How's my gimmick?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
I wanted to become either a manager or a referee, but my trainer is training me to be a jack of all trades in the wrestling talent business, so I will be wrestling some in my career. I need a gimmick, so how's this one.

David Capone, named after my kayfabe idol Al Capone. I dress in gangster clothes and portray the personality of a street thug (the modern gangster), often beating people up with bats, chains, and knucks. My finishing move, the Whack, is a jumping double underhook DDT, sometimes onto a chair. I lead a heel staple called the Family (playing off the Mafia gimmick), and my catch phrase is "And just remember: You mess with the family, and you get whacked!"

Does that sound like someone you'd pay to see?

Montana

I dont mean to be rude... But this is the wrong place for a lot of your topics. And do you really need to add a new thread everytime you think of something new. At least keep it all in one place.

First, managers dont have finishing moves.

Secondly, a gimmick means nothing if you dont have the look and act like it. Sure the gimmick is fine. I have no idea where you got that idea from. But if you dont have the look/feel of "david capone" it will fail.

Third, your wrestler/stable would need to have the mobb gimmick too.

dstebbins

Reaction score
I dont mean to be rude... But this is the wrong place for a lot of your topics.

Where should it go then? I'm going to start out at the independent circuit, so why not here?

And do you really need to add a new thread everytime you think of something new. At least keep it all in one place.

I would, but after a while, people loose interest in the same thread and won't respond even if I put something new in there. This is the only way I can get responses.

First, managers dont have finishing moves.

Did you read my post at all? He's training me to be everything, from a wrestler to a referee to a snack seller. I will wrestle at some point because I'm becoming a jack of all trades. He's doing this to get me the most work possible.

Secondly, a gimmick means nothing if you dont have the look and act like it. Sure the gimmick is fine. I have no idea where you got that idea from. But if you dont have the look/feel of "david capone" it will fail.

And you think I didn't already know this because...?

Third, your wrestler/stable would need to have the mobb gimmick too.
Doesn't "street thug" already carry the moniker of mobbster? Multiple street thugs ganging up on you is pretty much a mob in and of itself, no?

I apologize if I sound rude, but you could have been a little more polite yourself.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear mob style clothes to wrestle in. Wear tights definitely, but during anything else, wear a track suit with gold chains or something (I'm thinking Chris Penn in Reservoir Dogs).

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I have to disagree on wrestling attire. Tights aren't a neccuessity, rather I would go with more the style of pants Tajiri wears, and maybe a singlet. Of course, with Tajiri's attire, I don't mean what he has on them, I just mean the actual attire.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of a wife beater and black jeans.

LadyHotrod

I wanted to become either a manager or a referee, but my trainer is training me to be a jack of all trades in the wrestling talent business, so I will be wrestling some in my career. I need a gimmick, so how's this one.

David Capone, named after my kayfabe idol Al Capone. I dress in gangster clothes and portray the personality of a street thug (the modern gangster), often beating people up with bats, chains, and knucks. My finishing move, the Whack, is a jumping double underhook DDT, sometimes onto a chair. I lead a heel staple called the Family (playing off the Mafia gimmick), and my catch phrase is "And just remember: You mess with the family, and you get whacked!"

Does that sound like someone you'd pay to see?

Instead of ripping something off, you should try to be a bit more original...You just stereotype the typical mobster and it wouldn't fly.....A lot of wrestlers are rip-offs of something but to stand out, you would have to be original.

The whole mobster shit is way overdone. Thanks but I've watched the entire Sopranos series already. I don't need to see it again on wrestling.

Sorry but your catchphrase sucks. It's cheesy and predictable.

MikeRaw

Also, unless somethings changed, YOU dont get to choose your gimmick, lol. The company (for wwe, tna, etc at leat, not sure about indies) give you your gimmick, if your even allowed. Most newcomers dont get a gimmick anyways, and are just randoms thrown in there, and have to get a gimmick eventually... The only people who get gimmicks off the bat are usually for huge pushes. but ya, most likely, if you even get a gimmick, its chosen by then. Sorry, you just probably wont get to do this...

but if you did choose your gimmick, its decent. I like the mobster idea, and all that, but it needs to be tweaked a bit to make it less cheesy.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Also, unless somethings changed, YOU dont get to choose your gimmick, lol. The company (for wwe, tna, etc at leat, not sure about indies) give you your gimmick, if your even allowed. Most newcomers dont get a gimmick anyways, and are just randoms thrown in there, and have to get a gimmick eventually... The only people who get gimmicks off the bat are usually for huge pushes. but ya, most likely, if you even get a gimmick, its chosen by then. Sorry, you just probably wont get to do this...

CM Punk

WWE still hasn't given an explanation to what the CM stands for, they just carried over his ROH gimmick.

MikeRaw

^Ya, but thats just his name. And his gimmick isnt really a gimmick, its just a fact about him, but he doesnt use it for a gimmick. Thats just like if Triple H went to TNA, and used his name (or something like it) and just kept being a funny badass... that wouldnt be choosing his gimmick, its just who he is. Thats a little differene than being like "make me a mobster" lol