If there was no TNA...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CaptainCharisma

Reaction score
Just wondering, if there was no TNA, no retirement home for old wrestlers, basically no alternative in wrestling, what would the industry as a whole be like? Obviously alot more wrestlers would still be in WWE who jumped, such as Christian and Booker T. Wrestlers like Sting probably would have never signed with WWE and would not have gained two more world title reigns, even down to guys like AJ Styles, would they now be with the WWE? Or just wrestling the indys?

Reaction score
well I dont think styles would be wrestling the indys after he tryed out for WWE and they didnt want him not sure about the rest

03mnm

Reaction score
well I dont think styles would be wrestling the indys after he tryed out for WWE and they didnt want him not sure about the rest

What do you mean WWE didnt want AJ when offered him a development deal any with out TNA I wouldnt care to much about wrestling.

Kaedon

Reaction score
It wouldn't matter because

a. there would be ROH still and therefore still an alternative
b. the wrestling industry as a whole would NOT be affected as they are a pimple on its ass.

Soulpower

a. there would be ROH still and therefore still an alternative
b. the wrestling industry as a whole would NOT be affected as they are a pimple on its ass.

Bolded for truth! The only difference is that ROH would have a couple of more wrestlers on their roster.

Buttersz

Reaction score
Angle would never of left. He was doing fine with WWE, they gave him time off because of his health and he fucked off to TNA. As for the others, they would either go to japan, or ROH, or anything, lol.

Travis40

WWE would be even worse because they'd have no competition at all. :p

They don't have competition in the first place :rolleyes:, you can't seriously call a promotion with 1.1 ratings on their biggest show and 50,000 PPV Buys...you can't call them competition to a company with 3.5 as their biggest rating, and over 250,000 PPV Buys at their smallest PPV....you've gotta be shitting me.

And if there wasn't a TNA...this thread wouldn't be here.

The Rated R CMStar

It would be exactly the same, as TNA isn't really competition.

Kurt Angle would have jobbed to Bobby Lashley at ECW. Christian would continue being a jobber at SD. AJ Styles would be in ROH as well as Samoa Joe and Homicide(still) and every old wrestler that leaves WWE will go to retirement instead of TNA

Travis40

Booker T would've been mad and finally retired from wrestling to concentrate on his own promotion...I just thought of that :rolleyes:

phantomgerald

I think somebody would have seen the opporunity and created a fed anyways.

Reaction score
Everyone in TNA might go to ROH and they might get on tv and be like TNA but better. Or they can go to WWE and WWE would be good because with all the good wrestlers and new fueds.

circle

Reaction score
I guess there is still ROH, or they might still do NWA

Crap everyone said something I wanted to say...oh well

The Rated R CMStar

They still do NWA, but it has been practically dead for the past 10 years.

ROH would be stronger, and would be the second biggest federation in the US, altough their style would be a lot more commercial.