I knew Daniel Tosh Was a Lousy Comedian but This is Sickening

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Posted within 30 minutes of the death of Stephen Hawking. I knew this guy was a piss poor and unfunny comedian but never thought he was a low life asshole.

tosh is a jerk.jpg

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Posted within 30 minutes of the death of Stephen Hawking. I knew this guy was a piss poor and unfunny comedian but never thought he was a low life asshole.

View attachment 5013
200.gif

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I gotta be real here, if the attempt is humor, no matter how distasteful it is, no matter how hard it bombs, it shouldn't be the death of a comedian if what they say is horrible.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I gotta be real here, if the attempt is humor, no matter how distasteful it is, no matter how hard it bombs, it shouldn't be the death of a comedian if what they say is horrible.

What? how does that have anything to do with my post?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's not sickening or some horrible breach in morality on Tosh's part, just a shit joke.

It's insensitive to compare a man who just died 30 minutes later to a dog kept in an overhead apartment. So yeah,it is. Being the fact that this showed up under Hawking's name than any family member or Friend who checked his name out on Twitter would see this first and foremost due to the amount of traffic it got. So yeah, it is a sickening and horrible breach in morality on his part.

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
I disagree, it doesn't run that deep, when you're a comedian who will joke about anything, sometimes you just bypass the filters you naturally have to get the joke out. And it bombed. That's it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I disagree, it doesn't run that deep, when you're a comedian who will joke about anything, sometimes you just bypass the filters you naturally have to get the joke out. And it bombed. That's it.

Sorry, that doesn't defend it against being sickening. You are just confirming that actually. Just because a person is sickening, it doesn't disqualify their comedy from being so as well.

But we obviously don't agree on this so let's move on

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
He alone is responsible for what he says online. Some people handle death with humor. I don't know the dude personally nor have I ever found his taste in comedy funny but he has been known to "go there" with his comedy so this doesn't surprise me. On one hand, what he does is comedy (be it funny to us or not) and on the other hand, what he said can be taken very insensitive by a lot of people. It is our choice to give his words power and I choose not to. He is a nobody to me. His poor jab at trying to be funny doesn't take away what Hawking did so I am not offended by it.

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
I'm not confirming it at all. You saying it's sickening is an emotional reaction, a feeling. To me it's only sickening if it comes from a place of hate. I know what it's like to have an edgy joke bomb lmao, and it looks a lot like the shit Tosh stepped in.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
He alone is responsible for what he says online. Some people handle death with humor. I don't know the dude personally nor have I ever found his taste in comedy funny but he has been known to "go there" with his comedy so this doesn't surprise me. On one hand, what he does is comedy (be it funny to us or not) and on the other hand, what he said can be taken very insensitive by a lot of people. It is our choice to give his words power and I choose not to. He is a nobody to me. His poor jab at trying to be funny doesn't take away what Hawking did so I am not offended by it.

Yeah. And when one of Hawking's kids decides they need some comfort and would like to see some of the wonderful things said about their father and enter his name on Twitter, this was the first tweet that came up. That's why it is sickening and insensitive. That's why I comment on it. Instead of seeing the wonderful things people have said about their father, this came up because Daniel Tosh gets a lot of traffic and this was the most liked quote at that point in time.

So yeah, it's insensitive.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm not confirming it at all. You saying it's sickening is an emotional reaction, a feeling. To me it's only sickening if it comes from a place of hate. I know what it's like to have an edgy joke bomb lmao, and it looks a lot like the shit Tosh stepped in.

It's not actually an emotional feeling. I have zero affection for Stephen Hawking and I honestly have been more critical of him than anything. Don't presume to know what I am or I am not emotional about. I am making this completely as an ethical judgment and I find it distasteful.

I am gay and I was against the nasty comments people made about Fred Phelps when he died because I found it distasteful and I hate the man's guts.

Reactions: Death Walker

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah. And when one of Hawking's kids decides they need some comfort and would like to see some of the wonderful things said about their father and enter his name on Twitter, this was the first tweet that came up. That's why it is sickening and insensitive. That's why I comment on it. Instead of seeing the wonderful things people have said about their father, this came up because Daniel Tosh gets a lot of traffic and this was the most liked quote at that point in time.

So yeah, it's insensitive.

I don't think his kids will care about his opinion or the piss poor joke he made. He isn't anyone to take seriously, specially not what he tweets. They will be focusing on friends and family, not what people say on twitter of all places.