I am a nugget

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MooseNugget

Reaction score
Hello. I'm Josh from Alaska. Huge wrestling fan. I like to watch TNA, ROH and CHIKARA. I been a fan for about six years now. Someone gave me a link to this site on a Facebook group.

nation

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice to see a new member and someone who isn't a big WWE fanboy(WWE sucks so hard now). Who are your favorite wrestlers?

MooseNugget

Reaction score
There's a lot of guys I like. It's hard to pick a favorite but I guess I would have to go with Michael Elgin.

...god...

Reaction score
Musta been MizMasta. Cool, nice to see you here.

Rell

Reaction score
CHIKARA? what in the hell is that, a Mexican dish?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Hey, Josh. ;D Ever watch Japanese wrestling? It's my favorite kind, and I know guys from BJW or random people like Dick Togo or Manami Toyota show up every once in awhile in CHIKARA.

MooseNugget

Reaction score
From the people I watch on YouTube it seems like the older big promtions like New Japan and NOHA are not as good or hot as they were a few years ago. But they say Dragon Gate has been making the best TV show. I have slow internet so I try to get wrestling shows on DVD over seeing them on the internet. The only thing I miss about ROH being on GFL is... well bring able to see their IPPVs online. If you know a site I can get my hand on some DVDs that would be great.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
NOAH had a lot of trouble with the yakuza scandal earlier in the year, and they were just getting over Misawa's death. New Japan's been shaky for awhile but they're on the upswing in terms of popularity, they've had really awesome houses recently.

Youtube's an awesome place to enjoy Japan's wrestling from, simply because for NJPW, NOAH, AJPW, Dragon Gate & Zero-1's big wrestlers a lot gets posted, much of it's officially. It's easier sometimes to try to follow it by wrestlers themselves than promotions, unless you speak Japanese, haha.

As far as dvds, ivp videos has a lot of content and it's on the cheap too. They have a best of Curt Hennig in Japan DVD for a penny for instance. >_> I'd check it out if you're looking for Japanese wrestling DVDs.

Rell

Reaction score
ahh, I miss the days of watching Dragon Gate. Genki Horiguchi, Dragon Kid, CIMA, BxB Hulk, Masato Yoshino, etc.

I feel so outdated now as far as Puro/Indy wrestling goes. I've pretty much sold the fuck out. Haven't followed neither Indy nor Puro wrestling closely sine like 2009. I may watch a match here and there, but yeah. I know, I'm a disgusting human being :eek:: It's pretty dope to know that there's still a few of you out there, though. I remember when HTK was predominantly a TNA fan...shit seems long ago.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, I liked TNA and WWE about equally at that time, it's just me going into WWE territory turned into the inevitable...arguing with people about Triple H being dickhead, or arguing with Airfixx about whether Shelton should be the WWE champion. :lmmmao: Lucas & Chess frequented TNA section more so I felt better doing that. After I got into Puro, I pretty much immediately thought it was way better and was like "screw that gay WWE crap".

Anyway, it's worth watching in general, even now, and i'd love to see more people get into it. Generally the IWC trends towards indys, but meh. Now's a great time to get into it though, NJPW just had the Battle of the Super Juniors and it's all on youtube, which is awesome. :eek::
Also all those guys you mentioned are still on top of DG, especially since PAC signed to WWE. BxB Hulk's just a heel, semi-drunken emo-vampire guy than a dancer now. >_>