How did you find out about TNA/ when did you first watch TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John

ok, when and how did you find out about TNA. heres mine:

I was flicking through the tv chanells and saw the Wrestling channel. of course, i was a big WWE fan and it was 2005, coming towards the end and i was pissed at Cena being on every show kicking everyone's ass. so i was watching some independant wrestling and it said TNA next. so i thourght ok, and watched Christian Cage come out. from then on i have watched TNA, not every week but i still watch it some times.

MikeRaw

For me, a few years ago some kids in school were talking about TNA. I hears thats where Hardy had gone, and also that it had good matches. I never thought much of it and then as I was flicking through the channels one day in late 2006, I saw it on Spike TV and remembered te name, turned it on about 10 minutes in and have watched it on an on and off basis since. m not a die hard, but I enjoy TNA shows and watch whenever I can (usually about 4 out of 5 shows)

Haze187

Reaction score
Well I was flicking through the channels and stopped at Fox Sports channel and saw Jeff Hardy, I watched it a few times after but stopped. Then I saw on Youtube the Bill & Doug vids and decided to give TNA a chance and watched it weekly until I caught up with the storylines and got hooked on it. It sucks sometimes but I see it as something else to watch rather than the same old guys from WWE although TNA does have a lot of ex WWE guys I still want to see them wrestle. And also the TNA exclusive guys like Joe,Aj,Petey,Lethal,LAX,Guns,ect.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
TNA was on an episode of House, where House was watching Christian Cage and Abyss in a six sides of steel match instead of doing doctor stuff. Then I saw it on the tv guide and decided to watch.

gashface

Reaction score
Similar to yours, I often watched TWC (The wrestling channel) and they used to have TNA on though irregularly, I think it was 2005 as well. So I started watching, but then it got taken off so I missed a good chunk of 2006, until Bravo2 started showing it.

John

^ yeh big loss for TWC, big win for Bravo. also i have started watching it on the internet now-a-days as i can never find it on TV.

gashface

Reaction score
Well they're just the fight network now, and it's mostly cage fighting and stuff, gone more pro I think.

C4

I have always known about TNA but not that much...

As the name grew, I looked over at youtube and saw some footage then found out the time for the TNA broadcasts in my country, I watched a couple of Impact! episodes on FOX! and eventually grew tired. I would still watch some special episodes like the Christmas one, Kurt Angle debut, Christian Cage debut, Sting/Abyss storyline and sharkboy 3:15.

But the best thing of TNA is the Lockdown concept, the Lethal Lockdown is fantastic and that's what I always look forward to. That's when I was first interested in TNA......... yes, because of Lockdown. I also watch all monthly TNA PPV's via streams on the internet just to let you guys know..

gashface

Reaction score
Hey c4 off topic, but I like your signatures especially the mankind one.. (foley is god) however isn't it rabid wolverine?

I think a lot of people download the PPV's like c4 even if they don't tune into impact.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I've been a net "smark" since shortly before WM 14 (telnet ftw) so I knew about TNA from its inception. I can't remember which show was the first one I saw but I started watching them when they had their weekly Wednesday PPVs. Which while they were booked almost as poorly as Impact is today, since it was PPV there were almost always solid matches. Now however I long for the days of the Wednesday PPVs and would gladly pay $9.99 a week again for some decent wrestling.

therazar

Reaction score
Back in 2004 i was talking to a guy in a efed and he told me to watch it on FSN and i watched it every friday i think at 3:00 pm had to rush home from school just to see it. I miss the opening where it was like live from universal studios orlando florida for some reason and the old impact music.

exC.On

Reaction score
A friend and I were talking about the WWE and all, and he brang up TNA, he talked about Samoa joe, and I think it was a lil before angle went to TNA so I was kinda late. but anyway i decided to watch it and thats how i knew about it.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Mine is crazy...

I was in one of my classes and went to the bathroom. Some guy wrote " I love John Cena" on my paper. I came back and was like "Who the hell wrote this!!?"
Turns out it was some guy sitting next to me who was a huge WWE fan. We eventually talked for awhile (had no clue that he liked wrestling) and he told me about TNA. This was about.... 3 years ago now. He told me about Christian/Hardy... few other's that had dissolved from the WWE. I was like "WTF!" and turned it on one day. I don't really like TNA that much, but they do have some great matches when they want too!

C4

Hey c4 off topic, but I like your signatures especially the mankind one.. (foley is god) however isn't it rabid wolverine?

Thanks and I'll correct that mistake later.

I think a lot of people download the PPV's like c4 even if they don't tune into impact.

Exactly, no one is actually going to buy a PPV or talk about the promotion until TNA proves themselves to be worthy enough. Impact! their weekly show is more of a "PPV Hype" show... if you know what I mean.. One PPV finishes and they start and talk about the next one.. so the only worthy matches and shows are the PPV's.

The only problem that TNA has at the moment is the booking issues, they have the talent and the time but they just can't use them properly and overbook which results in a disaster, for example: Sacrifice.. :disgust1: