Huge Update On Sting's WWE Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
According to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, former WCW Champion Sting is set to appear at WWE Summerslam. This comes on the heels of news that The Undertaker is set to return as well.

Meltzer said that Sting's return has been a plan for a while, and isn't due to the ratings dropping. In addition to this, it was noted that it won't be a surprise appearance at the event, and that it'll be built up over several weeks. Apparently WWE had a plan set for Sting's return, but those plans changed due to an undisclosed injury to one of the parties involved, and a new plan was made.

Sting was last seen at WrestleMania, when he made his WWE in-ring debut in a losing effort against Triple H. It is now expected that he'll also be participating in next year's WrestleMania.

You can listen to the full episode at F4WOnline by clicking here (subscription required).

Source

So, with rumors of Taker returning as soon as next week (on RAW), they might end up doing Sting vs Taker at SummerSlam.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
As long as they leave the fans happy and nothing gruesome happens, I will be excited.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I doubt this will
Happen, but if we get sting vs taker at summerslam that would be fucking cool.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think it would be good at least. I really didn't think triple h and sting would be that good but look at how it turned out.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Undertaker vs Sting at Summerslam would be fine I guess, if that's what they go with. Both of them have expressed an interest in working with one another but McMahon is reportedly down on the idea of the match happening at Wrestlemania, so it makes sense to book it for Summerslam instead (I think Survivor Series would have been ideal too, since now it can be said that both Undertaker and Sting officially made their debut there and it's be cool to see Taker work Survivor Series one last time before he hangs them up, but I digress.)

I still won't care much for it, but the spectacle of it will at least prevent from being boring... Assuming Undertaker is who Sting is even facing, of course.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Taker vs Bray and Sting vs Who gives a shit.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
gold jacket, green jacket....who gives a shit.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Wait, didn't I call Sting vs Taker and got shat on for it weeks ago?

Pratchett

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well, if one or both show up at Battleground, if neither interfere with the main match I am OK with them facing each other at SS.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Wait, didn't I call Sting vs Taker and got shat on for it weeks ago?

No, not from me anyway.

I do recall shitting on you for thinking that Undertaker vs Wyatt could happen again at Summerslam, though. :4/10: