Royal Rumble How did he get ellimated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
What?
Brock looked nothing like trash. He looked like a beast that it took 5 300+ pound men to eliminate, by fighting dirty no less. You can't get more protected in a rumble than that.

Had he been surprise eliminated he would have looked like a geek on the other hand
No. Did Roman look like a geek? No. He got blindsided and messed up. Had Brock come in and thrown out like 10 people and then got blindsided by bray because he was distracted... Well, that would've been good.

The wyatts beating him down and throw him over was worse.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
No. Did Roman look like a geek? No. He got blindsided and messed up. Had Brock come in and thrown out like 10 people and then got blindsided by bray because he was distracted... Well, that would've been good.

The wyatts beating him down and throw him over was worse.
What? Sorry but what?
Roman messed up yes, he's fallable. He can recover from it.
Brock is the new phenom. He's an entity. Had he god blindsided he would look like a geek. Brock is the type of character that has to be eliminated the way he did. Had Bray blindsided him out of the ring there wouldn't be nearly as much heat on their mania match as there will be now. Now we're getting Brock hunting down the family and killing them.

That's good fucking TV. Having Brock eliminated by pearl harboring and standing there looking like a goof is not

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
What? Sorry but what?
Roman messed up yes, he's fallable. He can recover from it.
Brock is the new phenom. He's an entity. Had he god blindsided he would look like a geek. Brock is the type of character that has to be eliminated the way he did. Had Bray blindsided him out of the ring there wouldn't be nearly as much heat on their mania match as there will be now. Now we're getting Brock hunting down the family and killing them.

That's good fucking TV. Having Brock eliminated by pearl harboring and standing there looking like a goof is not
How does someone having to sneak attack Brock to eliminate him make him look like a "geek?" Please define that shit, too, lol.

He's been sneak attacked by Rollins, taker, etc., does this mean Brock looked like a geek? No. People have to take an opportunity of weakness and eliminate him when they can.

Had Brock come in and kill everyone. Then get distracted by the wyatts on the outside and bray eliminates him, it would've made more sense. He looked weak and has taken worse beatings and still stood with no issues. He eats a boot from the wyatts and sister Abigail and gets thrown over. It's bs.

Completely disagree. Brock is the kind of guy that doesn't legit just get beat down and thrown over the top rope... He should've been blindsided and beyond pissed.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
How does someone having to sneak attack Brock to eliminate him make him look like a "geek?" Please define that shit, too, lol.

He's been sneak attacked by Rollins, taker, etc., does this mean Brock looked like a geek? No. People have to take an opportunity of weakness and eliminate him when they can.

Had Brock come in and kill everyone. Then get distracted by the wyatts on the outside and bray eliminates him, it would've made more sense. He looked weak and has taken worse beatings and still stood with no issues. He eats a boot from the wyatts and sister Abigail and gets thrown over. It's bs.

Completely disagree. Brock is the kind of guy that doesn't legit just get beat down and thrown over the top rope... He should've been blindsided and beyond pissed.
Different contexts. When he was attacked by Rollins, Taker etc. It was in feuds already underway. The things that happened in the rumble was meant to fully kickstart the feud that was teased on RAW. And I don't see RAW wanting to beat the shit out of Bray and hang his beard on his wall just because he was blindsided. But beat him down, brutalize him, that's where the money is at IMO.

It made way more sense to have the Family attack Brock to eliminate him rather than distract him. Because now we can fill the road to mania with Brock hunting and killing the family members. Also it makes the Wyatts look more legit, which is needed for this feud. They don't look dangerous distracting and eliminating Brock. But they do look dangerous if they beat Brock down.

That's how I see it.

Not to mention it played into Bray's "we're going to slaughter them all" line with the attack

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It is just lame and uncreative to have to "protect" guys in the Rumble match with constant outside interference and 4 on 1 beatdowns. I guess it serves its purpose but that didn't make it any more entertaining to watch.

