If Jericho had cut that legendary shoot promo..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You need to watch the shoot again. It wasn't about Punk solely not getting opportunities and stuff, it was about the company itself. How Cena gets fed everything, how he's portrayed as the best, how they won't promote or market Punk but they do others. It was about the company, Vince and just WWE. It has to be seen inbetween Kayfabe and real life for me, in the grey area. It was just about being fed up with the company, and the reasons were mixed with kayfabe and real reasons.

So debating their kayfabe accomplishments isn't really worthwhile imo.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Sure as hell the impact would've been bigger. Jericho is in the game for a long, long time. I can see him do it on one side, but on the other side I don't. Can not describe it. His character could do the job, but the person himself couldn't do it.

You see, Chris Jericho is one of the biggest heels of all time. But the out of character Chris Jericho is a big face..

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I was addressing Seabs' qualms about Jericho doing the shoot, nothing more.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Jose Tortilla said:
Sure as hell the impact would've been bigger. Jericho is in the game for a long, long time. I can see him do it on one side, but on the other side I don't. Can not describe it. His character could do the job, but the person himself couldn't do it.

You see, Chris Jericho is one of the biggest heels of all time. But the out of character Chris Jericho is a big face..

Not really, Jericho is often sarcastic on twitter and he's very witty, he reminds me of CM Punk but just a bit more polite. CM Punk being an asshole outside of WWE didn't make the shoot any more epic imo.

If you talk about qualms with WWE, surely Jericho has enough backstage crap -- like Punk -- that he could shoot about?

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:

Jericho has had a lot of issues with the WWE so I don't think it would be that unrealistic. Obviously by now he's gotten to the point of not being too bothered as he has his band to concentrate on, but early 2000s it wouldn't have surprised me.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I agree that Jericho would have done as good a job or better than Punk. I think you are confused on my stance

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
The Great White Crayo said:
Not really, Jericho is often sarcastic on twitter and he's very witty, he reminds me of CM Punk but just a bit more polite. CM Punk being an asshole outside of WWE didn't make the shoot any more epic imo.

If you talk about qualms with WWE, surely Jericho has enough backstage crap -- like Punk -- that he could shoot about?

Not talking about him on his Twitter. I just gave my opinion. Backstage? Not so much. I've read alot about Y2J being one of the greatest guys backstage.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
I agree that Jericho would have done as good a job or better than Punk. I think you are confused on my stance

He could've done it much better. He's a better mic worker than Punk, I just like Punk more because he had the balls to do that in the public eye.

Jose Tortilla said:
Not talking about him on his Twitter. I just gave my opinion. Backstage? Not so much. I've read alot about Y2J being one of the greatest guys backstage.

Jericho had a lot of complaints, if you watch some of his interviews online he mentions them (WM story with Hunter for one)

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
R'Albin said:
Jericho had a lot of complaints, if you watch some of his interviews online he mentions them (WM story with Hunter for one)

I know those problems, but I was talking backstage with fellow wrestlers and personnel.. Not the board of directors of VKM.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: If Jericho had cut that legendary shoot promo..

The Great White Crayo said:
You need to watch the shoot again. It wasn't about Punk solely not getting opportunities and stuff, it was about the company itself. How Cena gets fed everything, how he's portrayed as the best, how they won't promote or market Punk but they do others. It was about the company, Vince and just WWE. It has to be seen inbetween Kayfabe and real life for me, in the grey area. It was just about being fed up with the company, and the reasons were mixed with kayfabe and real reasons.

So debating their kayfabe accomplishments isn't really worthwhile imo.

The one line which all was stuck to me was " I hate this idea that you're the best because you're not I'm the best, I'm the best in the world" I understand he was annoyed about the company direction but IMO it wasn't about Cena being given things as such as Punk saw himself as better than John but wasn't afforded a similar opportunity. Also the speech about his face not being on the collectors cups. Acknowledging these things from a kayfabe perspective shows Cena was given this treatment despite losing the title 10 times I think it was at the time whilst Punk lost his 3 times thus Cena was given more opportunity to prove himself on the major stage despite being beaten. I initially commented on it in a similar tone to your response, blurring the lines with how Chris was given all he wanted such as touring with Fozzy when ever he wished.

Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
Yes but kayfabe wise Punk was losing every feud (Big Show, Mysterio, Orton ect) so strictly going on kayfabe Punk didn't deserve s*** because HE FUCKIN SUCK at the time, no?

Whilst this is true did Jericho deserve his title shot at NOC despite only beating Evan Bourne I believe it was after losing to him on the PPV? The point I'm getting at really is neither really earned the shot if we're strictly in kayfabe but one was still afforded the opportunity, if that makes sense.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
It would have been better if A-ry did it!