Idea for an Angle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JTG

Reaction score
It may be a bit of a stretch for Goldust to come back and feud with Cody Rhodes, but I just feel that Goldust could be the one to push Rhodes up. Plus, they’re brothers, and I think they’d put on a show in the ring. If they carried the feud on for a bit, it would make them both look good and elevate Rhodes if WWE booked it properly. Let it build for a while and tease it by having Goldust return at Cyber Sunday, then the Monday night after, Rhodes comes down complaining about ________, then Goldust comes down and starts talking down to Rhodes. Rhodes ends it with a slap to the face of Goldust, who just takes it because he’s not going to fight his own brother.

Vandy316

Reaction score
^sounds like what they did with Dusty

Airfixx

Teaming with Ted Dibiase has already elevated Cody more than a crappy Golddust come-back is likely to.

Montana

I like it. I think JTG means this would be a short term angle, probably not lasting over a month. Why not try something like this to spice things up. Simply Priceless is just kinda floating around now. MnM is fueding with Cryme Tyme.

Airfixx

Not outright dissing the specifics of the suggested angle, but strongly doubt anyone would really give a shit about Golddust returning?

If they're gonna trade off of the Rhodes name he should have some kind of angle where he turns his back on Dusty...

Wrestling Station

Its just annoying to see Dusty jumping every now and then between WWE and TNA.
Steve Austin is a huge draw and these days he can still help out ratings. But Goldust will be just a useless addition which I think would be a bad thing to use him to invest in a storyline. I think a better angle would be, trash talk between Cody and his father (or just that Cody says that he is better than his father ever was) and bring his father to the ring and then get beaten up by his own son. Just to maintain/ expand the heel gimmick and make him an upper heel. All people will stand beside his father and thus WWE will be more than happy with the accomplishment.

Reaction score
I think if they brought Goldust back and had him be a gay guy with Tourette's, it would bring ratings and boost other guys up. He would be a face though. Goldust has to be a face.

Wrestling Station

I think if they brought Goldust back and had him be a gay guy with Tourette's, it would bring ratings and boost other guys up. He would be a face though. Goldust has to be a face.
Well remember his feud with Roddy piper? WM's outside driving through highway and beating the shit out of each other, then back to the ring and Goldust frenched kissed Roddy!? He is an old dude. It wont be good now.

Switchy

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't like to see this feud although I do admit it would be quite interesting. I don't think it would give Cody much push-wise as even though it's his own brother, Goldust isn't exactly "starmaking material" and all Cody will get out of the feud is a slight bit of momentum from a few wins.

What I do think would be better is bring in Mike or Brett DiBiase and have them feud with Ted as I know Mike has some talent (not sure about Brett, haven't seen him) and even though they aren't as known as Goldust is, I reckon if one of them feud with Ted Jr it can build both of them up if they are given enough time on screen but I would like to see the DiBiase's altogether as a team first.

CenaMark54

I dont like it, but I can see the logic and see it happening.

The fact that Golddust has been included in the voting for Cyber Sunday shows the WWE is at least in talks with him about an appearence or two.

I guess at Cyber Sunday, Rhodes and Dibiase can come out and cut a promo on Golddust saying he is a sorry excuse for a 3rd gen wrestler. Golddust can come out and brawl with them. Depending on the crowd reaction, maybe they continue the angle or maybe they just drop it.