. WHERE.
I see. I'm still a little reluctant because judging by this video, the gameplay seems to be the still same old frustrating controls, shitty repetitive commentary and slow gameplay since they first were given the rights over the WWE games. Maybe I'm wrong but I just hope 2K gives more options for us to change up the pacing of the gameplay and the controls as well as improve the commentating.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I see. I'm still a little reluctant because judging by this video, the gameplay seems to be the still same old frustrating controls, shitty repetitive commentary and slow gameplay since they first were given the rights over the WWE games. Maybe I'm wrong but I just hope 2K gives more options for us to change up the pacing of the gameplay and the controls as well as improve the commentating.
It's a valid concern because yes, it's the same game. Kind of like a yearly Madden title or yearly COD title.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
It's a valid concern because yes, it's the same game. Kind of like a yearly Madden title or yearly COD title.
I mean, I don't expect the gameplay to completely change at all. I just hope for 2K to just simply make the controls a little more easier, add more wrestling moves available to perform and speed up the pace of the gameplay by a little bit. That's all.

Back then, when THQ still existed and was publishing all of the WWE games, they didn't have too many issues of adding some improvements over their gameplay and a few major changes that innovates their games, back in the early-mid 2000s(when they released Smackdown Shut Your Mouth and Smackdown Here Comes the Pain and some of the SvR games).

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I mean, I don't expect the gameplay to completely change at all. I just hope for 2K to just simply make the controls a little more easier, add more wrestling moves available to perform and speed up the pace of the gameplay by a little bit. That's all.

Back then, when THQ still existed and was in charge of the WWE games, they didn't have too many issues of adding some improvements over their gameplay and a few major changes that innovates their games, back in the early-mid 2000s(when they released Smackdown Shut Your Mouth and Smackdown Here Comes the Pain and some of the SvR games).
I know what you mean. I'm a hardcore gamer that wants a game not complicated but challenging.

The problem w/ THQ wasn't that they had a hard time changing things, it's just that THQ didn't have the money to do what yukes and 2k have been doing. 2k is owned by a larger company, which affords both 2k and yukes more money and resources. WWE pays 2k a yearly package to get their game done by release date set.

Last edited:

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I am definitely gonna be waiting for a sale on this one. Just don't feel like it'll live up to the 'omg this career is gonna be awesome' bs they throw out every year.