• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Promos Ice Pack

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Just ten minutes after being defeated by "The Dark Traveller" Darius Wright at LDW Foundation, Reagan Cole is not doing great as he has one icebag currently placed on his stomach as Reagan just breathes heavily as the bruising that probably was caused by the inverted front powerslam or as Darius Wright calls it the "Dark Cloud". Reagan has a neutral look on his face, just staring at the wall in front of him as the thoughts go through his head one by one only to be disrupted by a kid.

His kid to be exact, Jason Cole. The most energetic four year old you will probably ever find followed by the beautiful love of Reagan's life Sara Cole and one of his closest friends Reagan has in Alexander Tyler. Overall it's a pretty good trio to show up at this moment in time. Jason runs in like a hunted deer and by that I mean he's running as fast as his little legs can carry him and his running can be called chaotic at best. He's also making any and every noise he can so pretty much a hunted deer. Jason runs towards his father and when he reaches his destination, jumps up and Reagan catches him in mid-air and they have a nice hug. Reagan is clearly trying to disguise major discomfort that Jason is inadvertently causing because of the bruise that was previously mentioned.

Reagan: "Hey Kid! How have you been?"

Jason nods his head very quickly as the excitement is literally radiating from him

Jason: "Good! I saw you wrestle!"

Reagan: "Did ya?"

Jason responds with a "Yeah!" as Sara and Tyler catch up and Reagan gives Sara a hug with the one arm that isn't currently holding up his son before going for a simple fist bump to Alexander.

Reagan:
"What are you guys doing here? "

Sara: "Well Jason was going to pull a full tantrum if we didn't see your return match plus it was about time we got a bit of a holiday."

Sara pulls out a baseball cap with a statue of liberty logo on the front and places it on Jason's head.

Reagan: "Wait....But if you're here, who's running the club?"

Sara: "Don't worry, Xavier has got it mostly under control, he sends his regards in the classic Xavier Decollins way."

Tyler: "He literally said "Reagan better make us proud or I'm gonna kick his ass""

This hits a cord inside Reagan as Tyler chuckles at the quote from their mutual friend Xavier DeCollins. Reagan distracts himself by continuing to entertain his kid but Sara clearly notices the shift in Cole.

Sara: "Hey Jason.."

It takes Jason a second to respond to laughing at his father's antics but eventually the blonde haired kid looks at Sara with happiness in his eyes

Sara: "How would you like to go and see some of the other wrestlers with Uncle Tyler!"

Jason: "No! I wanna stay with Dad!"

Reagan: "Come on, kid. Be a good boy and listen to your mother, I'll talk to you in a bit."

Jason begrudgingly gets down from Reagans shoulder and walks over to the wrestler formerly nicknamed "Thunder"

Tyler: "Come on, Jaseo! There's gotta be a person who we can annoy around here somewhere!"

Jason's reaction changes straight back to excitement at the thought of being mischievous and he follows his uncle as the parents look on, Reagan looking very confused and Sara just sighing to herself.

Reagan: "Did...did he just call our kid Jaseo?"

Sara: "He's trying out new nicknames. It was either that or JC."

Reagan: "Can't he just call him Jason?"

Sara: "It's Tyler, what were you expecting?"

The couple share a smile, these are the moments that really define a relationship, Because no matter what Reagan is going through, Sara is there to bring him back up and vice versa. Reagan is then brought back down as he looks at the ice pack which reminds him of what he believes to be a failure.

Sara: "Something's up. What happened? Darius got into your head with all of his pay the cost baloney?"

Reagan: "Definitely not that."

Sara: "Then what is it?"

Reagan: “Just....everything is different now. The ring feels different, the referee, the corners, the ring ropes even the crowd felt...different. I should have beat him, he’s no different to people we have both faced in fights. Kids that are “feared” everywhere else with then they step in the ring with with of us and they tap out within the minute because they’re not used to facing someone without back up or attacking from behind. "

Sara:”And there’s your problem.”

Reagan: “What?”

