How would you split The Shield?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yes, I as well don't want them to split at all yet, but how would you guys book it if it were up to you? The most common theory I have read is Rollins breaking out as the face of the group and feuding with Ambrose, but I don't know what Reigns would be doing.

How would you do it?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll break up by the end of 2013.

I think it makes sense that their first big loss should be at Wrestlemania. That could shake the group up a bit and start to build towards a breakout, but even that might be too soon. I think Summer next year would be just around the right time. Similar to Legacy, I could see a triple threat match of some kind.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Let Ambrose start to play mind games with the other two, and turn them against each other. In the meantime, Ambrose wins the US or IC title thanks to help from Seth/Roman. Also, have Seth or Roman win the other title due to botched interference from the other. Then they find out Ambrose is behind it, and they have a three way for the titles. Roman gets pinned first, thus no title, and beats the crap out of the other two before he's removed. The titles are split, Roman and Seth can continue their feud, while Ambrose moves on to the ME singles scene.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, it'd involve a Rollins face turn some time after their big loss which results in internal conflict. Then I guess Reigns can cost Ambrose a few matches vs face Rollins and they end up fighting as well, but no turn. Not sure.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
BrockLesnarFanForLife said:
I wouldnt bother splitting them just release them

Piss the fucking fuck off.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Something similar to evolution when Batista split.
Rollins is Batista.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Rollins face turn to feud with Ambrose, those two can make themselves, a log rivalry between the two will cause neither of them any harm since they will put each other over. Maybe have Rollins win a singles title and Ambrose then attacks him for it, kind of how Triple H turned on Orton in Evolution, only this time both guys are pretty equal, which makes for a much more interesting feud.

As for Reigns.... I'd probably build him kind of like Mr. Kennedy's initial push. Allow him to work with some older, wiser veterans and go over them to help build up his in ring repertoire and character. I think he could benefit from that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I would have Ambrose become more and more of an overbearing prick. He slowly starts to take control as the leader, at first subtly, manipulating Rollins and Reigns into doing things that benefit Ambrose ahead of the group. They slowly begin to figure it out as he becomes more conspicuous with his power play and they begin to resent him. Eventually they break off from Amrbrose, who becomes even more ruthless than before. He has a long feud with both men, dominating them of course, before they eventually disappear randomly after Ambrose beats Rollins at a major PPV. Ambrose hints that he either killed them or had them killed and is viewed as the most sinister heel in the history of wrestling. Rollins/Reigns go away for at least one year before being completely repackaged beyond recognition of casual fans.

Reactions: Crayo

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I would have Ambrose become more and more of an overbearing prick. He slowly starts to take control as the leader, at first subtly, manipulating Rollins and Reigns into doing things that benefit Ambrose ahead of the group. They slowly begin to figure it out as he becomes more conspicuous with his power play and they begin to resent him. Eventually they break off from Amrbrose, who becomes even more ruthless than before. He has a long feud with both men, dominating them of course, before they eventually disappear randomly after Ambrose beats Rollins at a major PPV. Ambrose hints that he either killed them or had them killed and is viewed as the most sinister heel in the history of wrestling. Rollins/Reigns go away for at least one year before being completely repackaged beyond recognition of casual fans.

I like the idea of vicious Ambrose but no Rollins makes me sad :sad:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Ambrose with the title

Rollins wins RR

Paranoid Dean as Rollins decided who to choose Dean attacks him repeatedly

Chooses DEAN, Ambrose's Paranoia runs wild

Rollins wins.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I like the idea of vicious Ambrose but no Rollins makes me sad :sad:

He will be back in a year.

or hell, give his ass a mask and he can keep working after his murder. Maybe WWE can go all soap opera on our ass and Rollins' twins shows up.

I just want a murder angle, dammit. Ambrose makes the perfect serial killer gimmick