How Much WWE is Worth, SD on Spike, NXT Seminars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Credit wrestling observer and pwpix.net

- As noted, WWE stock almost doubled over the past year. WWE is now worth $1.25 billion and the McMahon family is close to billionaire status with their company stock.

The rise in stock is based on optimism based on what the company has said about the Network and their 2014 TV rights fees negotiations. The expectation is things will rise until those two things come to fruition, and at that point, the price will depend on the new deal and the success of the Network.

Regarding those rights fees, there is some speculation that Spike TV could make a play for SmackDown. If Spike acquired SmackDown, it would be a great lead-in for Bellator MMA on Friday nights.

- WWE now has their developmental talents doing classes and seminars, treating it like it's almost similar going to college. The idea is that they are trying to teach talents to not screw up like most people from the past had done and have skills for a post-wrestling.

They are going to have talent classes in marketing themselves, programs in teaching how to manage finances, college tuition reimbursement programs, media training and language courses.
WWE has formed a partnership with Money Management International to help the talents with their financial planning for the future. They will have classes that teach budgeting, debt control, help with choosing a tax professional, as well as helping them choose people to be financial planners and to help them with taxes.

They are also working with Kevin Sullivan Communications (not the WCW Kevin Sullivan) to teach talent media training, like how to avoid bad press on Twitter. Sullivan is the former White House Communications Director under George W. Bush

Looks like they finally clawed all the way back from the xfl debacle and Cenas era with the network, TV rights and pg could make him the goat passing by Hogan and Austin.

I would think TNA would be killed off spike for that to happen, and all I've ever heard to be interested in them before was wgn. Don't like sd on Fridays still but I get it.

As for the NXT classes, that's good so there aren't more people like Hall running around

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not sure about Spike TV, it's their fault that WWE wasn't as profitable as it was before they went to Spike. Advertisement revenue was based off ratings and it made them hotshot their product, and Spike left WWE holding their dick and backing into USA deal that wasn't as lucrative as it should've been.

One would think wrestlers would be smart on their own and take those types of classes when they went to college. All professional athletes should do that in college if college sports actually gave a shit about "student athletes".

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I guess its a case of Spike may pay them this time solely because UFC is gone and Bellator/Impact don't draw.

This is first time we have seen rumors they can break it up instead of being screwed by that cable exclusivity they were backed into with Universal when Spike let them leave

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I really like the idea of this seminar/classes thing. I'm not entirely surprised by their worth. SD going to wherever usually doesn't matter to us as TheScore has both shows.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If Spke thinks WWE would have the same effect on Bellator that it had for UFC, they are seriously mistaken. UFC was right place, right time and there reality show was lead in by Raw. MMA wasn't overexposed back than and still a new concept to a mass audience.

Would be a bad pick up for Spike, and likely that channel is pretty close to a rebranding.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I agree that they won't have the same impact they had TUF. I doubt raw could have that on fs1 this day and age let alone SD and Bellator, I guess it all depends on if they feel sd will bring them more than what they've invested in spike