If Jeff Leaves...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

So right now it's pretty obvious that Jeff has taken the role of top face over on Smackdown. With a lot of rumors going around that he's going to take some time off after Summerslam...where could this leave the brand?
CM Punk has assumed the role of top heel on the show, with Mr. "I'll never be on RAW again" Jericho....appearing mainly on RAW.
If Jeff leaves he will leave a pretty obvious hole in the Smackdown roster, with Edge also on the shelf.
So who is ready to step foward and take his place? Morrison is really the only one who comes to mind right now. Although he is getting a pretty decent face reaction he really hasn't had a proper feud since coming over to Smackdown and making the face turn.
I'm a bit worried with Miz now off RAW we'll see him end up over on Smackdown only to resume some kind of Mizorrison split feud. Although I'm sure it'll be quite entertaining, Smackdown is really in need of pushing some new main event stars.
So what do you guys think... where will a departure by Jeff leave Smackdown.

kingovkings

Reaction score
IMO i think Jeff will lose title to Punk @SS and take a break for awhile. Punk will hold the title for abit until Jericho takes it off him some were down the line next year. That will set up either a feud between Jericho and Edge if he is back by then. If not Jericho/Taker or even Morrison, Till Edge returns. I also thin Miz will goto SD and have a mini feud with Morrison at sum point. Anyway that my take on SD to come probs way out as always but hey il get it right 1 time =/.

Evil Austin

The only face that can carry SmackDown until Morrison is ready, Edge is back and Jeff comes back... and that's the Undertaker, he would feud with Punk after Summerslam possibly until Survivor Series with Jericho in the mix of things until other faces (Edge, Morrison and Jeff) are in the scene.

Double J

Reaction score
I think it'd be pretty cool to keep the titles on Jerishow (That's right, I said Jerishow) and then have Edge come back and bring in Christian as his partner.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
TRADE JEFF FOR JOHN CENA!

noumenon

The last thing Smackdown needs right now is John Cena. Do we really need him doing what he did to Miz on RAW to CM Punk and Morrison over on Smackdown?

Airfixx

What I'd do....

*Punk heels on Jeff and wins the title back on SD tonight.
*Hardy/Punk no DQ blow-off match at SSLam. Punk retains.
*Some combo of Punk/Morrison/Rey/Jericho/Kane @ Unforgiven. Punk retains.
*Punk/Taker @ No Mercy. Taker wins.... Eventually Jericho costs him the title around RR/NWO and off they go for their first time encounter at WM26.

Ajax

Reaction score
I wouldnt worry too much about it,I'm sure taker will be back soon and feud with punk(which will be punks biggest feud to date)rey mysterio is also a face on the level of hardy I'm sure he will continue to have great matches for the ic title with ziggler and the other young heels,and its looking like morrison will probably take up a feud with miz since he is apparently gone from raw,all in all smackdown has been a fantastic show lately and pisses all over raw which continues to alienate the WRESTLING fans each week.With these feuds I mentioned it should keep it strong for a while to come in time for the inevitable edge face turn and feud with jericho and edge to take the roll up as no.1 face.

noumenon

There's also another strong possibility that could be done. However that's a spoiler and we'll discuss that after tonight's Smackdown.

seX-Power

Jeff's place (both in card position and feuding with Punk) will be taken by
Matt Hardy after he returned on Smackdown.
IMO.

Soulpower

If Jeff leaves... I will do backflips. Lots and lots of backflips.

And I agree with the first post. Morrison seems like the most likely guy to replace Hardy if he leaves.