How will Sting retire?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

After watching the series of interview segments with Sting on iMPACT! (they were all great segments) it is pretty obvious that they are teasing Sting's retirement. The question is, when will Sting retire? At what PPV? And also, who do you think is going to wrestle Sting in his last match? I think he'll retire at Bound For Glory, but I don't know who would wrestle him in his last match.

Thoughts?

MikeRaw

I think he will wrestle Angle...
I mean, no offense to anyone on TNA but Angle is by far the most accomplished and most respected ont he roster. Also, he could wrestle good against Angle... I wonder if there would be a feud, or just a "respect" match for Stings retirement.
Also, when he retires, I hope they just have him announce his retirement, and then have his match, and not some storyline like Flairs...
Also, look how this page came out gangsta' style...

http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.impactwrestling.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D277099%23post277099

Rell

Reaction score
He's obviously not drawing anymore, yet he's collecting one of the biggest paychecks in TNA. I have no clue if he's retiring, I missed the interview, but retiring would be the best scenario. It would give TNA the opportunity to bring in someone people actually care about.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I think he will wrestle Angle...
I mean, no offense to anyone on TNA but Angle is by far the most accomplished and most respected ont he roster. Also, he could wrestle good against Angle... I wonder if there would be a feud, or just a "respect" match for Stings retirement.
Also, when he retires, I hope they just have him announce his retirement, and then have his match, and not some storyline like Flairs...
Also, look how this page came out gangsta' style...

http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php?url=http://www.impactwrestling.co m%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D277099%23post2770 99

I call gimmick infringement! :smh

Anyway, I think that Sting will retire at Bound For Glory, although, I would rather him face, and put over, Robert Roode. That would give the Roode the push to the main event that he deserves.

OlympicEdge92

Reaction score
He'll have a huge match. He'll go out like Flair, with dignity.

CT Styles

It'll be at BFG and against someone who needs to be put over. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a storyline but I think it might just be a 'respect' match. People who he might wrestle? Not sure.

PS I haven't ever really seen him in his prime but right now I don't think he outs on that great a match so possibly Angle should wrestle him and make him look good.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
He'll have a huge match. He'll go out like Flair, with dignity.
Please God no. Hopefully Sting DOESN'T feel the need to turn his retirement into a six month escapade all ending in not putting anyone over. Hopefully Sting does the dignified thing and puts over an up and coming heel, like Roode.

Qwake

Well I don't know when Sting will retire but I have a feeling it will be one of his old WCW mates...Kevin Nash!

I don't want to see it because they are both old but it would be a pretty big match up for everyone, that my opinion anyways.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
why do people think sting will lose his last match? he can still put people over by winning. and yeah personally i still want to see that sting/daniels storyline that never really got to play out

Reaction score
Yeah he should retire in a match with a match with the top people in tna like Kevin Nash, Christian Cage, and Kurt Angle.

Bubbles222

Reaction score
hopefully they give him a ric flair type sending off celebration haha...

Reaction score
Hopefully at Bound for Glory putting over a young talent clean. Maybe Abyss and I have also herd rumors about Samoa Joe!

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I don't see him retiring this year TBH.. I see him getting the title at BFG off of Booker.. Him reighning then, dropping it to someone.. And he get's into a retirement feud with someone like Booker T, Kurr Angle, Abyss, or Christian Cage.. That's about it there..