If I ran the WWE Network

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
We all know that the Network is in desperation mode, and that the WWE have been trying to cram this motherfucker down our throats since the numbers came out. But even though i currently don't have the network (WWE loves screwing Canadians and other countries too I guess) I have read and heard a lot of things about it. And one major one is, this actually being treated like an actual network that live streams their programming. Seems expensive to me, to stream live content like their feature shows like Legends House, Wrestlemania thingies, Monday Night Wars or Countdown shit, I would cut the live streams down to actual wrestling shows like Mainevent and the PPVs. I was under the impression this was supposed to be like Netflix, but I guess the program options are not as vast as I thought it was before launch. Another problem. I would just put so much damn content on there that it would be impossible for anyone to watch all of it. It gives off the impression that the purchaser is getting so much bang for their buck that they couldn't go anywhere else to get their wrestling fix....No Youtube, Dailymotion or whatever stream sites that offer old wrestling tapes.....

And since I am on that train of thought, why the fuck don't WWE network stream other wrestling companies? I read that there was panic among the wrestling community over Ustream not airing the G1 Climax, imagine the traffic the network would get for airing these, hell they could cut a hell of alot of distributing deals with small companies like New Japan, ROH, Dragon Gate and just corner that IWC market that seems to hate everything they do. Why not? And since I am on the IWC market, why not have their pre and post shows have worked shoot aspects? Remember when it looked like Seth Rollins hurt himself before Battleground? How many people would have gone out of their way to watch that post show? You would also kill a lot of Meltzer sites because they have the jump on what goes on in their company, they could totally corner this market with the network......Make the network the place to go if you want your wrestling fix on anything, this is what the UFC does right with their Fight Pass...They have Invicta and Metamorsis. WWE could do this too. Make them the hub for wrestling. It's obvious that they probably won't get a large casual audience to initially purchase the network, because that is a marathon, not a sprint....but the hardcores? Totally a viable option.

Anybody?

Weez

Reaction score
It IS like Netflix. WWE just has a weekly schedule when it releases new content in timeslots just like a regular TV Network as well, as opposed to Netflix, who makes a show, and throws up the entire season at a time. To each their own. After it's played, it's immediately available on-demand.. forever. With over 2000 hours of programming (and growing), it already IS better than anything youtube, dailymotion or anyone else could put together.

I keep my sub for the PPVs and for NXT mostly, but I find myself a big fan of Wrestlemania Rewind, which will recap a special WM match with all the build up to it, then present the full match with reactions afterwards. They're doing those weekly. Tonight, they did Rey's WM22 World Title win. Last week was a double-feature about Punk's 2 MITB wins. Countdown is kinda cool, as well. I wish they'd bring back the Legends roundtable or whatever it was called. It was awesome.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What about the idea of making the network a stream provider to iPPV shows like ROH, New Japan, Dragon Gate and collect a percentage fee from them and becoming the hub of professional wrestling? Hell they could even be the DVD distributor to these companies, any little company....give the ol' fuck off High Spots/RF(is that still a thing?) to those guys and corner the IWC market and make it easier for these companies to get their product out there, and more importantly, a platform they own, that they can scout future talent, or even send some of their own guys so they could work in totally different markets............like almost a territory system.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Not a bad idea, I think first instead of trying to milk a single market(US), they should get this in to as many households world wide as possible, then and only then do you have a ready made market to bring in the indy/international companies into the fold. I would honestly only go with 1 company per market, a Japanese, European, Australian, Indian, Mexican, Puerto Rican, etc. and bring the world of wrestling, to the world.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The idea of streaming iPPVs for other companies just seems too good to be true honestly. I think it would work though, and even the cheapest IWC fucks would give in 10 bucks to watch every PPV they want each month. It just doesn't seem like a move WWE would do, but they have been acknowledging indy and Japanese promotions more and more on their website, so never say never.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
What about the idea of making the network a stream provider to iPPV shows like ROH, New Japan, Dragon Gate and collect a percentage fee from them and becoming the hub of professional wrestling? Hell they could even be the DVD distributor to these companies, any little company....give the ol' fuck off High Spots/RF(is that still a thing?) to those guys and corner the IWC market and make it easier for these companies to get their product out there, and more importantly, a platform they own, that they can scout future talent, or even send some of their own guys so they could work in totally different markets............like almost a territory system.

Its a good idea in theory but most indy feds are of a terrible quality in both production and match quality so while it would highlight how professional WWE is in comparison, it wouldn't be much to lure anyone to pay who already isn't.

Plus the way they refuse to acknowledge other companies exist is a big barrier. Only time I heard WWE mention any other company since WCW died was JBL vaguely mentioning ROH not by name but as "that crappy little indy in Chicago" in a promo with CM Punk. They referenced Danielson's GOAT indy reputation and Tensai "being in Japan a few years to better his craft" i guess.

It'd just get confusing to the viewer IMO, showing all these promotions with no connection to the WWE. Unless there was some cross-promotion of course.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not really, WWE had acknowledged indy leagues on their website. This ins't that far off imo.

If you make this network the only hub for wrestling.....the money is all the same, all those jaded fucks who think WWE is the evil empire would have no choice but to line their pocket, which if I was a WWE employee would love to do that for the sheer satisfaction of fucking with those neckbeards.

Plus, they could make PPV provider money from these little indy leagues and keep them afloat like they did for ECW, but you know make money off it.