How WWE Should Book Shinsuke Nakamura's Main Roster Debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Frosted

Jobber
Reaction score
Shinsuke Nakamura is an interesting topic because you can't just debut him like anyone else, his debut has to mean something, it has to force him into the main event picture right away that way he doesn't fade out, join the mid-cards and form a tag team with dean ambrose or something stupid...

if you read my "My Dream Royal Rumble" booking where I looked over the royal rumble and how I would book it if I were in charge, you'd have read that shines uke lasted the longest in the match only to be final 3 with James Ellsworth (doing the old hiding under the ring thing) and Samoa joe, via false elimination on joe's part, Shinsuke was eliminated by joe in the ending of the match
I'd have Shinsuke be a show hopping talent because WWE has to understand who they're working with right now, this is someone who could be a massive draw on both brands because of his completely unique style of fighting and charisma, and seeing as how neither brand has enough stars that could hang with Shinsuke, and be completely alright with wrestling against someone who is proficient in the strong style of wrestling, I'd say we have him move from side to side whenever he sees fit. (like the undertaker did as of recent)
the next night on Monday Samoa joe comes out to the ring and makes his little "I'm the best, I won the rumble, I'm a heel, look at me, I hate the crowd but I'll kick anyone's ass" promo, and as he finishes his promo, the lights dim and the Titantron starts up that green light and Shinsuke's theme starts playing, as joe is preparing to have a fight by staring at the stage, he jumps him from behind with a knee to the back of the head. and proceeds to attack joe viciously. Angered greatly by the elimination from the rumble. 5-10 refs come out to separate the two and Mick Foley rushes out to the stage with a mic, he sets up a match in the main event of that raw, mentions how he knows they had a feud back in NXT and classifies the match as a 30 minute, ironman match.
I'd say a good way to have the ironman match go, have joe cheat a pinfall within the first 5 minutes with a steel chair, followed by another pinfall on joe's part. then have a comeback with Shinsuke, having him get 2 pinfalls, the ending of the match would be Shinsuke having joe in a triangle choke and him tapping out at the last second, Shinsuke wins over joe.
the next week on smackdown, daniel Bryan comes out to the ring for... something... but mid promo he get's cut off my Shinsuke's music. Shinsuke come's to the ring and requests a fight with someone, anyone who would want to. Daniel Bryan asks the locker room (speaking to the stage obv) if anyone would want to have a fight with Shinsuke, and Baron Corbin's music starts to play. he comes to the ring with an "I need to prove myself to the universe and you're just the guy to make it happen" type of mentality. This wouldn't be the main event, but Shinsuke V Corbin happens on smackdown.
AJ styles is on commentary for this match (preferably still champion.. please let him stay over John) and he talks about how he and Shinsuke had a great rivalry and such in Japan, how they go way back and such. Corbin gets ticked off at something that AJ was doing (again) and jumps out of the ring to confront styles mid-match, the two brawl, and the match ends in disqualification, Shinsuke wins, whenever Shinsuke realizes that Corbin caused the match to end, he goes out to join in the fray with style and Corbin. John Cena's music hits and he rushes to fight Corbin and styles with Shinsuke, they both get knocked down, Cena offers Shinsuke a handshake and he goes for it, but wipes his head, does that little... seizure shake thingy, while john is laughing he gets hit with an elbow to the head and Shinsuke bashes him to the mat
Next week he get's on raw and gets blindsided backstage and attacked by joe who is heavily bandaged around the chest from their last encounter. he doesn't have a match this raw but he preferably goes on raw talk. John Cena calls him out on smackdown and he doesn't have a match there either, but he does attack john backstage later in the night. Daniel Bryan and Shane break up the brawl between the two backstage and book a match for fast-lane, John Cena VS Shinsuke Nakamura in a falls count anywhere match.
He doesn't show up to smackdown the week after that, but he has one last match against Samoa joe on raw. winning one last time to cement his dominance.
the match at fast lane spills to the back eventually, Shinsuke goes over clean against john after hitting a Kinshasa off of something tall preferably, pinning him out in either the backstage or the parking lot.
Shinsuke comes out to smackdown after fast-lane and says he wants a world championship match, styles having defended it again at fast lane against... let's say bray Wyatt... why not. AJ's music hits and he comes out to the ring, laughs, and says he's done nothing to deserve it
Daniel agrees, Shinsuke only having been on the roster for a month, he needs to prove himself, he sets Shinsuke up in a fatal 4 way for the number 1 contenders against dean ambrose, randy Orton, and the miz. Shinsuke wins this by pinning dean ambrose, who shakes his hand after the match only to hit him with dirty deeds afterward. so it's set. Shinsuke Nakamura V AJ styles at WrestleMania (Samoa joe goes after the universal title in the main event against most likely roman reigns.... saying that makes me hurt)
he goes out to raw the next week and gets confronted backstage by brock Lesnar who is sort of ticked at the fact that Shinsuke eliminated him at royal rumble, brock and Shinsuke have a match that raw and Shinsuke just BARELY wins this match, countering and F5 into a DDT and following up with a Kinshasa (this would be main event most likely)
the next week on smackdown, dean ambrose has a match with Shinsuke which results in a disqualification on dean ambrose's part due to miz interference, the miz, however, gets attacked by Shinsuke, and then once Shinsuke leaves, dean ambrose attacks him as well. setting up for dean ambrose V miz later down the line. I'd have styles attack Shinsuke backstage that night. D-Bry breaking it up, and setting an extra stipulation to the WrestleMania match between styles and Shinsuke. Shinsuke Nakamura VS AJ styles at WrestleMania for the WWE championship in a hell in a cell match.
I'd say Shinsuke gets handed his first loss at WrestleMania and feuds with either Lesnar or AJ more later.
Have any critiques? would you have done it differently? let me know in the replies, I'll be reading them all. (This was all written in one take in less than 30 minutes, if there's a few mis-spellings here or there, cut me some slack. I'm tired lmao)

Reactions: Solid Snake

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Hey Broski...not meaning to sound like a 4th Grade English Teacher...
but...
Perhaps you could break this post up into paragraphs and try to
give it some flow and structure...

Just saying...might make it easier for your fellow members to read
your work.

A solid wall of text can be off putting for potential readers...

Frosted

Jobber
Reaction score
Hey Broski...not meaning to sound like a 4th Grade English Teacher...
but...
Perhaps you could break this post up into paragraphs and try to
give it some flow and structure...

Just saying...might make it easier for your fellow members to read
your work.

A solid wall of text can be off-putting for potential readers...
to be fair, I did actually put them into paragraphs correctly, but I downloaded that stupid Grammarly chrome addon, which makes it a lot weirder to type