How I Met Your Mother Discussion (SPOILERS)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
93f5Lpx.jpg
We FINALLY meet the mother! Cristin Milioti from 30 Rock!​

So... who saw today's/most recent episode? How do you feel about it?

Do you think season 9 will try and drag on the meeting between Ted and the mother for the whole season or will we actually get to see some afterward interaction between Ted and the mother and how exactly they got together? I was worried for awhile that we would just see Ted meeting the mother at the wedding and that'll be it for the whole show considering the name of the show is "How I MET your mother" not "How Your Mother and I Got Together", but since there's a whole season coming, I really, really doubt they would drag like a week in the show in 20 or so episodes. It's quite obvious that Ted will be conflicted between and mother and (once again) Robin and that'll probably be the whole season. It'll probably be the last season as well.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Next season has to be the last. You can only drag a set up like this along for so long and it seems like all is finally falling into place for the big final season. Just like with Friends ten or so years ago.

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Next season has to be the last. You can only drag a set up like this along for so long and it seems like all is finally falling into place for the big final season. Just like with Friends ten or so years ago.
Yes, I agree. I actually see a lot of people complaining about HIMYM just keeps dragging it along and getting tiresome already.

I'm fine with it ending or it dragging along some more. I'm not tired of it at all because the actors are just so great together, lmao.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Seems like how people felt about Friends near the end of its run. Half the fanbase wanted it to end because it was dragging on and the characters had "grown up" whilst the other half were so attached to the characters that they didn't want it to end.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Seems like how people felt about Friends near the end of its run. Half the fanbase wanted it to end because it was dragging on and the characters had "grown up" whilst the other half were so attached to the characters that they didn't want it to end.
Yeah, a long series tends to have that effect on people, lol. I always find myself on the "never wanting it to end" side, haha.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I think it all depends on the type of show. If they were to run Game of Thrones or Walking Dead on longer than the source material then people would be pissed.

Comedy's like Big Bang Theory are easier to keep going longer since the characters are manchildren.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I think it all depends on the type of show. If they were to run Game of Thrones or Walking Dead on longer than the source material then people would be pissed.

Comedy's like Big Bang Theory are easier to keep going longer since the characters are manchildren.

Yeah, I agree. It's the same situation with Teen Titans. They ended the show when the comic books did and they decided to do premiere spin-off recently, "Teen Titans Go!" and let's just say a lot of people are pissed about it.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. It's the same situation with Teen Titans. They ended the show when the comic books did and they decided to do premiere spin-off recently, "Teen Titans Go!" and let's just say a lot of people are pissed about it.
Teen Titans the comic book wasn't canceled when the show ended. The show was canceled because it was bad in the ratings and also was a bad interpretation.

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
I heard there were talks that Jason Segel did not want want to be in the next season, that he feels he is done with HIMYM

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I really expect a twist in the last season TBH ,like Lady said i don't see the whole season being focused around Ted and the mother's relationship .i believe something is gonna happen during the wedding that will change the direction of the story.
Maybe she's not even the mother after all :notsure:

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
What I've been thinking is that even though Ted's already with his wife and had his two children, he'll go back to Robin in the end. I really don't want it to be true, but with every episode it just starts to lean that way, especially the most previous ones. However, I recently saw a picture that consisted of pictures of all of Ted's past girlfriends and it made me think that all of them ended because of Robin and now I'm thinking that this new chick, this mother, would finally be the one to turn Ted away from Robin and really make an impact. That's just me speculatin', though. :hmm:

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
well i think the first episode of the last season will answer a lot of questions because i don't see Ted going after Robin if she's already married to Barney

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
well i think the first episode of the last season will answer a lot of questions because i don't see Ted going after Robin if she's already married to Barney
I know, but who knows where they'll end in the following years is what I'm saying. Like, after Ted has his two children and is with his wife. I'm scared he might go back to Robin despite all that he already has, but now I have reasons to believe he will not do this and stick with his wife and kids instead.

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I know, but who knows where they'll end in the following years is what I'm saying. Like, after Ted has his two children and is with his wife. I'm scared he might go back to Robin despite all that he already has, but now I have reasons to believe he will not do this and stick with his wife and kids instead.
lol i would LMAO if they went that way :dawg: