"huge WWE name" is considering joining TNA (I didnt make it up this time)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

^hahaha those were classic!

I don't see JR leaving until he's dead (sorry to sound mean but it's true). He's dedicated SO much to the business... he has so many friends and family, and he is pretty much recognizable all over the world as a WWE announcher.... why would he leave for a lower class corporation?

noumenon

And that's the bottom liiiiiine cause Jim Ross..said so! Awesome stuff

Damn...what the hell happened to wrestling....

Wordlife

^Vince McMahon got old and said "Hey.... fuck it, let em do what they want!"

noumenon

Seriously...that little segment between ANNOUNCERS!!!! beats most things that have been on RAW in the past few months.

Great One

Tell me how JR circa 1998 is different from JR now?
Lmao, are you kidding? If this was 1998, after Punk attacked Jeff from behind after his goodbye speech JR would be saying, "THAT NO GOOD WORTHLESS SON OF A BITCH, WHAT KIND OF HUMAN BEING WOULD ORCHESTRATE AN ACT LIKE THAT!!"

gashface

Reaction score
Jr has changed a lot in his commentating style, though I think he's moreso changed since he was removed from Raw and commentating with Jerry Lawler, although some of his best commentary was next to Paul Heyman.

I do not feel Jr commentating on TNA would be a good thing, it's far too WWE, Tazz and Jr, the only way I would like to see it work would be to have three commentators, Tenay, Tazz and Jr. Otherwise only bring him in as a backstage influence, perhaps to work with his buddy Cornette.

Imo though I personally think Jr will remain with WWE, though they have treated him rather badly with taking the piss out of him. But I just can't see him leaving for TNA, he'll retire if anything.

Kaedon

Reaction score
So the only clear example his him saying "SONOFABITCH", that's not that huge of a difference.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I think the example orchestrates more about the fact that JR was a helluva lot more passionate back in the day. Nowadays he barely sounds interested in whats going on at all.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I don't hear that at all. I think he may have mad more energy back then, but he's getting older now. It's hard enough to be an old announcer (ask John Madden) let alone one with Bells Palsy.

Airfixx

^ lol

WWE obviously doesn't appreciate JR (which is why he's on the B show with Todd Grisham)

Nothing to do with training Grisham and bringing through the new blood in the booth then? :roll:

btw, that "B show" has, hands down been the best wrestling show on TV for the last 6 months!

Great One

I think the example orchestrates more about the fact that JR was a helluva lot more passionate back in the day. Nowadays he barely sounds interested in whats going on at all.
Thank you.

The point was obviously that he use to exert much more noticeable emotion and passion in his announcing. Nowadays it seems like he doesn't care or doesn't want to be there.

Double J

Reaction score
Nothing to do with training Grisham and bringing through the new blood in the booth then? :roll:

btw, that "B show" has, hands down been the best wrestling show on TV for the last 6 months!

He's on Smackdown because he made the comment one to many times that Vince wouldn't move him off Raw/split him and Lawler up. Vince thought it'd be funny so he had JR drafted to Smackdown spur of the moment, nether JR nor Lawler knew about it hence why both seemed confussed and pissed.

And this is straight from JR's blog.
On going to TNA Wrestling: It's just more gossip. I am of the mindset that I will end my career in WWE.

Most likely JR just started the rumors to light a fire under WWE since his contract is coming up.

Airfixx

He's on Smackdown because he made the comment one to many times that Vince wouldn't move him off Raw/split him and Lawler up. Vince thought it'd be funny so he had JR drafted to Smackdown spur of the moment, nether JR nor Lawler knew about it hence why both seemed confussed and pissed.

Did you just make that up on the spot?

For the best part none of the guys know if they're being drafted, THAT's why he (and, generally, they) looked surprised.