If Jericho had cut that legendary shoot promo..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That CM Punk cut, would it have been better, worse or no difference? For some reason I'd love to see Jericho shoot on WWE as he -- like Punk -- has lots of legitimate grievances with the company so there's no doubt people would buy into it, as they did with Punk's.

What do you think?

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
that would have been so awesome :jericho: :smug:

I wonder where punk would be today if he didn't do that shoot :hmm:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Same thing I think, Jericho could also complain about not being "the" man or something.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Actually, I don't think it would have had any more impact. I think part of the whole reason it made such an impact was because Punk wasn't as established as Jericho was (weird, but somehow that makes sense to me) and so it got people's attention more when Punk cut the promo. With Jericho, it might not have been seen as anything but an ordinary promo.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
No, Jericho as great as he is isn't going to be any more of a star. Punker was the only man to cut that promo, he had the axe, he had the attitude and it seemed real. Chris has had his band on Raw and been given time off when ever he wished. He got what he wanted so didn't really have the axe. 10 years ago Jericho shooting on Rock in a similar ideology would have been interesting or even Austin.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Wouldn't do as much, CM Punk was new and wasn't getting title shots. Chris Jericho already made history on many things, being the first undisputed champion, holding both ECW and WCW TV championships, and many things. Jericho saying the company wasn't treating him right won't do a thing since he already had a chance to make a name for himself, and he did. Punk was getting held back and not getting shots until he took action. He wasn't as much established as Jericho, so he needed it more, and it made more of an impact as oppose as of Jericho did.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Farooq's Eevee said:
Wouldn't do as much, CM Punk was new and wasn't getting title shots.

-Become the face/champion of the ECW brand upon entering the company
-Win MiTB at Mania
-Win multiple WHCs

Yea, poor Punk being held down by the man

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: If Jericho had cut that legendary shoot promo..

Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
-Become the face/champion of the ECW brand upon entering the company
-Win MiTB at Mania
-Win multiple WHCs

Yea, poor Punk being held down by the man

Whilst this is true what had he done since Hell in a Cell 2009 ?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Seabs said:
Whilst this is true what had he done since Hell in a Cell 2009 ?

Same could more or less be said for Jericho

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: If Jericho had cut that legendary shoot promo..

Hollywood Dolph'sZiggler said:
Same could more or less be said for Jericho

I'm not sure tbh, from his return he was given multiple title shots whilst Punk had none for around 2 years. Plus his exile was requested so he could tour with his band, you can hardly complain of being held back when they fell to your request for time off. When would he shoot? That has to be a factor also IMO.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Seabs said:
I'm not sure tbh, from his return he was given multiple title shots whilst Punk had none for around 2 years. Plus his exile was requested so he could tour with his band, you can hardly complain of being held back when they fell to your request for time off. When would he shoot? That has to be a factor also IMO.

Your argument seems to flip back and forth between kayfabe and real life. I would be glad to address either issue but not both cleverly wrapped up into one

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Apologies if I was attempting to blur the lines too much, let's start with his kayfabe accomplishments assuming Jericho made a return at the time Punk cut his worked shoot. Bare in mind he would have been on hiatus for the same time, main Eventing both Summerslam against the Nexus and during the 6 pack challenge at NOC before being "injured" by Orton's punt kick. Could he complain about never being put in the limelight solely within the kayfabe confinements?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yes but kayfabe wise Punk was losing every feud (Big Show, Mysterio, Orton ect) so strictly going on kayfabe Punk didn't deserve shit because HE FUCKIN SUCK at the time, no?