How come Shawn Michaels never changed his Sexy Boy music ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yes I'm aware that HBK didn't always have "Sexy Boy" he had the same music as Marty Jannetty when they used to be a tag team as "The Rockers" and then they broke up and Shawn got his own music but it still wasn't "Sexy Boy" yet and then when he finally did get it, it was originally sung by Sherri (his manager at the time) but the WWE remade it with Shawn's voice in 1993 and he's been using that version ever since. But aside from the DX music when he teamed up with Triple H and Chyna, he never changed his Sexy Boy music at all since then, not even after he returned in 2002 but why is that ?

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Yes I'm aware that HBK didn't always have "Sexy Boy" he had the same music as Marty Jannetty when they used to be a tag team as "The Rockers" and then they broke up and Shawn got his own music but it still wasn't "Sexy Boy" yet and then when he finally did get it, it was originally sung by Sherri (his manager at the time) but the WWE remade it with Shawn's voice in 1993 and he's been using that version ever since. But aside from the DX music when he teamed up with Triple H and Chyna, he never changed his Sexy Boy music at all since then, not even after he returned in 2002 but why is that ?
He did in 2006 when DX came back :(

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It's a really good theme song. So maybe they didn't want to give him an inferior one.

Reactions: bullyballmm

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Because his gimmick never changed.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
He did in 2006 when DX came back :emoji_slight_frown:
I already mentioned that he used the DX music but I was talking about when he goes solo.
[doublepost=1535637799][/doublepost]
Because his gimmick never changed.
It did, the Born Again Christian Shawn Michaels from the 2000's isn't the arrogant douchebag drugged up HBK that he used to be.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
It did, the Born Again Christian Shawn Michaels from the 2000's isn't the arrogant douchebag drugged up HBK that he used to be.
Yeah, but that was short lived and anything different wouldn't have made sense.

Reactions: jminter2698

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

True. He became the born again Christian arrogant douchebag. I met the guy in 2006 and he was honestly the worst famous person I ever met. I couldn't be a fan of his after that.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Because he changed gimmicks, and he is like the only one who never had a different theme, in a sense.

Not by a long shot. Hulk Hogan still used Real American. Yeah he used the NWO song for a short time in WWE but mostly always used Real American. Steve Austin changed his gimmick to a cowardly heel and never changed his music.

I guess the point is that he is a born again christian rather than an arrogant, self centered bastard but trust me, the only thing that changed was the Christian part. The rest of it was still there.

And I find his "born again" experience to be very amusing. He converted for a girl. As a person who had an actual born again experience, I have found his identifying as a born again Christian to be insulting.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
When Shawn Michael's first turned heel his original theme song was "Rhapsody in Blue" but it would've been very difficult for him to get any crowd reaction with that theme. When they nailed it with his Sexy Boy theme, there was no point in him having a new theme.

Here is his first heel theme.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Not by a long shot. Hulk Hogan still used Real American. Yeah he used the NWO song for a short time in WWE but mostly always used Real American. Steve Austin changed his gimmick to a cowardly heel and never changed his music.

I guess the point is that he is a born again christian rather than an arrogant, self centered bastard but trust me, the only thing that changed was the Christian part. The rest of it was still there.

And I find his "born again" experience to be very amusing. He converted for a girl. As a person who had an actual born again experience, I have found his identifying as a born again Christian to be insulting.
I said like one of the only few that didn't, not the only one.

Okay.

Eh, people do things for people they like.