Huge Update On Possible Matches & Changes To WrestleMania XXX Lineup!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
According to reports, WWE is strongly considering the possibility of adding a third person to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship main event at WrestleMania XXX between Randy Orton and Batista. The latest internal lineup in the company reads, “Batista vs. Orton vs. ?”

Other WrestleMania XXX matches that have been discussed internally, but not yet decided on, include Big E. vs. Dean Ambrose in a match to unify the WWE United States and WWE Intercontinental Championships, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan vs. Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins, Sheamus vs. Christian, Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes and a match pitting two NXT wrestlers against each other in a match on the main card.

Source: http://www.sescoops.com/huge-update-possible-matches-changes-wrestlemania-xxx-lineup/
:hmm: ? I wonder who that could be the 3 guy put into this match? I can't put my finger on it? It coming to me I know it is just give me a minute or 2?​

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayo

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Sounds pretty meh.

Reactions: Swift

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Wonder who the two NXT wrestlers are :hmm: Seems interesting that they would put a feud from development into the main card of Wrestlemania.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Adrian and Bo seems like a good match, maybe another Ladder or TLC match

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
Anything with Bo Dallas. This sounds eh...... Dean Ambrose better win if he faces Big E..... I am already losing interest with Big E as it is.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I can only guess it's Adrian & Bo for the rematch maybe.

But fuck man I want Corey Graves up in the main scene so bad, his stay down grunge bad ass punk gimmick is hardcore definitely a good fit for modern day wrestling fans imo

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This report sounds like it's 6 weeks old.

- Shield triple threat is obvious at this point
- Harper & Rowan won't have a match if it's Bray v Cena
- We've seen Sheamus v Christian how many times in the last few weeks?!
- Goldust and Cody have barely been getting on TV. Swagger v Cesaro looks more likely and they can't do both matches

Reactions: @bigwwecritic

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Other than Cesaro/Swagger, I seriously doubt we're getting any of those matches. A unification of the IS and US Titles makes sense, I guess, but not with Ambrose still as champion considering they're teasing a Shield breakup and/or a rivalry between Reigns and Ambrose. Harper/Rowan versus Reigns/Rollins is such an underwhelming match after we've already seen the two stables in their entirety go at it. Cody and Goldust aren't splitting anytime soon, and they along with Sheamus and Christian will likely end up in some obligatory ten/twelve man tag team match. They often book one of those things just as a way of getting as many people on the card as possible, and there was a rumor a couple of months ago of doing a huge "Team Alpha vs Team Bravo" tag team match that would pit teams of either five or six men against each other.

And what's the status of AJ with the company? Don't think I've seen her since Punk walked out. But she's the longest reigning Diva's Champion ever, so it would make sense to have her reign finally come to an end by dropping it to someone at Wrestlemania.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hunter v Bryan will be match of the night. And beating Hunter at WrestleMania is twice as big as going over those two fuckheads for Bryan.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Other than Cesaro/Swagger, I seriously doubt we're getting any of those matches. A unification of the IS and US Titles makes sense, I guess, but not with Ambrose still as champion considering they're teasing a Shield breakup and/or a rivalry between Reigns and Ambrose. Harper/Rowan versus Reigns/Rollins is such an underwhelming match after we've already seen the two stables in their entirety go at it. Cody and Goldust aren't splitting anytime soon, and they along with Sheamus and Christian will likely end up in some obligatory ten/twelve man tag team match. They often book one of those things just as a way of getting as many people on the card as possible, and there was a rumor a couple of months ago of doing a huge "Team Alpha vs Team Bravo" tag team match that would pit teams of either five or six men against each other.

And what's the status of AJ with the company? Don't think I've seen her since Punk walked out. But she's the longest reigning Diva's Champion ever, so it would make sense to have her reign finally come to an end by dropping it to someone at Wrestlemania.

Sheamus and Christian will face each other one on one.. they've put too much into that feud already to just put them into a tag match... I agree with you about the Shield and Wyatts stuff... I have a feeling they are rethinking the card because Cena's injury might be keeping him out of WM30.. if that's the case it will be The Wyatts vs The Shield again with a stipulation that the loser must disband, which of course means the Shield breakup. Of course there will be some sort of huge tag match... most likely with Ryback and Curtis Axel, The Rhodes Brothers, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Damien Sandow, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Mark Henry, Alberto Del Rio and a bunch of others that don't make it into any other matches. I think there will be a triple threat for the IC title... Big E vs Jack Swagger vs Cesaro... I think Cesaro will win that. I've said this in another post on the forum, but I think that Bryan will face HHH first match of WM30 and the stipulation will be that Bryan gets put into the main event if he wins... he beats HHH and it's Batista vs Orton vs Bryan for the title and Bryan wins.. so he beats HHH and wins the title all in the same night.

