How would you rank the Star Trek films?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
The Motion Picture:
5.5/10: I didn't think it was THAT bad, but I understand why it's called the Slow Motion Picture. The pacing is very bad. Not a bad start, but the three immediate sequels are much better.

Wrath of Khan:
8.5/10: Originally I didn't like it too much due to the Ceti Eels scenes disturbing me as a kid. But rewatching with an adult mind made me realize just how well put together this film is. Khan is a fascinating villain. He had genuine motives to go after Kirk. That's what makes this whole adventure heartbreaking for both of them, as both ends up losing people dear to them by the end of the film. I would say this is the best of the ST films.

Search for Spock:
7.5/10: Not as good as II, but that one a tough one to follow. It still has a lot going for it, a number of epic moments and feels very operatic as a whole. The ending is perfect.

Voyage Home:
7.5/10: This film's a lot of fun. I didn't mind the lack of action scenes, as the engaging story, memorable funny scenes and character moments made up for it. Nimoy does a damn fine job as director.

Final Frontier:
3.5/10: I actually liked this one as a kid. Today, not so much...Heh. Let's say Star Trek and GOD don't mix very well together...Shatner sucks as director, and writer. Enough said.

Undiscovered Country:
8.0/10: A HUGE improvement over V, and the film that saved the reputation of the original series of film.

Generations:
5.5/10: The concept of the Nexus was a great idea. Too bad the script that resulted included about a bajilion plot holes. Also, Kirk's inclusion in this film feels very forced, as well as his exit. I kinda liked the Soran character, and his line "Time is the fire in which we burn" was badass. But Data was annoying. God he was annoying... Not bad, but expected a whole lot more.

First Contact:
8.5/10: Absolutely badass. Alice Krudge has the Borg Queen stole the show, IMO. The pacing was flawless. Looking back, it was a little weird seeing Picard as an action hero in lieu of Riker, but considering his history with the Borg, he was the logical choice.

Insurrection:
5.0/10: Feels rushed and incomplete. Moreover, the script wasn't good at all. The morals dictated in this film are very forced. The story isn't engaging at all. Feeling like an mediocre two hour episode of the Next Generation.

Nemesis:
6.0/10: Not as bad as people claim, IMO. There's nothing particularly great in the film, but I don't think there was anything spectacularly bad about it either. The thing I really didn't like is they tried to recreate the ending of Star Trek II, without the soul and emotion involved. A comme-ci, comme-ça finale for the Next generation crew.

Star Trek (2009):
8.0/10: Excellent relaunch of the franchise. Memorable characters, excellent special effects and action scenes. The inclusion of Leonard Nimoy was wonderful. Some say that the soul of Star Trek was stripped in favor of the action. They may be right, but I don't mind the new direction at all. I'm looking forward to seeing more adventures with this crew.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
1. Wrath of Khan - easily the best, great story, perfect villain, there's really nothing wrong about this film at all.

2. Star Trek 2009 - the most accessible to non fans and a great way to reboot the series.

3. Star Trek IV - "Admiral, there be whales here". Ok, I also love the fish out of water concept of the crew being stuck in the past.

4. Star Trek: First Contact - the best TNG film by far and one hell of a strong stand-alone film.

5. Star Trek VI - Christopher Plummer makes this film as good as it is, though the intriguing mystery story works well too.

6. Star Trek III - A decent film, though not great by any means, but makes up an important middle part of the pseudo-trilogy that parts II, III and IV create.

7. Generations - I really liked this when I first saw it in theatres but it doesn't really hold up. Props to the scene where the bitchy Klingon sisters get blown up though, that's awesome stuff.

8. Nemesis - I agree with Citan that its not as bad as some people say, but there's just nothing really memorable about it to me.

9. Star Trek - The Motion Picture - As Citan said, the pacing is god awful, but the scene where the Vulcan scientist and the other dolt melt to death on the transporter pad is well worth the watch.

10. Star Trek V - It has some rewatch value because of how awful it is, but you have to be a bad movie fan to get anything out of it.

11. Insurrection - I'd rather eat glass than watch it again.

Reactions: 1 person