I think I done got plagiarised!!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yo, so some of you may have read the article I wrote on the Streak a month or so ago. If you missed it here:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/2/23/2819155/on-the-streak

As we approach WrestleMania 28, I'd like to bring up an oft discussed topic that inevitably crops up around this time of the year: the Undertaker's WrestleMania winning streak.

This year our favorite "Deadman" heads into "The Grand Daddy of them All" looking to extend his streak to 20-0 and while he most certainly should not have his streak broken by Triple H, I'd like to discuss why the streak should end before the Undertaker retires.

Now, I understand that this is a rather divisive subject but I have to admit that I am somewhat baffled as to why. In this wonderful world of professional wrestling it has always seemed to me that the biggest and best things should always be sacrificed for the next generation.

More after the jump. (Side note: I probably didn't need to use the jump but damn it, I wanted to!)

What does the Undertaker gain by retiring with his streak intact? Does it somehow make his legacy bigger than it already is? Absolutely not. The Undertaker is the iconic figure wihtin WWE. If the WWE was a religious organization, their symbol would be the Undertaker up there on his Undertaker cross.

You know the one I mean.

What I'm trying to say here is that the Undertaker's legacy is so much more than his WrestleMania streak. It's the memorable moments like locking the Ultimate Warrior in his casket on the Funeral Parlor, his return as the BikerTaker, and even the time he made us all laugh with the line, "Where to, Stephanie?"

The list is so long I could be here all day and I haven't even started in on his feuds with the likes of Hulk Hogan, Mankind, Kane, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels.

All of this is his legacy, not the streak. The streak is meant to be broken, or at least it should be. What is gained by the Undertaker retiring with his streak in tact? Absolutely nothing. All it would do is leave a gaping hole where a massive opportunity once was.

What massive opportunity? The opportunity to take a current, young WWE Superstar who is already on the bleeding edge of greatness and give him that huge push that solidifies him as a future legend and a force to be reckoned with. To lose out on this momentous occasion would be a tragedy as it would easily be one of the top moments in WWE history.

The streak shouldn't go this year but it should go before Undertaker does.

But today, I happened to be directed towards this little gem from some WrestleZone doucher:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editoria...rs-streak-should-end-have-mick-foley-call-you

Undertaker's WrestleMania streak should end, but not this year. Not by Triple H.

Mike Killam and I discussed this in the live, overrun portion of "VOW Reaction" Monday night and I begged listeners to call into the show and tell my why Undertaker's streak shouldn't end, eventually. No one did. Maybe no one could.

As a pure fan of the business, and of Undertaker in general, I understand why some want the streak to remain in tact forever. However, if I'm Vince McMahon, there's no way I allow that to happen. What good is a perfect record at WrestleMania when Taker's no longer around?

Sure, let's talk about his legacy. A person's legacy isn't defined by his or her accomplishments, accolades, or personal records. It's defined by what they LEAVE BEHIND. Taker has the ability to pass the proverbial torch in huge fashion on his way out. That would be a more appropriate addition to his legacy -- not holding on to a streak that is only valuable as long as he's there to defend it.

Is Undertaker going to lose his spot as one of the greatest of all time if he loses one match at WrestleMania? Absolutely not. Yet, think about what the person that beats him gains as a result. It's indefinable.

If I'm Vince McMahon and I had an investment in something as great as Undertaker's 'Mania streak, cashing in at some point would have always been the plan. How does Undertaker's undefeated record at one event make me money once 'Taker is retired?

It's business. Vince surely understands that still. I imagine Undertaker does as well.

Let's say you agree with me. The question now becomes "who'?

It won't (and shouldn't) be Triple H this Sunday.

First and foremost, Undertaker needs to reach 20-0. That makes it complete. However, it's very doubtful Undertaker's in-ring career will still be active by the time the next milestone of 25-0 rolls around. Therefore, after this year's Mania, find out how much longer Taker wants to go and pick that year. 20-1, 21 and 1, doesn't matter at that point.

The perfect example of where a wrestler should be in his career to justify ending Undertaker's streak, in my opinion, is CM Punk. Punk is a SUPERstar now, but it's still relatively fresh. A moment like we're talking about would put Punk over the top in an instant.

Some might feel Punk is already there and I certainly wouldn't argue that agressively. By next year, if Vince remains in his corner and continues to push him, Punk shouldn't need anything like this to elevate his career. He should already be at the very top.

Here's a list of some wrestlers and my thoughts on them potentially ending the streak in the next couple of years:

John Cena - While it's believable, I think it would be a waste of an opportunity. Cena clearly doesn't need it. He's one of the top five biggest superstars of all time (from a business standpoint), so why spend the moment on him. That being said, I would like to see Cena face Taker at WrestleMania once, and lose. That is, if Taker has more than one left.

Sheamus - Sure, but as a heel preferably.

Wade Barrett - Absolutely. Barrett is a great option, IF Vince is truly committed and behind him.

Dolph Ziggler - I can see it, but he has a lot of work to do before I'd want to see that happen. Dolph has all the ability inside the ring, but whether or not he can get over verbally on his own remains to be seen. It will need to be seen in a BIG way before I'd feel good about him ending the streak.

Now, am I just being self absorbed or did this little cock knocker just plagiarise me?

Side note: Not actually upset about being plagiarised. Kind of a compliment actually. I'm pissed that it was some WrestleZone dickhead as opposed to somebody respectable ripping me off.

...god...

Reaction score
There's definitely some key words and strong similarities between the two. The "Absolutely not" is blatantly obvious. Not a direct copy, but he almost surely copy pasted your's and then began tweaking it all.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Called him out on it numerous times in the comments section under his article and each one was deleted. Not surprising, but it feels to me like it lends a little more credence to the idea as he didn't delete and was more than willing to respond to the people calling him a fucking moron.

...god...

Reaction score
it's funny how everyone called him a moron on the WZ section and how everyone was so against the idea of Taker losing but on your's everyone kinda agreed or at least wasn't as hostile in questioning your opinion.

Reaction score
Taker reaching 20-0: GOOD IDEA

Taker retiring undefeated: BAD IDEA

Taker losing the streak to Triple H: WORST POSSIBLE SCENARIO.

And yeah, looks a little too similar for coincidence.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Someone did this to me in a music forum. I did a write up on black metal and some phaggot copy and pasted it. Thing is, he didn't tweak anything, and my username was different in said music forum than it was from the other music forum I posted the blurb in (I had been banned from that music forum because I said 'high fucking five' so she found it offensive that I swore).

I linked him to my thread, he got made fun of, I felt good.

That kind of thing actually pisses me off. If I put a lot of time and effort into something, at least credit me for it instead of being an asshole, stealing my hard work, and then getting praised for something you didn't do.