I have a request...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I have mentioned it before... But now would be perfect timing!
Should make a wwe games ONLY section. There are a ton of people that I know that would join just for a wwe2k section.
Seriously. It will be out next week, drive traffic to the forum, get new members to join, blah blah.

That horrible community over at caws.ws would lose a ton of good members to us!!! muahahahahah!!!!!!

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
lol, people still use Caws.ws?
I used that site since '07 - '09

Anyways, I guess we should.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Why? Bring the people over and get them to post in the gaming section when the content is there make a subsection sure. We have what 2 or 3 WWE threads in the gaming section which is being posted in currently (the league, who would you want and moves?)

Reactions: Crayo

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Ashley, I think we should sub-forum gaming with media as the section.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Bringing people over through the game will cause them to post elsewhere as well. I joined over another forum because this one looked better to me. Everyone has a preference and having a wwe games section, imo would be good for business.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I say give it a shot at least, can always delete it. Make the section and have sub pinned sections.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I say we just separate media and gaming.

The Highlight Reel (Media) > Gaming > Prefix WWE Games

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
My philosophy has always been that if it has enough content and daily activity, then the section is required. Otherwise, it's a no. Currently there isn't enough WWE 2K14 (or WWE games in general) content to warrant a section and not enough people post about it daily. I really do want us to branch into WWE games, but until we get that type of userbase, it's just not happening at the moment.

For those that want a WWE Games section, you'll need to start making sure there is enough daily WWE game content in the "Gaming & Media" section using the "WWE Games" thread prefix. Spread the word about the forum to WWE game fans and get them to come help you.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Seems like a needless subsection IMO, it's not like we're overwhelmed with either of those so why add another tier?
We have many gaming threads. (The first three pages have a total of 25)
It's easier to differentiate television, music and movies when it's away from gaming.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
"Only add a section if you're forced to" - Crayo

The more sections, the less pleasurable viewing experience for the user. I've seen many webmasters make the same mistake.

Yes, I am obnoxious enough to post my OWN quote here.

Reactions: catlady

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
We have many gaming threads. (The first three pages have a total of 25)
It's easier to differentiate television, music and movies when it's away from gaming.

The section has 550 threads, it's not worth adding a subsection in to split that up. Even if it's down the middle thats 225 threads many of which aren't active, it's an inactive section on the whole. Hell the first page has threads which haven't be posted in for the past 6 days. How is a subsection required for that?

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Sure... just break my heart and piss all over it. MONSTERS! :angry: :upset:

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
"Only add a section if you're forced to" - Crayo

The more sections, the less pleasurable viewing experience for the user. I've seen many webmasters make the same mistake.

Yes, I am obnoxious enough to post my OWN quote here.

2/10

1 for effort
1 for shaving
0 for originality

Reactions: Crayo

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The section has 550 threads, it's not worth adding a subsection in to split that up. Even if it's down the middle thats 225 threads many of which aren't active, it's an inactive section on the whole. Hell the first page has threads which haven't be posted in for the past 6 days. How is a subsection required for that?
All the threads aren't really meant to be discussed until the end of time. Some of them are a open and shut case.
Example: Walking Dead
It only airs on Sunday's, so the most activity that thread will get is on a Sunday or Monday.

Although, that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.