Huge Update On Possible Matches & Changes To WrestleMania XXX Lineup!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Ah okay, then let me try to shit all over it right after I find it. The cuddling is off by the way, though the cheap shots and bitching are still on.
Secondly, him going over Orton multiple times on RAW has absolutely zero impact on a Wrestlemania triple-threat match -- that point is completely redundant.

Yet it does. Part of the story between Orton and Daniel Bryan (at least after the whole screwjob angle started) was that Orton could not beat Daniel Bryan and would either cheaply win or get out of the match before Daniel Bryan could beat him. Daniel Bryan finally cleanly beat him on RAW during the Elimination Chamber gauntlet. Sure it isn't all that important, but it just takes away the little luster that this match had left, to finally pin Randy Orton again after being screwed out of his matches for months.

Bryan going up against HHH is a match that can happen in the future with Bryan as the champion.

But why should it? If Daniel Bryan finally wins the World Title at Wrestlemania, what's stopping Triple H from screwing him out of the title once again and continuing this storyline? It needs closure, not a continuation. The title can come after.

The feud can be HHH not trusting his baby Orton and needing to get the title back to the Authority himself.

And now for my cheapshot:
d210acd0187993744fae93900ca61d28.jpg

This feud needs to end, fast. It doesn't need any more continuation, it's just about dead as can be seen by the lack of creative material they have for it. It needs to end at this Wresltemania, not the next.

Right now however, every fan wants to see the pay-off from HHH screwing Bryan OUT OF THE TITLE. It's not the fact that HHH screwed Bryan that was so big, it was the fact he screwed him after his biggest win of his entire career that won the biggest title in the company.

So the pay-off to HHH screwing Daniel Bryan out of the biggest win of his career is not to finally have Daniel Bryan beat Triple H and force him to respect Daniel Bryan leading to no more screwjobs, but to have Daniel Bryan win the World Title again for Triple H to then inevitably screw him out of it again?

He's proven he can win it, he hasn't proven (at least to "The Authority") he deserves to win it. That is the story that's been told, the World Title in the end is really just a prop that's been used to tell the story of how The Authority hates Daniel Bryan.

Bryan has already gone over Cena cleanly for the title at Summerslam, and nothing is going to compete against that in terms of title matches, unless he wins it BACK at WRESTLEMANIA.

I can assure you him finally winning the title back against Orton and Batista won't be able to compete with him winning it against Cena, regardless if it's at Wrestlemania or not. Orton and Batista being in the match will just tarnish the legacy of it.

The fans already don't give a fuck about Batista vs Orton, so it's logical to put Bryan into that feud both kayfabe and away from kayfabe to make the title match as prestigious as it should be.

How is it anymore logical adding Daniel Bryan to a match that includes two wrestlers that nobody cares about just because it involves the World Title? It'll just tarnish Daniel Bryan's title win, objectively in my opinion.

I'd put Batista/Orton in the middle of the card, where it belongs. That way the crowd could shit on it all they want and continue the show happy with matches like Wyatt/Cena, Lesnar/'Taker, Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose (at least I hope), and of course Bryan/HHH. The match being down lower on the card for one night won't lower its prestige. The Rock, CM Punk and John Cena have brought its value up quite a bit, as can be seen by how many people want Daniel Bryan to win the World Title in the first place.

I guess you could book Bryan/HHH earlier in the match with the stipulation of if Bryan wins he gets put into the world title match, though I'd much prefer the former.

Hell, the fans don't give a shit about HHH at this point; they just want to see Bryan win the title back. Bryan needs to win that match to get the pay-off every fan has wanted for a long long time, and that is FAR bigger than a match against HHH.

But it isn't a pay-off, considering the storyline will continue on how it was; a massive unorganized clusterfuck with screwjobs out the ass.

The pay-off to Daniel Bryan being screwed out of the title because Triple H doesn't respect him is Daniel Bryan finally beating Triple H and commanding him to respect him. It's a shocker, I know.

And to the fans not caring about a match between Daniel Bryan and Triple H; six weeks of build with the explanation of why Daniel Bryan wants the match will fix that. Well, at least if they are competent enough to do it (which sadly I highly doubt).

Bryan winning the title needs to be a massive thing since he has been screwed many times, and it needs to happen on the grandest stage of them all, else it fails in comparison to his Summerslam win against Cena.

It'll fail in comparison regardless, especially a match with Batista and Randy Orton. I'd personally have the title win at the RAW after Wrestlemania to make it as rememberable as possible, though. I'm not going to lie, I want this storyline done as soon as possible.

jesus christ, did I really just put that much effort into a forum post?

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Ah okay, then let me try to shit all over it right after I find it. The cuddling is off by the way, though the cheap shots and bitching are still on.

