Hulk Hogan gives update on biopic, more in interview with Chris Van Vilet

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mjaxmdeynzu0mtc2mjg4mtq1.webp

Hulk Hogan says there's been a "business glitch" with Netflix's planned biopic of him starring Chris Hemsworth.

The project was first announced in 2019 with Hemsworth set to play Hogan, Todd Phillips to direct, and Bradley Cooper attached as a producer. However, according to comments Hogan made during a recent interview with Chris Van Vliet, Netflix no longer has the rights to the project after the company "missed the date."

Hogan still hopes for the film to be made and for Hemsworth and Phillips to be involved.

Hogan said:

Yes, I do [have an update]. So it was a situation where business-wise, Netflix kind of like missed the date, you know, as far as a business situation. And so I had the choice at that time to switch gears. Scott Silver wrote the script, you know, he wrote The Joker and a bunch of different movies. And of course, Todd Phillips has done The Joker, Wolf of Wall Street and you know, whatever. All the crazy stuff that he did. But yeah, the script came back. It was amazing. I mean, because my favorite movies are like Scarface, The Godfather, True Romance, it was there, it was there. And I just thought, Whoa, but all of a sudden there was a business glitch, you know, and then they tried to fix it a few days later. And I'd already decided to move on. So, my life rights and stuff are somewhere else now. And there are a lot of things that are getting ready to happen. And hopefully, Todd Phillips and Chris Hemsworth will still want to play. But there's still a huge opportunity there.

The project was likely impacted by the Writers Guild of America strike that lasted from May 2 to September 27 as well as the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike.

Hogan also clarified previous comments regarding his potential involvement in WrestleMania 39. In May, Hogan told Ariel Helwani that Shane McMahon contacted him about a possible match on the show. Hogan told Van Vliet that the idea of Hogan's son Nick wrestling McMahon was pitched as well.

Shane sent me a picture of him standing in front of my stuff, he goes, 'Hey, old timer, you got one left in you? I went, 'Okay what are you thinking?' He goes, 'Well, I didn't know if you had one left in you or maybe a surrogate such as Nick,' my son. And so we started talking you know and I said the only way I could do anything was if I was in the middle of the ring and you just came to me because I can't run, I can't hit the ropes, have a hard time really walking distances.
Nick was in Rikishi's school for a couple years and he was in there with Rusev and all those guys and I would go out in California and watch him. And Nick had it figured out, then he blew both his shoulders out.
I said, 'Well you know, I don't know there's a possibility maybe to do something whatever the storyline is whether Nick is a heel and you destroyed my father's career so I'm going to destroy your personal life or I don't know there there's a million ways.' Shane I talked about there's a million ways to do it but then a couple weeks later Shane got hurt or something.
Hogan continued to say he never heard back from Shane about the idea.

The full interview can be viewed below.

Last edited:

Spider Matthau

Eighth-Legged Wonder Of The World
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
He could contact Troma for all I care, I wanna see that movie with my buds so bad.