How talent has changed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I was watching Summer Slam 2002 the other day and I am amazed how great WWE's roster was compared to now. The entire roster for the next year and a half had a great roster. Granted they just took over ECW and WCW but they had home grown talent as well. But its nothing compared to now.

You had the up and coming rookies who would end up being the faces of the company in:
Randy Orton
John Cena
Batista
Brock Lesnar

You had the big names in:
Rock
Austin (For awhile)
Kevin Nash
Triple H
Scott Steiner
Hulk Hogan
Shawn Michaels
Ric Flair
Undertaker
Chris Jericho

An awesome mid card:
Chris Benoit
RVD
Booker T
Eddie Guerrero
Christian

It seems like yesterday but in reality it was eight years ago, but now it seems obvious why they would do the Draft Expansion, but now I'm not sure the current roster can not only fill out two shows successfully but are quite simply talented enough.

When do you guys think Vince will realize to stop the expansion? Or do you want them to weather out the storm and wait for them to make new talent.

Reaction score
They have an AWESOME roster right now, talent wise. The reason nobody is overly interested is because the WWE won't go back to the Kayfabe days of the early '90's and shoot vignettes and promos to build an actual "character" to a wrestler.

90% of the roster is just "Guy in black/whatever color trunks has a name and never talks". The fans can't get behind someone who has NO character attributes or characteristics. That's why Drew McIntyre (for example) will be erased from our memories someday when he gets fired during Spring Cleaning. The fans actually want some gimmicks.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Of course, nothing the writing team could come up with could make McIntyre interesting in any case.

Reaction score
Of course, nothing the writing team could come up with could make McIntyre interesting in any case.

This is true.

Although the Gay Swashbuckler (because that's what he looks like-a gay pirate) gimmick may attract the gay community, you never know.