I think Ryback needs to be pushed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Could't even carry a 60 odd year old? How does that make sense King was a great worker back in the day but in 2010 he was well past his sell by date, Miz was a fantastic promo guy IMO also plus he was drawing heat.

Here's an example :

Punk wasn't doing the BITW schtick until the following Summer was he? Bryan initially got over because of Miz's work on NXT, I'll concede he was copying a lot of Jericho's presentation and mannerisms, but is that a bad thing?

Maybe I just don't like the guy but I feel like the dramatic pausing he does in 90% of his promos is draining. Yes, he did draw heat but a lot of long time wrestling fans weren't happy when he won the big belt. I feel like he would be amazing on commentary because the few times he was and talked normal, not in robotic promo mode, he sounded great.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Maybe I just don't like the guy but I feel like the dramatic pausing he does in 90% of his promos is draining. Yes, he did draw heat but a lot of long time wrestling fans weren't happy when he won the big belt. I feel like he would be amazing on commentary because the few times he was and talked normal, not in robotic promo mode, he sounded great.
Miz has tons of charisma, can put on a good match, and is PERFECT as the guy every fan wants to punch in the face. He isn't going to be a great face champ, but Miz still has earned his keep IMO.

Ryback could have been pushed eventually, but his IC title reign wasn't exactly awesome. He should have been the heel, Bully Ryback was awesome and 100% believable....plus them tweets he made were soso great.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If they gave it to Sheamus, I don't se why they can't with Ryback. Sheamus at the champ sucked.

How about giving it to somebody who's actually entertaining, like Bray Wyatt? You got one of the best guys on the show doing nothing right now during Wrestlemania season, and yet people are calling for mediocre talent like Ryback to get a push. :haha:

Ryback has his good qualities and I especially found Bully Ryback fun to watch, but when you get down to it, he's still just a dime-a-dozen meat head. Bray Wyatt is one of the most enigmatic and intriguing characters they've ever had.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
How about giving it to somebody who's actually entertaining, like Bray Wyatt? You got one of the best guys on the show doing nothing right now during Wrestlemania season, and yet people are calling for mediocre talent like Ryback to get a push. :haha:

Ryback has his good qualities and I especially found Bully Ryback fun to watch, but when you get down to it, he's still just a dime-a-dozen meat head. Bray Wyatt is one of the most enigmatic and intriguing characters they've ever had.

Meat heads work though and I don't expect him to be a long time champ it would just freshen things up. And yeah Bray is good for a bigger guy but he has been stale for sometime because they do the same thing over and over again with that group. They have no one to go after so the booking has been trash.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Miz has tons of charisma, can put on a good match, and is PERFECT as the guy every fan wants to punch in the face. He isn't going to be a great face champ, but Miz still has earned his keep IMO.

Ryback could have been pushed eventually, but his IC title reign wasn't exactly awesome. He should have been the heel, Bully Ryback was awesome and 100% believable....plus them tweets he made were soso great.

Well yeah if they did give him a champ run again he would have to be heel. It fits him just like I feel Reigns needs to be a heel. Some guys don't do as well or good at all as faces because wwe takes a brute and turns it into a comedy show. Look at Big E!

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Ryback > Bray

WWE killed the buzz surrounding Bray. He's no more than a spooky jobber at this point.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think he deserves a push. A rapid one at that. Give him a storyline, with someone who can work. Have them tape angles and other things and lead to a upper-midcard match at WrestleMania, and hell even have Ryback go after a mid-card title and capture it. He should be having gritty feuds for a while before capturing the WWE Championship. But sadly...

It's over for the Big Guy.

The feeling that your favorite mid-card guy has reached his potential with the same back-tracked storylines and angles with no real progression of character or build of heat, has reached Ryback. It reached him as soon as he turned face in 2014. Much like Dolph Ziggler and Bray Wyatt, there's no hope that he'll break through the glass ceiling and grab the brass ring. I don't want to sound cliché, btw.

It's just that they give him a monster pushed from time to time, and each time it amounts to nothing. In 2012, he was working CM Punk for the WWE Championship. In 2013, he was working John Cena for the WWE Championship. In 2014, he was working The Authority in the biggest angle of the year. In 2015, he got the Intercontinental Championship and won the Elimination Chamber. And each time it amounted to nothing, just like 90% of the rest of the roster, he's not going anywhere.

A push doesn't exist in the original sense of the term. It's not about who draws money or who the fans want, that gets a 'push' as in get prominently featured. It's about who the company thinks can be the best PR rep. They 'push' a guy by handing them a suit, and booking him for every talk show in the country. It's not about keeping the guy strong so the fans can see him as a threat and a legitimate champion they would like to get behind. It's about how can we keep the sponsors and 3rd parties happy while still pleasing a small demographic of an audience, which they only do to keep sponsors and 3rd parties happy.

If WWE still operated like a wrestling promotion, then I'd see Ryback or anyone that can bring in a buck and keep the fans happy as getting a push. But WWE isn't a wrestling promotion.

Reactions: Red Rain

RVD_86

Jobber
Reaction score
Ryback has always had the look of a WWE star but it's about so much more than that to become successful. I don't think even after his improvement in the wrestling ring that he is good at all. I think his performances in the ring are boring. There's nothing new or creative about it. His promos are awful as well. Just repeatedly shouting

"FEED ME MORE"

isn't a good gimmick and very quickly wears off with the fans. I don't know what you do with him, but he is just not working as he is just now and I doubt he has what it takes to be a long term asset to the company.