AJ defended her title at EC vs Cameron and defended it again vs Cameron on Smackdown last night so she's still active... I think she will start feuding with Tamina soon and will drop the belt to her at WM30. It was already hinted that it will happen when at EC Tamina accidentally kicked AJ and almost made her lose the belt.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
According to reports, WWE is strongly considering the possibility of adding a third person to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship main event at WrestleMania XXX between Randy Orton and Batista. The latest internal lineup in the company reads, “Batista vs. Orton vs. Batista vs ?” = Could Be Good if Bryan Wins, That would make the magic moment like with Benoit and Eddie.
Big E. vs. Dean Ambrose = RAW Match
Luke Harper and Erick Rowan vs. Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins, = RAW Match
Sheamus vs. Christian, = Main Event on Ion TV match
Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes = It could be good if ones a heel
two NXT wrestlers = Ladder or TLC will serve it good
Taker vs Brock Lesnar = Easily Match of the night.

WrestleMania XX
Cena v Big Show = ok
Cruiser-weight = WTF
Bork vs Gork = Worst Mania Match
Taker vs Kane = Ok
Eddie vs Kurt = Good
Rock n Sock vs Evolution = WTF
Benoit v HHH v HBK = Great

WWE Doesn't know how to put on anniversary shows​

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Sheamus and Christian will face each other one on one.. they've put too much into that feud already to just put them into a tag match... I agree with you about the Shield and Wyatts stuff... I have a feeling they are rethinking the card because Cena's injury might be keeping him out of WM30.. if that's the case it will be The Wyatts vs The Shield again with a stipulation that the loser must disband, which of course means the Shield breakup. Of course there will be some sort of huge tag match... most likely with Ryback and Curtis Axel, The Rhodes Brothers, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Damien Sandow, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Mark Henry, Alberto Del Rio and a bunch of others that don't make it into any other matches. I think there will be a triple threat for the IC title... Big E vs Jack Swagger vs Cesaro... I think Cesaro will win that. I've said this in another post on the forum, but I think that Bryan will face HHH first match of WM30 and the stipulation will be that Bryan gets put into the main event if he wins... he beats HHH and it's Batista vs Orton vs Bryan for the title and Bryan wins.. so he beats HHH and wins the title all in the same night.

AJ defended her title at EC vs Cameron and defended it again vs Cameron on Smackdown last night so she's still active... I think she will start feuding with Tamina soon and will drop the belt to her at WM30. It was already hinted that it will happen when at EC Tamina accidentally kicked AJ and almost made her lose the belt.

-I think the Cena injury was pretty much confirmed as not being real or serious. That's why they're having The Shield and the Wyatts square off against one another again on Raw this Monday instead of saving it for Wrestlemania.

-These large tag team matches often have one or two individual feuds contained within them, so the fact that there's a rivalry brewing between Sheamus and Christian lately doesn't automatically indicate that they'll have a singles match. They've already faced off recently and will likely do so again sometime before Mania, which makes seeing another singles match between them there a lot less special. Same will likely go for Titus and Darren, who I expect to be part of the opposing teams as well.

-I agree that Cesaro and Swagger's rivalry could end up part of a triple threat IC Championship match with Big E caught in the middle (they could hold off on a one-on-one encounter between the two for Extreme Rules) but not if they make the WWE Championship match a triple threat. They won't have two triple threat matches on the same show.

-Speaking of which, Daniel Bryan could very well be the third guy should they choose to make the WWE Title match a three-way. Defeating HHH earlier in the evening and then going on to cap off the entire night by winning the WWE Championship would be the ultimate culmination of Daniel Bryan's journey to the top. I have mixed feelings about him having BOTH of these big moments on the same show though, even if it is WM30.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
-I think the Cena injury was pretty much confirmed as not being real or serious. That's why they're having The Shield and the Wyatts square off against one another again on Raw this Monday instead of saving it for Wrestlemania.

-These large tag team matches often have one or two individual feuds contained within them, so the fact that there's a rivalry brewing between Sheamus and Christian lately doesn't automatically indicate that they'll have a singles match. They've already faced off recently and will likely do so again sometime before Mania, which makes seeing another singles match between them there a lot less special. Same will likely go for Titus and Darren, who I expect to be part of the opposing teams as well.

-I agree that Cesaro and Swagger's rivalry could end up part of a triple threat IC Championship match with Big E caught in the middle (they could hold off on a one-on-one encounter between the two for Extreme Rules) but not if they make the WWE Championship match a triple threat. They won't have two triple threat matches on the same show.

-Speaking of which, Daniel Bryan could very well be the third guy should they choose to make the WWE Title match a three-way. Defeating HHH earlier in the evening and then going on to cap off the entire night by winning the WWE Championship would be the ultimate culmination of Daniel Bryan's journey to the top. I have mixed feelings about him having BOTH of these big moments on the same show though, even if it is WM30.

I think that the Wyatts/Shield match is taking place on Monday because it's in Chicago and they are trying to quell some of the fire that's starting there. Just my opinion.. but it seems feasible. I really want to see Cena vs Bray... but then what do they do with Harper/Rowan?

Now that you've explained it the tag team thing does make sense... that one match could further multiple storylines including The Rhodes Brothers split... along with the Titus/Young and Sheamus/Christian feuds... that would be cool.

I understand about Bryan as well maybe he'll just beat HHH for a title shot at Extreme Rules and then defeat Batista for the title there.