If TNA Should Close Its Doors

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I've called it, TNA will be dead by June. So let's humor me a bit here, what if TNA really does die? Here's the topic, if TNA shuts down, which TNA superstars do you think have the best shot at either being A) hired by the WWE or B) going back to/debuting for Ring Of Honor?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Thing is that ROH supposedly has financial problems, so I can't see many going back there, should TNA die.

As for going to WWE, Abyss is the first one that comes to mind. WWE love big men, and he's a fucking mountain. Angle would probably get signed right back too on a very small schedule.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
1.Abyss- For the reasons BKB mentioned plus it makes for an interesting fued with guys like Kane and Knox

2.AJ Styles-I think Evan Bourne opened up Vince's eyes to the world of high flying, risk takers ( no not Jeff Hardy) and AJ is an excellent athlete and could bring back prestige to the US/IC title

3.Kurt Angle: He deserves a job, and I still think he can give something, so hire him back and give him a few fueds, and a retirement fued

4.Samoa Joe- The guy has talent, and unlike in TNA, Vince won't waste it, because Joe=big AND athletic, something Vince would be hard pressed to look past

5.Booker T- Booker would want his job back, and Vince would more than likely rehire him, the guy is pretty popular, is a good seller, and would be excellent for the mid card (keep him away from the WHC, WWE title)

Guys who will NOT come

1.Scott Steiner- He sucks, Vince knows it, and he also talked bad about Vince's son in law AND Flair. Fuck you Scott, go to Japan

2.Sting- Never been a Mcmahon fan, and would more than likely hang it up if TNA kicked the bucket.

3.Vince Russo- Praise the lord

AJ Styles and Samoa Joe have both previously said that they don't want to go to WWE because they feel they'd be wasted. Both have rejected deals from WWE in the past. Thus why I didn't put them down.

Wordlife

I would so see, and would love to see, Kurt Angle back more than ANYTHING!

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I personally think the way Vince would pay them would be hard to pass up (Joe and AJ) with ROH apparently struggling with money, I think Vince would simply outbid for them. Man is greedy by nature, and the right figure would convince anybody and you know Vince has overpayed for much worse (old Hogan, Goldberg)

CT Styles

Styles and Joe would have said that while under contract, when there's no TNA, WWE really is the only option thus I'd say they'd go there. It's really money vs. passion and money comes first when you have a family.

newmie

Reaction score
As state I think AJ and Joe wouldn't be able to pass up the money that Vince would offer,. Angle would go, I'm sure of that, and so would Booker. I think WWE would hire Kevin Nash even though he wouldn't be able to do much. The Dudleys would be re-hired as would Road Dogg and Billy Gunn. I also think WWe owuld try to get Robert Roode, Kaz, Creed and Daivari... again.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
WWE
Hernandez & Homicide - They'd make for a really good team in WWE, and actually bring seriousness to a tag division. Hernandez could go on a solo run too because of his size and above average wrestling ability.

Lance Hoyt - Could stay in developmental, but could be useful just because he's big.

Robert Roode - He's in the mold of every other WWE Developmental guy, and vince probably would like the Money gimmick. But not James Storm.

Samoa Joe - to wreck him, and just embarrass him, showing that TNA "could not grow it's own talent"

Kevin Nash - If he's still buddy buddy with HHH and HBK, why not?

ROH
Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Jay Lethal
Jimmy Rave
AJ Styles
Creed (entertainment value)
-Self explanatory

I don't think TNA is going to go out of business this year. They're going to struggle a little bit, but I think they'll be able to spot out whatever financial problem that might happen.

Montana

TNA is not dying. If they were in financial problems, we would see some major roster adjustments or drastic changes. If TNA was in fanancial problems, they wouldn't be doing a European Tour. I did say back in late 06 around 2009 TNA would be in a sink or swim time. But from their actions, TNA has shown no signs of slowing down.

But i think the wwe would look at AJ, Joe, Angle, MCMG, Roode, Lethal, Sting.

WWE wouldn't offer AJ and Joe any more than they already have in the past. It's not like WWE would need them if TNA was to go out of business. And both AJ and Joe can make a strong living in the indys and over in Japan.

Neither were under deals to TNA when they said no to WWE.

Kizza

Thing is that ROH supposedly has financial problems, so I can't see many going back there, should TNA die.

As for going to WWE, Abyss is the first one that comes to mind. WWE love big men, and he's a fucking mountain. Angle would probably get signed right back too on a very small schedule.

I swear that ROH were past those financial problems.

Anyways, I see alot of the guys not being hired by WWE. I see guys like MCMG, LAX, Abyss and others going back to ROH, making them the uncontested number two promotion in North America. Guys like Angle would go back, while the rest like Nash & Steiner would most likely end up drifting around the indy scene or just retiring.

ROH have a lot to gain by TNA going out of business. If you look at the TNA roster, all these guys have had stints in ROH:

Abyss
AJ Styles
Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Daivari
Doug Williams
Hernandez
Homicide
Jay Lethal
Jimmy Rave
Petey Williams
Samoa Joe
Sonjay Dutt

That's alot of talent. Hell, even Mick Foley has turned up in ROH. ROH has alot of guys to gain, based on the fact if none of them get signed by WWE. I could only see possibly Styles & Joe getting signed really. Possibly the Guns.

Montana

WWE wouldn't offer AJ and Joe any more than they already have in the past. It's not like WWE would need them if TNA was to go out of business. And both AJ and Joe can make a strong living in the indys and over in Japan.

Neither were under deals to TNA when they said no to WWE.

That was a long long time ago before AJ/Joe were tv stars. The wwe wouldn't offer them HUGE contracts, but probably something fair. Plus you have to figure Indys don't pay benefits and medical. You can get by in Indys/Japan, but im sure your more secure in the wwe.

Reaction score
Hopefully Styles, Samoa Joe and Angle in the very least.

NOT BOOKER. NO!!

chavoheat

Reaction score
That was a long long time ago before AJ/Joe were tv stars. The wwe wouldn't offer them HUGE contracts, but probably something fair. Plus you have to figure Indys don't pay benefits and medical. You can get by in Indys/Japan, but im sure your more secure in the wwe.

WWE does do benefits and medical for the wrestlers (with the possible exception of a few). They're independent contractors; not employees.