If you hate D.Bryan GTFI

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
First of all this will be a no flaming zone.​

A serious question as I've seen alot of people on here who dislike him and I'm wondering why? I personally see alot of up sides but I'm a mark and have been for a long time. I want to know why someone would hate him. Please avoid simply saying it's my opinion. I just want to know a reason why.​

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
RE: If you hate D.Bryan GTFO.

Tbh not liking his mic work on SD, seems so forced imo.

His in ring skills are by far the best though, not gonna deny that.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
At first I wanted him no where near the main event, because he didn't seem to have the ability to cut a promo. Was watching NXT when he aggressive on Michael Cole, that's when I knew he could do it. His recent promos have been better than Punks, so I have no idea why people say he can't work a mic... he was 2nd best on Monday and that's behind the best mic worker in the WWE (Chris Jericho). He's getting more heat than everyone, I literally can't think of anyone with more heat atm? Maybe Rhodes, maybe Jericho.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Always a Bryan fan since ppl pointed him out in ROH!

Why?

Look at his wrestling ability speaks for itsself much needed in WWE at times!

Plus they guy has always played very little gimmick just a nerd an he is who he is to as point an it's got him over every time! takes effort to do that!

Now mic ability in WWE good man D Bry as Booker would say is up there it's a different style of promo to most but it works!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I love his ring work, but think people are really overreacting to his mic work. It's okay, but people are going overboard. I don't hate him, but his character leaves a lot to be desired for me.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I love his ring work, but think people are really overreacting to his mic work. It's okay, but people are going overboard. I don't hate him, but his character leaves a lot to be desired for me.

Would you rate his mic work above Ziggler?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hard to compare the two. Bryan has been given a ton of time on the mic and free reign lately. Ziggler gets neither of those things.

Ziggler held his own with Foley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcrTayB6UHk who is a great mic worker in his own rights

ZIggler seems a helluva lot more natural on the stick than DB IMO. Small sample size w/ Foley but like I said they would rather give Vickie the mic to say excuse me and get boo'd out of the building than actually let Dolph get any promo time

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That promo does stand out for Ziggler but it's not consistent. As for who looks more natural are you kidding? Bryan looks relaxed, Ziggler sometimes looks like there's a log in his pants. Don't get me wrong - big fan of Ziggler but his stick work can still improve, but it's more than bearable now, it's enjoyable.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It's cool. I don't want to highjack seabs thread debating Zigglers mic skills

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
It's cool. I don't want to highjack seabs thread debating Zigglers mic skills

The majority of threads we have go off topic anyway :laugh: . So you can do if you want.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Bret Hart and Steve Austin both like Bryan and I highly respect their wrestling IQ

Bryan isn't trying to be more glamorous than he is.

If he seems like a nerd, its cause he is. Frankly, high school is over and those comments are obsurd

He's got a Bret Hart like approach to mic work, which suits me fine... I hated the AE anyways

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Most of it to me is more creative hate than Daniel Bryan hate. But his promos just aren't very good. They're all forced and nonconvincing, he doesn't seem comfortable on the mic, and usually he gets outshined by the Big Show. He's a pretty good worker, but not even close to what I hear on here.. but I didn't see him in ROH either.

But the booking of D-Bryan is incredible. Are we really supposed to boo 200 pounds of Daniel Bryan walking into a steel cage with 900 pounds of Big Show and Mark Henry, right after his girlfriend was run over by a glorified truck? And other than that, they're just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Draine said:
Most of it to me is more creative hate than Daniel Bryan hate. But his promos just aren't very good. They're all forced and nonconvincing, he doesn't seem comfortable on the mic, and usually he gets outshined by the Big Show. He's a pretty good worker, but not even close to what I hear on here.. but I didn't see him in ROH either.

But the booking of D-Bryan is incredible. Are we really supposed to boo 200 pounds of Daniel Bryan walking into a steel cage with 900 pounds of Big Show and Mark Henry, right after his girlfriend was run over by a glorified truck? And other than that, they're just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing if it sticks.

I agree with most, if not all of this.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Draine said:

Repped

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Why start another argument? Tired of this Bryan shit, he just doesn't fit in the WWE.