Yet it does. Part of the story between Orton and Daniel Bryan (at least after the whole screwjob angle started) was that Orton could not beat Daniel Bryan and would either cheaply win or get out of the match before Daniel Bryan could beat him. Daniel Bryan finally cleanly beat him on RAW during the Elimination Chamber gauntlet. Sure it isn't all that important, but it just takes away the little luster that this match had left, to finally pin Randy Orton again after being screwed out of his matches for months.

But why should it? If Daniel Bryan finally wins the World Title at Wrestlemania, what's stopping Triple H from screwing him out of the title once again and continuing this storyline? It needs closure, not a continuation. The title can come after.

And now for my cheapshot:
d210acd0187993744fae93900ca61d28.jpg

This feud needs to end, fast. It doesn't need any more continuation, it's just about dead as can be seen by the lack of creative material they have for it. It needs to end at this Wresltemania, not the next.

So the pay-off to HHH screwing Daniel Bryan out of the biggest win of his career is not to finally have Daniel Bryan beat Triple H and force him to respect Daniel Bryan leading to no more screwjobs, but to have Daniel Bryan win the World Title again for Triple H to then inevitably screw him out of it again?

He's proven he can win it, he hasn't proven (at least to "The Authority") he deserves to win it. That is the story that's been told, the World Title in the end is really just a prop that's been used to tell the story of how The Authority hates Daniel Bryan.

I can assure you him finally winning the title back against Orton and Batista won't be able to compete with him winning it against Cena, regardless if it's at Wrestlemania or not. Orton and Batista being in the match will just tarnish the legacy of it.

How is it anymore logical adding Daniel Bryan to a match that includes two wrestlers that nobody cares about just because it involves the World Title? It'll just tarnish Daniel Bryan's title win, objectively in my opinion.

I'd put Batista/Orton in the middle of the card, where it belongs. That way the crowd could shit on it all they want and continue the show happy with matches like Wyatt/Cena, Lesnar/'Taker, Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose (at least I hope), and of course Bryan/HHH. The match being down lower on the card for one night won't lower its prestige. The Rock, CM Punk and John Cena have brought its value up quite a bit, as can be seen by how many people want Daniel Bryan to win the World Title in the first place.

I guess you could book Bryan/HHH earlier in the match with the stipulation of if Bryan wins he gets put into the world title match, though I'd much prefer the former.

But it isn't a pay-off, considering the storyline will continue on how it was; a massive unorganized clusterfuck with screwjobs out the ass.

The pay-off to Daniel Bryan being screwed out of the title because Triple H doesn't respect him is Daniel Bryan finally beating Triple H and commanding him to respect him. It's a shocker, I know.

And to the fans not caring about a match between Daniel Bryan and Triple H; six weeks of build with the explanation of why Daniel Bryan wants the match will fix that. Well, at least if they are competent enough to do it (which sadly I highly doubt).

It'll fail in comparison regardless, especially a match with Batista and Randy Orton. I'd personally have the title win at the RAW after Wrestlemania to make it as rememberable as possible, though. I'm not going to lie, I want this storyline done as soon as possible.

jesus christ, did I really just put that much effort into a forum post?

Nice effort. I may disagree with it, but I can't fault the amount of investment into it.

wk

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Your opinion is wrong, but explain why you disagree with it anyway.

I am simply of the opinion that the ultimate for Bryan is winning the WWE Championship at this point. That's mainly because Bryan is not a multiple-time WWE Champion (I know, technically he's won the title twice, but his reigns were six minutes and a day). If he had ever had a real WWE Championship run (and, no, I don't consider his WHC reigns as part of this conversation), then him winning this storyline by beating HHH would work. But, since he's not, he needs the title.

If he captured the title at Mania and beat the Authority at a later time, it would simply make more sense to me.

wk

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I am simply of the opinion that the ultimate for Bryan is winning the WWE Championship at this point. That's mainly because Bryan is not a multiple-time WWE Champion (I know, technically he's won the title twice, but his reigns were six minutes and a day). If he had ever had a real WWE Championship run (and, no, I don't consider his WHC reigns as part of this conversation), then him winning this storyline by beating HHH would work. But, since he's not, he needs the title.

If he captured the title at Mania and beat the Authority at a later time, it would simply make more sense to me.

wk

I understand winning the title at Wrestlemania is a big thing, but this whole Authority/Bryan storyline needs to end. Daniel Bryan wins the World Title at Wrestlemania, and then continues to get screwed out of the title over and over again until most likely Summerslam where he finally beats Triple H and wins his respect, most likely at this point without the championship because it was screwed from him. In the end winning the title at Wrestlemania will mean absolutely nothing. Do you see what I mean?

lj

Evolution1

Jobber
Reaction score
Should have never had the Shield and Wyatt's wrestle at the Chamber. Shoulda been a Mania match.