HP Pavilion 15" E028US Laptop??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Hey guys I need a new computer because my old one's port failed and it would cost more to fix it rather getting a new one. My dad has a HP Pavilion its a older model but it works great! Now I want to know is this one good for gaming? I can only afford this one at the moment and I want to know if I can run games such as GTA IV, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, BF4? and Splinter Cell Blacklist here is the link and I will put the tech specs below:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-PAVI...81261942?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item4613e19676
Product Name15-e028us
Product NumberE1X73UA
Microprocessor2.9GHz up to 3.5GHzAMD Dual-Core A6-5350M Accelerated Processor
Microprocessor Cache1MB L2,1600MHz DDR3
Memory4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
Memory MaxMaximum supported = 8GB
Memory Slots2 user accessible
Video GraphicsAMD Radeon HD 8450G graphics with up to 2158MB total graphics memory
Display15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)
Hard Drive750GB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Multimedia DriveSuperMulti DVD burner
Network Card10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
Wireless Connectivity1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN
SoundDTS Sound+ provides dynamic and subtle nuances with rich sounds for a concert-like experience.
KeyboardFull-size keyboard with numeric keypad
Pointing DeviceTouchpad supporting multi-touch gestures with on/off button
External PortsMulti-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards

2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0

1 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0

1 HDMI

1 VGA (15-pin)

1 RJ-45 (LAN)

1 Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack
Dimensions1.07 in (min H) / 1.26 in (max H) x 15.0 in (W) x 9.7 in (D)
Weight5.14 lb
Power65W AC adapter

6-cell 47WHr 2.2 Ah lithium-ion battery
ID Mech DescriptionFront facing HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated digital microphone

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Hardware isn't my thing, but looking at the benchmarks for that graphics card suggests it wouldn't be able run much considering it's getting below average FPS even on the lower settings.
You could probably just about inch your way through skyrim, but 21.6 FPS with everything low isn't a good sign and usually means you'd be getting about 5 FPS when anything remotely interesting is happening.

If you're looking for a laptop to play games, research the graphics card benchmarks/reviews with any of the other laptops you've been looking at, but you'll be lucky to get a laptop with a decent graphics card, because the graphics card itself will cost around $400 if you want to play all of the new games with decent performance.

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Hardware isn't my thing, but looking at the benchmarks for that graphics card suggests it wouldn't be able run much considering it's getting below average FPS even on the lower settings.
You could probably just about inch your way through skyrim, but 21.6 FPS with everything low isn't a good sign and usually means you'd be getting about 5 FPS when anything remotely interesting is happening.

If you're looking for a laptop to play games, research the graphics card benchmarks/reviews with any of the other laptops you've been looking at, but you'll be lucky to get a laptop with a decent graphics card, because the graphics card itself will cost around $400 if you want to play all of the new games with decent performance.
Hmm, sounds alright, do you think GTA 4 will be able to run? and thanks for the info.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
It will really struggle with such a poor iGPU and just 2 cores. BF4 will be completely unplayable.
GTA 4 might be okay on low settings, but it won't be pretty.

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
It will really struggle with such a poor iGPU and just 2 cores. BF4 will be completely unplayable.
GTA 4 might be okay on low settings, but it won't be pretty.
What would be a good one to get ranging from 300-500 dollars? anybody know anything about the G7? or anything else?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
$500 won't get you a good gaming laptop.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Please just buy a Desktop, Laptops are absolutely terrible for gaming, the heating being the main problem.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
See the Amazon link.

Some laptops are really good for gaming, MSI's gaming range in particular.

But Ultimately Desktops are better. The main thing with laptops is you have to keep them plugged in for them to actually perform at 100% and at that point you may aswell buy a desktop, that cools better and is easier to modify.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Definitely. Do you have a custom gaming pc? Post in my thread if you do, I am interested.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
It's not really a custom PC, but when I bought it a few years ago it was like 4x better than my computer and I had a good graphics card installed. It runs TF2 and Minecraft pretty smoothly. the only games I really play on it anyways xD