Sara: “You didn’t have the right mindset. We both know Darius is tougher than those kids and we both know that the ring is tougher than the cage if used properly. You put your head into Street fighter mode, not wrestler mode and I wanna know why. Because you’ve never done before as far as I remember so why after years away from her-“

Reagan: “Because i don’t know how to.”

This reaction actually surprises Sara but she allows Reagan to continue.

Reagan: “Look at what has happened since I last wrestled a one on one match. Our kid is no longer a baby but a toddler, he is so much smarter than then. He can watch my wrestling and try to copy it. Not to mention The Gibson Gym is one of the best gyms in Britain and the street fight league is also bringing in more money than ever. I don’t know....maybe I jumped back into this too early, maybe I should have watched more matches, maybe-

Sara: "Maybe, maybe, maybe! Maybe a thousand things! Listen Jason will be fine regardless of if you win or lose, all he cares about is that his father gives it his all and maybe come out with a championship in the end. You're holding back because of Jason when you don't have to. Jason has already seen your fights, he knows surprisingly a few of the basic moves at this point. How can he do that but not watch you wrestle?"

Reagan: "Because in some aspects, Wrestling is more dangerous. Both mentally and physically. Remember when we first met? I was 12 with 3 years experience behind me already just from fighting random people for food and money. Jason is only 4 years younger than me when I ran. I'm not saying he will run away but it's always a possibility in my brain that he does and what happens then? In the league, we teach him not to go too far but with wrestling that limit is stretched when something like a powerbomb is used for a two count. Jason does that out there and he messes up, the other guy breaks his neck and Jason is in prison for murder. That's what I do not want! I need to protect him not only from that but also from manipulators, people in the wrestling business will twist your mind like there is no tomorrow. I have had so many tag partners stab me in my back when I least expected it and I don't want that to happen to Jason. I need to protect him."

Coles volume decrease with that last sentence and hangs his head down trying to compose himself as some passer bys were startled by Reagans shouting. It leaves a awkward silence between the two as they struggle to find the next word to say before Sara speaks up

Sara: "You're basing this off your own experience, you ran away from your home for a good reason. Because your dad was a prick. You are not your dad. You're better than he ever will be. Jason isn't going to run away, he loves you! He wants you to succeed! But the way you did it out there, I have to be straight with you Reagan. It ain't going to happen and that's why I've talked to some people and I got you a match for the First Primetime. Remember Daemon Raze?"

Reagan looks up at the name and is suspicious

Reagan: "Canada's Greatest Athlete? Yeah, I faced him a lot in the independent scene, we would even pull two matches in one night in multiple promotions just because we could. He was a dick though."

Sara: "Oh trust me, I know. But he's also the perfect opponent for you, you've faced him before, he's not like Darius. This is your way of getting back into the wrestling mindset."

Reagan nods along and goes to respond but is interrupted once again by high pitch screaming by Jason as he rides in on the back of Tyler with a mysterious piece of paper.

Jason: "Mum! Dad! Look what I got! Patriot gave me his signature!"

Jason shows Reagan and Sara his gift by "Mr. American Wrestling" and he's so energetic that you can barely see the signature from Patriot on the piece of paper. Reagan automatically goes into analyzing the signature as Tyler just smiles at his former tag team partner.

Tyler: "What are you doing?"

Reagan: "For a technician, he has real scruffy handwriting."

The group share a laugh as Reagan looks at his joy with pure happiness even though inside he is terrified of the possible outcomes that Jason might go through and the protection Jason will have against them before those thoughts are interrupted by people crowding around the tv which has Slate Bass and Eden on screen looking as smug as possible.

Jason: "Hey dad. Who that man?"

Reagan: ".....Someone you're better off not knowing, Jason. Hey let's go get something to eat! New York is known for their pizza after all! "

Everyone agrees to that, thankfully as Tyler with Jason still on his back leads the pack out with Reagan and Sara following with Reagan having his arm around Sara for slight support as the ice pack still stays close to the bruising.And that is where the scene closes.

Yeah I know this promo is like super freaking late considering I already defeated Daemon but deal with it! Mentions go to @King Of Armageddon @Patriot Pants and of course famous internet wrestling journalist @Jonny Nostradamus