How awesome will the Orton/Edge feud be?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
After Monday's edition of RAW we saw Randy Orton and Edge engage in a very entertaining angle to start the feud between the two. Other than a few matches here and there over the past few years, I don't remember much interaction from the two so this is not only a breath of fresh air, but a feud I'm sure many are interested to watch. After the awesome "Cutting Edge" segment on RAW, how many of you are convinced this feud could turn out to be something special? I think it certainly has potential to carry RAW even with the Cena/Batista feud going on as well.

What do you think? Will Orton/Edge turn out to be as great as I think, or will it fail?

maty619

Reaction score
but a feud I'm sure many are interested to watch.

I think most are interested in watching this feud, I don't think I've seen one person on this whole forum show any dislike for it.

This will probably be the best feud of the year, after that little taster this Monday it is clear this feud will epic. Both can work a match, Edge can carry Orton with the promos and Orton can just be Orton, as we saw last night Randy cuts the best promos in the world without even saying a word. This feud offers something unique and I am so glad that Rated RKO was brought into it, often they will just ignore something like that as it didn't last longer than a year as I can recall. Unless WWE pulls something out of the bag this will be the feud of the year.

CMS

Reaction score
I just hope WWE actually goes through with this feud and actually make it -a feud. Not a couple of matches here and there burning time for Summerslam.

noumenon

Reaction score
I missed most of RAW so I'm not sure how to respond to this yet. All I saw was Edge getting popped for saying he's rated R in a PG WWE. How did people react to their segment. Did Edge get the desired heat?

...god...

Reaction score
Edge cut an amazing heel promo, but he was still over nonetheless. Mainly with the fags in the front who were chanting spear. However, Randy was far more over, so it worked fine.

LKP

Reaction score
A dream feud for me i must say. And after last nights promo, if that is anything to go by the feud can be the best of 2010. Lets hope the matches are as good as the promos.

Klide

Reaction score
Im expecting alot from this feud. Them two being my favorite wrestlers this feud has caught my eyes. Btw I like how they Make EDGE the Heel and not Orton. Cuz if Edge was the Face this could have been a stale feud tbh.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
I missed most of RAW so I'm not sure how to respond to this yet. All I saw was Edge getting popped for saying he's rated R in a PG WWE. How did people react to their segment. Did Edge get the desired heat?

Edge didn't get much heat. The crowd really didn't know how to react to him, which is understandable. However, Orton got HUGE chants the entire segment without saying one word. So I guess Edge can take some credit there. Instead of booing Edge, the crowd decided to go apeshit over Orton.

The best part was when Edge tried to use mind control powers to get Orton to join him. The crowd wanted Orton to rip Edge to pieces.

This is going to be the top feud of the summer and it shouldn't be anywhere near Cena or the belt. This is a stand alone feud that doesn't need "additional stars" or title props.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
After Monday's edition of RAW we saw Randy Orton and Edge engage in a very entertaining angle to start the feud between the two. Other than a few matches here and there over the past few years, I don't remember much interaction from the two so this is not only a breath of fresh air, but a feud I'm sure many are interested to watch. After the awesome "Cutting Edge" segment on RAW, how many of you are convinced this feud could turn out to be something special? I think it certainly has potential to carry RAW even with the Cena/Batista feud going on as well.

What do you think? Will Orton/Edge turn out to be as great as I think, or will it fail?
You don't remember Rated RKO the best tag team of 2007?

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Well anything Randy Orton has been doing on WWE has gotten the most attention because of the way he evolved into this mega face by accident. He is definitely the focal point of Raw at this point. Fans, excluding me, are sick of John Cena and are probably sick of Cena vs. Batista ever since the duct tape incident. Plus, Edge's heel character seems to be trying to bring in a more edgy element to a Raw that has been really watered down for months. I think both superstars are in a prime position to have a great feud come out of this. They never had a proper feud as well. They had a match on Raw in 2007 together, that is all I remember.

For the record, I think Rated RKO could have been so much better.

CMS

Reaction score
I marked for Edge saying he isn't PG. I don't expect some truly controversial shit, but to push the boundaries of the PG and truly set himself as Rated R would be cool

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I want to be excited for Edge being Rated R on a PG show, but let's be honest. WWE's idea of pushing the envelope in this day in age will never equal pushing the envelope in the form of a live sex celebration on national TV.

"Pushing the limit" on a PG show is saying the word bitch or ass, that's if you're lucky.

Reaction score
Edge/Orton should be a good feud. I see it being the Feud to end at Summerslam and will be one of the cornerstone matches for Summerslam 2010.

with Slam only being 3 Months away, I can see this being Produce on "Over The Limit", then Maybe being mixed in a Fatal 4 Way along with Cena/Batista for the WWE Championship!, With another One on One encoutner at MITB to make it 1 win each(or maybe a DQ ending at MITB) and then the rubber Match for Summerslam. But Summerslam Match will be a Gimmick match or Championship Match, TBH Orton vs Edge in a TLC Match for WWE C'ship for Summerslam 2010 would make a great money making match for the 2nd Biggest PPV of the year!.

If the championship is included with this feud and the way i plan it out just then. Expect Edge to win at Fatal 4 Way and Orton to win it at Summerslam!.

Because from my knowledge isn't Batista taking time off soon????. Will that explain Sheamus attack on Cena this week on raw. That after Cena/Batista saga, Sheamus/Cena feud will start back up.

If batista taking time off is true, then i expect all what i typed to happen within the next couple Months!

DENNIN

Reaction score
I just didn't like the typical WWE clusterfuck explanation on why Edge turned heel. But I'll this just doesn't get gimmick matched to hell like the Cena/Orton feud ended up being.