I assume you've seen this

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
[YT]jimZ1tSdPY0[/YT]

Trying not to be biased but I just can't understand how Chara got nothing for that hit. Again, trying not to be biased but that was as dirty as dirty gets.

For those of you who don't know, Pacioretty ended up with a fractured vertebrae and a severe concussion off that hit.

Apparently now though the Montreal police are investigating the hit, I guess as a potential assault case? To see if charges are warranted. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey...3/11/police_open_investigation_of_charas_hit/

Air Canada is also threatening to pull their sponsorships from the NHL if they don't take drastic action to reduce head shots like what Chara pulled. http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2011/03/09/17559146.html

I'm not so big on the police investigation but the fact that the NHL did nothing about that hit is baffling.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Pretty much tells the story.

183087_10150443041950354_658460353_17689980_7721580_n.jpg

Reaction score
I agree. Not a big fan of the police investigation, although it does need be more prevelant in hockey. The fact that Chara got NOTHING is a joke! He damn near killed the guy, or at least could have. I understand the hockey analysts are claiming it was a clean check, and just misfortune that it was in that area of the rink, against the bench, but give me a freakin break! Pacioretty lost his career most likely, and you can't make Chara miss at least 10 games!?! Part of the reason hockey will never be taken seriously in the United States. Look at how the NFL has been policing shots to the head the last several years. Take a hint NHL! We get you like to promote the violence cause it attracts the idiots that want to see someone bust someone's nose in, but the actual hockey fans just want to see the game. Not this bullshit!

Montana

Reaction score
I'm no expert in the rules of hockey, but that looks like a legal check to me. The way the boards/glass were structured is what really caused the damage. Dickhead play...yes. but if that was in the glass, i'd imagine i'd just be considered a hard hit. I thought most every teams had glass in front of their benches.

I know in soccer they have a call, titled "dangerous play" not sure what the equal to that would be in hockey. I could see this falling under that category.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm no expert in the rules of hockey, but that looks like a legal check to me. The way the boards/glass were structured is what really caused the damage. Dickhead play...yes. but if that was in the glass, i'd imagine i'd just be considered a hard hit. I thought most every teams had glass in front of their benches.

I know in soccer they have a call, titled "dangerous play" not sure what the equal to that would be in hockey. I could see this falling under that category.

Chara was served up a major penalty for interference as Pacioretty was nowhere near the puck when he hit him and also given a game misconduct. On top of that, it looked to me like he was deliberately head hunting too.

Also, this just indicates how ridiculous it is that Chara gets nothing.

Originally Posted by AP
TORONTO (AP)—The NHL has suspended Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Pavel Kubina(notes) for three games for delivering an elbow to the head of Chicago’s Dave Bolland(notes).
Kubina also was fined $60,096.76, a total based on his average annual salary.

The elbowing incident occurred 2:09 into Wednesday night’s game in Tampa. The Lightning won 4-3 in overtime.
Kubina is eligible to return March 17 against Montreal. He will miss games against Ottawa, Florida and Toronto.

[YT]rGLoXMmwzBU[/YT]

Absolute insanity.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I don't believe Chara meant to injure Max but he did try and shove him out of the way to make a play. Now you can freeze frame the scene and it'll look gruesome but that doesn't make me think Chara was purposely aiming Max' head for the partition. That's ridiculous. What's ridiculous is the NHL's lack of disciplining players when it comes to head injuries.

That blowjob incident got 2 games, Avery calling Elisha Cuthbert got 6 games, Chara gets nothing? If Roger Goodell was the commish of the NHL, he'd handle shit!

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
There is a "recklessness" and "carelessness" suspension in the NHL, and they've utilized it many times. Last season, Ovechkin received a 2-game suspension on a VERY QUESTIONABLE call, but due to the reckless nature of the RESULT of the play, Ovechkin was suspended.

Circumstances in this game really leave this one open to interpretation as far as intent or anything like that is concerned. But to be honest, while I may not intend to kill someone by shooting them, I know that there is always that risk of my not aiming properly and hitting them fatally. I can argue I didn't intend it all I want, no matter how true it is, but in the end, the result is all that matters.

Yes, glass may have prevented the severity of the injury, but could he have still been injured? No doubt about it! You see he clearly put his hand to his face... that alone is a violation of the safety rules and should have resulted in at least a severe fine. But then you consider the play itself and where the puck ended up and how late the check was... whether he intended to use the turnbuckle or not... it was used, and used violently. A man's career and well-being are in jeopardy. The least the NHL can do on their part is issue at least a 2-game suspension which a shot Ovechkin delivered that didn't warrant the damage this one has, was given.

It's disgusting, and the thing that needs to be made most clear is that accident doesn't excuse or permit incident. There are headshots in the NFL which no person on this Earth can deem as anything other than accidental, but players must suffer the fines and/or suspensions dished out for putting another person's health and life in danger. I don't look at Chara as a horrible person, he's not generally involved in many incidents and he's a team captain and generally represents the league well... but that doesn't excuse him from what is clearly a headshot which led to disturbing injury.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't believe Chara meant to injure Max but he did try and shove him out of the way to make a play. Now you can freeze frame the scene and it'll look gruesome but that doesn't make me think Chara was purposely aiming Max' head for the partition. That's ridiculous. What's ridiculous is the NHL's lack of disciplining players when it comes to head injuries.

That blowjob incident got 2 games, Avery calling Elisha Cuthbert got 6 games, Chara gets nothing? If Roger Goodell was the commish of the NHL, he'd handle shit!

There was some business between Pacioretty and Chara from one of their last games this season. Pretty sure this was revenge for that.

fuzzy

Reaction score
chara is the biggest target when the two teams meet again... he's a big guy sure, but that don't stop payback. My guess is, the Canadains' coach has already put a bounty on chara.....
put on your 3D glasses, cause it's gonna be a blood here blood there.... blood everywhere!

This just adds a huge flame to the already lit fule that these two teams have between them.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
There is nobody big enough or rough enough on the Habs to really take revenge.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
There won't be any revenge. The NHL can't let a hard, revengeful hit occur in that game solely because of the reaction to this incident from the fans and sportscasters.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
While you are right, the next time the Habs and Bruins play the rivalry is seriously going to be at a boiling point that it hasn't been at in years. That'll be on the 22nd of this month fyi, so it's not far enough away for tensions to really calm down. I think they are more likely to be building given how close the game is.

It's going to be nasty.

fuzzy

Reaction score
They might nit have big men on the team, but fights will break out. even though the game will be closely watched by officals.