If there ever was a time for Hogan to stick it in McMahon's arse ...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gcwflairchop

Reaction score
If Hogan is serious about doing another fed to compete with WWE wouldn't now be the time?

With guys like Jericho, Booker, Lesner, and RVD free, several others in limbo, and WWE not filling up arenas like they had been.

WWE could be in alot of trouble with some serious competition.

Hitman

Reaction score
If Hogan is serious about doing another fed to compete with WWE wouldn't now be the time?

With guys like Jericho, Booker, Lesner, and RVD free, several others in limbo, and WWE not filling up arenas like they had been.

WWE could be in alot of trouble with some serious competition.

Even thought Hogan and McMahon is on the same level....I don't think he could compete with McMahon. Have you look at OVW...they got a lot of future champions on their roster

Travis40

Yeah...OVW's got Cabana, Birchall, Hart, Kozlov, Jeter, Mondo, Chet the Jett, Nemeth, Harry Smith, Spears, Ace Steel, and Matt Sydal....FCW's got Ted DiBiase Jr., Sonny Siaki, and TJ Wilson. Hogan can't make an entire company out of Booker, Lesnar, RVD, Sabu, and Jericho because most of them are past their primes or never had a prime. And it doesn't take 4 or 5 big names to keep a company big, that's what helps WWE...they're pushing new talent all the time.

Hitman

Reaction score
Yeah...OVW's got Cabana, Birchall, Hart, Kozlov, Jeter, Mondo, Chet the Jett, Nemeth, Harry Smith, Spears, Ace Steel, and Matt Sydal....FCW's got Ted DiBiase Jr., Sonny Siaki, and TJ Wilson. Hogan can't make an entire company out of Booker, Lesnar, RVD, Sabu, and Jericho because most of them are past their primes or never had a prime. And it doesn't take 4 or 5 big names to keep a company big, that's what helps WWE...they're pushing new talent all the time.

The only people he could use is Lesnar, RVD, & Jericho....but still can't compete with WWE's roster and future people in his roster

Great One

Yeah and none of those 3 guys would join Hogan's company over WWE, trust me. Also, you left out Big Show, who would probably be the only recent WWE guy to help him out.

Hitman

Reaction score
Yeah and none of those 3 guys would join Hogan's company over WWE, trust me. Also, you left out Big Show, who would probably be the only recent WWE guy to help him out.

Yeah their are real tight but they have to do a lot to get this federation started

Great One

And you forgot the part that the odds of him even trying to start it are pretty much slim to none...

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
This is no way Hogan would be able to just start up a fed and be able to compete with the WWE. IF he was ever able to compete, it would take at least a few years to establish the federation.

Hitman

Reaction score
This is no way Hogan would be able to just start up a fed and be able to compete with the WWE. IF he was ever able to compete, it would take at least a few years to establish the federation.

DUH...He has to get a roster, writers, bookers, general manager, Camera Crew, Announcer, Commentators, Backstage Crew. Not to mention they have to built they Headquarters and hire VP ,Chairman, President, CEO,and all that other stuff. The he has to get a Television deal, get sponsors, and ads for his federation. For doing all of that is going to cost him a lot of money

Reaction score
Haha, none of the guys you mentioned would go to Hogan's promotion. Serious competition? No. The idea of Hogan running a promotion is laughable, quite honestly. Just, take a look at everything bad in WCW in their dying years, and put it all together, and there is Hogan's idea of a promotion.

As others have said WWE has a ton of talent in their developmental terrotories, and they don't have any reason to worry.

Montana

I agree with the original statement. Now would be the ideal time. Especially with how the wwe looks now, with the suspensions and Khali as champ. I think its a financial thing right now, not really getting the talent. Its not like he can just start up a fed, and its would be direct compettion to wwe.

I do think HOgan could make his promotion work. Hogan already said he knows the business is getting smaller. And as far as the "bad years of wcw" you left off the "good years" where they were pullin 5-6.0 in ratings. I still think hogan knows what hes doin. Hogan did have a lot of influence in the golden era. and sparked wcw/nwo. Im not one to doubt hogan thinking. He may not look very intelligent, but the guy knows the business, and knows what the fans what.

Hitman

Reaction score
I agree with the original statement. Now would be the ideal time. Especially with how the wwe looks now, with the suspensions and Khali as champ. I think its a financial thing right now, not really getting the talent. Its not like he can just start up a fed, and its would be direct compettion to wwe.

I do think HOgan could make his promotion work. Hogan already said he knows the business is getting smaller. And as far as the "bad years of wcw" you left off the "good years" where they were pullin 5-6.0 in ratings. I still think hogan knows what hes doin. Hogan did have a lot of influence in the golden era. and sparked wcw/nwo. Im not one to doubt hogan thinking. He may not look very intelligent, but the guy knows the business, and knows what the fans what.

It's not that he's not going to be sucessful, it's financially it wouldn't work

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
It would obviously be a career risk for some of these established superstars to sign with Hogan.

Does anyone think that the Hogan name would be enough to garner a decent audience? I personally think that maybe a few years this could have been a decent option, as of right now I don't think many fans would be too interested in tuning in just because of Hogan.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
It would only be successful on name value, but instead of Hogan, I would want to see someone like Bruno Sammartino start his own promotion, that would be amazing.