I dont like Kurt Angle's heel run

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I think that AJ Styles has been decent as a heel, Christian Cage is great as a heel, but Kurt Angle as a heel has not been working for me. When Angle first came to TNA, he was fucking awsome. He wasnt the goofy "lets have backstage segments for 8 hours with Karen Angle and then go cut a promo in a speedo" Angle, he was the badass who was focused on just one thing.....WRESTLING. It seems that ever since Angle turned heel he has become a comedy character, and I dont think it has been successful at all. Kurt should turn face, turn back to the focused badass Angle, and he should stop talking all the time and just wrestle, just like when he first came to TNA. Also, I know this isnt important, but I am so bored of the goddamned fire thing that he keeps wearing, I want him to go back to the red white and blue stuff :(

thoughts?

Great One

I agree, everytime I hear his lame ass rap music theme song it makes me sad... Although the speedo thing was HILARIOUS, but I think the reason for this is he plans on taking a huge break very soon possibly when he passes the title to Cage/Joe.

PeepShow

Yeah, he definetly needs to go back to that edgy tweener that he was when he first entered. It was a very good stage in his career if you ask me. It just makes him look better, not to mention that the rap music blows like G1 said.

Spity94

Reaction score
u guys just jealous cuz hes a gangsta now lol

yea he needs to go back to tweener status,the major heel thing isnt working out and is getting old

gashface

Reaction score
I agree I don't buy his typical heel champion role, and I totally don't buy karen angle as the slut who nobody can resist.

Switchy

Reaction score
Angle is ok as a heel or a face imo. I know everyone is saying TNA only cares about comedy at the moment and Angle is one of the key factors to that but I don't really like him as the serious wrestling machine type gimmick because it's always the same stuff with that gimmick but with the heel Angle the promo's have a different purpose each time and although the purpose isn't always appropriate it still brings a few laughs outta me from time to time.

gcwflairchop

Reaction score
With all due respect, I have totally bought Angles' heel run.

I think adding his wife to the mix really put him over as a heel, and even though I am more "oldschool" minded when it comes to wrestling, I have found the comedy skits TNA has been pushing to be somewhat amusing ... especially the whole "Thanksgiving dinner at the Angle's" episode.

What TNA needs to keep in mind though, is that people will eventually get tired of the humor, and start to be critical of the 5 minute matches that seem to have become the standard recently.

That last PPV was an utter dissaster!

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

angle heel run = pointless stupid skits = bad. nuff said

phantomgerald

He should dump the whore wife. She's just made him stupid. Before that, he was the hardcore wrestler who just wants to wrestle, and that's cool until his wife got into the fray.

gashface

Reaction score
I agree, I actually feel like turning the tv off at times when Angle comes on. His heel character has turned tna into bad comedy, bad bad bad. Lose the title, take some time out, lose Karen, lose the lame gimmicks!

Playmaker

Reaction score
I think his reign is fine but I liked him better as annoying heel and you suck chants