I see a double cross coming

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pratchett

The Artiste
Reaction score
Maybe it's just a feeling, I don't know. But with the way that Randy Orton has been acting, I expect him to lose the belt to Big Show on the PPV.
When Orton was a great heel, he was more of a confident loner type. Sure he had some underlings (Legacy), but he thought nothing of turning on them and didn't really "need" them. Right now he is more of a whiny brat, kind of like what Big Show pointed out on Smackdown. He lacks confidence and is always looking for an easy way out.
The way I see it, HHH and Stephanie have no confidence in him, and are just stringing Orton along until they can replace him with the man they intend to use as the Face of the Company. That man being the Big Show, who I think is in on it. Which would mean that Show will turn heel and be the Corporate Champion that Randy could not.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
So who's gonna slam the giant at mania?

I haven't watched Smackdown yet but I see where you are coming from. Orton has been nothing but second fiddle since turning as well. He's been Trips stooge.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Trips will always dominate this story.If anything Trips gives himself a shot after Show wins and takes the belt.

Reactions: Leo C

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So Show was in on it as he was the "Corporate Champion" all along, and Randy wasn't in on it? Sounds good in theory, but making Randy Orton the top face would be a catastrophe.

Pratchett

The Artiste
Reaction score
So Show was in on it as he was the "Corporate Champion" all along, and Randy wasn't in on it? Sounds good in theory, but making Randy Orton the top face would be a catastrophe.
I don't see Orton as a face. I think he is best served playing the anti-hero role. Kind of like Clint Eastwood's Man with no Name character. A loner that is not no one's side but his own, but can still be cheered by the crowd as he sticks it to "the MAN" for his own selfish purposes.

the_hoff

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeahhh when Orton said that he didn't think he could beat The Big Show, or whatever along those lines, I was like realllllly? Way to make one of your top guys, who IS the champ mind you, look weak there. I don't recall the last time I've heard a champion go outright and say, "Oh I can't beat my opponent blah blah". Fail Vince

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm pretty sure that since they're saying Orton is on his own they'll swerve us and help Orton win anyway. But maybe they'll swerve the swerve and help Show win! Uh... I don't buy it. I think they'll help Orton, but it's a good theory.

Kio

Jobber
Reaction score
I kind of agree with the OP, I just have the feeling and maybe on Raw Randy Orton tells The Authority for his title back, and HHH get's furious and Shield attack Orton.

Reaction score
yeah agreed, whatever happens tonight, will be more in depth tomorrow on raw....they seem to use the first raw after PPV to explain everything...either way, I don't have high hopes for this PPV tonight.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm pretty sure that since they're saying Orton is on his own they'll swerve us and help Orton win anyway. But maybe they'll swerve the swerve and help Show win! Uh... I don't buy it. I think they'll help Orton, but it's a good theory.

For them to come out in no uncertain terms and say "We won't help you, you have to do this on your own" (doesn't make sense, but whatever) should mean that there's a clean finish. Promising a clean finish and then not giving you one is... *sigh* bad for business, especially with the last few PPV finishes pissing people off.

Guess they could swerve us and have them help Show.

Hey, look, we have a bunch of smart new members!

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
For them to come out in no uncertain terms and say "We won't help you, you have to do this on your own" (doesn't make sense, but whatever) should mean that there's a clean finish. Promising a clean finish and then not giving you one is... *sigh* bad for business, especially with the last few PPV finishes pissing people off.

Guess they could swerve us and have them help Show.

Hey, look, we have a bunch of smart new members!
Hm.