Bottom line is Brock should have won this shit and Mania looks boring as fuck right now. Brock vs Wyatt is another Wyatt being booked vs part timer in a no win situation and HHH vs Reigns main eventing sounds about as exciting as something that doesn't sound very exciting. shit, I had something for that.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Different contexts. When he was attacked by Rollins, Taker etc. It was in feuds already underway. The things that happened in the rumble was meant to fully kickstart the feud that was teased on RAW. And I don't see RAW wanting to beat the shit out of Bray and hang his beard on his wall just because he was blindsided. But beat him down, brutalize him, that's where the money is at IMO.

It made way more sense to have the Family attack Brock to eliminate him rather than distract him. Because now we can fill the road to mania with Brock hunting and killing the family members. Also it makes the Wyatts look more legit, which is needed for this feud. They don't look dangerous distracting and eliminating Brock. But they do look dangerous if they beat Brock down.

That's how I see it.

Not to mention it played into Bray's "we're going to slaughter them all" line with the attack
I honestly get what you're saying but they've already proven they can't beat Brock down and have done it already. It just seemed like Brock had a huge statement to make in the rumble and it was kind of shut down and he was tossed over after being mildly beaten up.

I don't think it was horrible the way they did it, just should've happened the other way around I think.

What happened to Roman didn't make him look weak, it wouldn't make Brock look weak.

I mean what would make bray look more legit is him just throwing Brock over himself. And doing it sneaky or not. Catching him off guard. Showing he's smarter.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
WWE's ever revolving door of rules, is pretty insulting to a lot of fans.

1994 - Dual elimination makes for dual winners.
1995 - Being eliminated was only achievable by having both feet hit the floor.
1996 - Eliminated competitors can't eliminate non-eliminated competitors.
2005 - Dual elimination makes for restart
2014 - Eliminated competitors can eliminate non-eliminated competitors.

I understand WWE doesn't really cater to a "real-deal" audience. But at least having some rules to regulate the retardation would be nice.

No one was allowed to reenter the match and officially eliminate anyone else in 2005 either. Add to that that when Randy Savage launched himself over the top rope in '92, he was allowed back in, yet in '97 some random luchadore leaps off the top to the outside without even thinking and the referees tell him he's been officially eliminated thanks to his own mistake.

To be fair though, WWE is like this with nearly all of their rules. It isn't exclusive to the Rumble match. They alternate and change which rules are in place and what aren't depending on whether it's convenient for the present story they want to tell. It's kinda annoying, but I've just learned to live it because WWE.

What?
Brock looked nothing like trash. He looked like a beast that it took 5 300+ pound men to eliminate, by fighting dirty no less. You can't get more protected in a rumble than that.

Had he been surprise eliminated he would have looked like a geek on the other hand

I had no issue with how Brock was eliminated, but I don't think getting taken out by surprise would have made him look like a tool. In this case, the surprise elimination would have occurred by Bray in the heat moment while Brock was fighting off a bunch of guys he had already eliminated from the match, so it would have been fine. Goldberg was taken out by surprise in 2004 in a similar manner, he didn't look like a geek.

Reactions: edge4ever

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I've no issue with how Lesnar was eliminated whatsoever. The dude was protected, and him hunting down The Wyatts (who look like an actual threat for once) shall be some good TV.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I did it find it odd how he just walked away after his elimination and didn't at least storm back into the ring to dish out some retribution, but meh. How he and Heyman react to this on Raw tonight will surely be interesting.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
No one was allowed to reenter the match and officially eliminate anyone else in 2005 either. Add to that that when Randy Savage launched himself over the top rope in '92, he was allowed back in, yet in '97 some random luchadore leaps off the top to the outside without even thinking and the referees tell him he's been officially eliminated thanks to his own mistake.

To be fair though, WWE is like this with nearly all of their rules. It isn't exclusive to the Rumble match. They alternate and change which rules are in place and what aren't depending on whether it's convenient for the present story they want to tell. It's kinda annoying, but I've just learned to live it because WWE.

I had no issue with how Brock was eliminated, but I don't think getting taken out by surprise would have made him look like a tool. In this case, the surprise elimination would have occurred by Bray in the heat moment while Brock was fighting off a bunch of guys he had already eliminated from the match, so it would have been fine. Goldberg was taken out by surprise in 2004 in a similar manner, he didn't look like a geek.
Parts about Brock is what I was getting at