How much longer will TNA Last?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
TNA, as long as I have been watching wrestling, has never done this. Rather the opposite. PPVs for TNA has been set ups to Impact, not the other way around.

That TNA runs the same storyline over and over again year after year is a completely different beast.

Spoiler alert: The BDC will be vanquished at BFG.
That's true. Although when I first got into TNA, I'm pretty sure they had built up to Aries vs Roode which ended up being the deal breaker between me not watching Impact and me actually watching Impact for the first time (after all, I was just told to check out the match, which was awesome and I loved the story behind it). I hope they do more of this.

I feel as if TNA should try and get 6 PPVs a year going. They could have 6 Open Fight Night Impacts (those were epic, and an easy to introduce new talents) where they have a "secondary" title main eventing and 6 main PPVs where they build up to a marquee World Title match.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Nah, nah, nah. The quality has been DECENT.
I know people always say, "Oh, the ring action is where it's at!", but it's hard to enjoy a show when ROH has larger crowds than TNA.(Ignoring the annual UK tour.)
Not even that, it's basically the same thing each year. They introduce a stable, they're on top and then it's all over. It worked the first few times, but then it got repetitive amd then it got boring.

When I started watching, it was the Christian Coalition and Angle Alliance. Then it became the Main Event Mafia, then Fortune, Immortal, Aces and Eights, etc.
The action has always been great in TNA, but they don't know how to book a match for shits. I don't even consider a finisher a fatal blow in TNA cause they abuse it so much. Probably more than Rock/Cena.

And I also find it funny how they say the "lighting" is to focus in on ring action, when the true reason is because they aren't selling out arenas that require 1500 people.

That's true, I think that they will have one or two good matches every few weeks but then it's downgraded by the crowd. Even the Glasgow shows didn't look as impressive compared to last year's. I hope they fix their crowd and camera problems soon...

Stables are annoying me now, but hopefully BDC ends up with Kenny King being a top heel. I feel as if stables are a-okay if done in moderation and produce new talents. Aces and Eights had all the potential in the world, then only Bully Ray looked strong coming out of it. Bischoff and Brisco... damn, how were they even in TNA? :damn:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Huh? Then why are they turning profit and the stock prices going up?

Huh? They lost money all last year and cut costs all over the board.
They say they have to be patient with a new venture like the Network, we'll see on that.
Obviously Vince isn't in dire straits lol, if we're really gonna be doomsayers, it'll still be a LONG time before they're in any real trouble.

This rumor was shot down instantly, they aren't in financial trouble, they just didn't get as big a yearly budget increase as they wanted.

Admittedly I just saw your thread on that and didn't read any updates. Alrighty, then, great news.

source on that? Seems like El Rey is just expanding, which equals good for LU.

http://www.wwe.com/news/533693-backstage-lucha-underground-update

Not the best sauce but believable story. Watching the show proves they spend a whole lot producing it, and El Rey is a tiny, tiny network. They may just cut back... but that sucks! :why:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Not the best sauce but believable story. Watching the show proves they spend a whole lot producing it, and El Rey is a tiny, tiny network. They may just cut back... but that sucks! :why:
El Rey is not the sole funder of LU. Lu is also syndicated on Spanish speaking networks and drawing good numbers over there, as well as being part owned by AAA. So they also foot part of the bill.

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
You know, I just remembered that I watched a Jim Cornette shoot the other day and he actually made a good point on this. He was asked how long TNA was going to live, and he said that as long as Bob Carter is alive it probably will, because when he dies and other execs take over Panda they won't spend money on a non-profitable wrestling promotion. I'm really not sure if it's the case but I could see this go down.