If Lesnar had never left, would Cena ever have become the face of WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I think TNA has a few guys who have the look. Crimson & Morgan both come to mind, as does Styles, although he is a little on the short side to be considered in the conversation.

Styles is and always has been a top guy he's one of them that I wish would come to the WWE but in a good period of time where he would be utilized as a top drawer and have good storylines so not rite now lols

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
To be honest in my opinion none of those match Cena, sure they have a good look but not at his level. One person I think who does though is Roode for some reason.

This man has the fucking look bro. He's basically a ginger Goldberg but with sweet ass tattoos instead of a lame ass tribal tattoo

8e6d6ebe70cf70ffd84676b77d41d1d5.jpg

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
IF HE NEVER CENA WOULD NEVER HAVE GOT TO BE WHAT HE AND WOULD NOT EVEN BE WWE! WHICH I WISH WOULD HAVE BEEN!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
This man has the fucking look bro. He's basically a ginger Goldberg but with sweet ass tattoos instead of a lame ass tribal tattoo

8e6d6ebe70cf70ffd84676b77d41d1d5.jpg

Granted, he does look like a bit of a badass. Not sure how marketable he would be though.

nealverma

Jobber
Reaction score
I still think Cena would be the main baby face of the company, because Brock played a better heel

B2A

Jobber
Reaction score
In all honesty, the only reason Cena is face is because from 2002 onwards a list of wrestlers a mile long who happened to be leaps and bounds ahead of Cena decided to leave.

Rock
Austin
Lesnar
Goldberg...Yes I believe Goldberg is better than Cena
Hogan

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'm not sure Goldberg is better than Cena to be honest. Goldberg couldn't really speak, he couldn't wrestle, he had the look and was over but Cena has the look, is stupidly over too, and is one of the best talkers of all time.

B2A

Jobber
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I'm not sure Goldberg is better than Cena to be honest. Goldberg couldn't really speak, he couldn't wrestle, he had the look and was over but Cena has the look, is stupidly over too, and is one of the best talkers of all time.

Yeah you know you are totally right but when I think back, I remember the Goldberg vs HHH feud more than anything and the whole atmosphere of that feud to me was better than anything related to Cena.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
There was just a certain mystique that surrounded Goldberg that Cena can't touch IMO. The 'it' factor if you will. Not saying Cena doesn't have an it factor, but Goldberg had it like only a handful of other guys in wrestling history have IMO.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Goldberg was the closest definition to it imo. It's one of the few ways to describe the term. Whatever "it" is he had it probably more than anyone else.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
There was just a certain mystique that surrounded Goldberg that Cena can't touch IMO. The 'it' factor if you will. Not saying Cena doesn't have an it factor, but Goldberg had it like only a handful of other guys in wrestling history have IMO.

You and your it.

Though I agree, Goldberg was literally the it factor and nothing else. Where as Lesnar had the it factor, but could wrestle, could sort of talk. Etc.

I think it is fair to put Cena in this list when you talk about all time greats. At the moment the IWC will not dream of it, but in 10+ years time he'll be there definitely.

B2A

Jobber
Reaction score
In all honesty I think anyone is capable of naturally having "it" its impossible for the only wrestlers to naturally have "it" to come from the attitude/wCw era.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
B2A said:
In all honesty I think anyone is capable of naturally having "it" its impossible for the only wrestlers to naturally have "it" to come from the attitude/wCw era.

Agreed. Personally, I think Riley has an it factor about him. Has the look of a natural heel, has the physique of a believable heel and can speak on the mic exceptionally well. Inb4 Dolph comments on my Riley obsession.

Del Rio has the look too in my opinion. It's a shame he's bland on the stick though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
For the 10 millionth time Del Rio's mic issues were 90% creatives fault. Nobody on God's green Earth can keep the audience interested when the only two bulletin points they are given by the writing team is to tell the crowd what your name is and to tell them that you destiny is to win ::insert next match here::

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
For the 10 millionth time Del Rio's mic issues were 90% creatives fault. Nobody on God's green Earth can keep the audience interested when the only two bulletin points they are given by the writing team is to tell the crowd what your name is and to tell them that you destiny is to win ::insert next match here::

He's had other content in the past and it didn't come off, but we've yet to see if it is just his content/gimmick since most of the time he does repeat himself. If he came out saying something different I don't think he'll get much reaction from the crowds. I personally don't think creative can be to blame, if you're good on the mic, you make anything work.