Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
A Prequel Series is something I like to see. You can dive into Ms.Voohees psyche as well as her Son before the first Friday The 13th Film.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
A Prequel Series is something I like to see. You can dive into Ms.Voohees psyche as well as her Son before the first Friday The 13th Film.
Yeah something like Bates Motel would be interesting. I'm curious who they get to play a younger Pamela Voorhees.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah something like Bates Motel would be interesting. I'm curious who they get to play a younger Pamela Voorhees.

Bates Motel another Show I never got to ever start watching. It's on me though Vera Farmiga I remember was on the Show playing the Mother right and I always enjoyed her work in the Conjuring Films and that Universe.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just got done watching The Witch for the 2nd time and just like my first time it was freaking great. The Devil himself completely destroys a family with within and calms one of them for his bidding. Anya Taylor Joy was amazing in this role and you feel for her as everyone starts to be against her . Once again I wonder how long was The Devil himself aka Black Phillip with the family? Also why do all of this now...you could of done this way sooner it's almost like he's got a sick sense of when it's ripe to get a follower like Thomasin. The Ending is shocking as hell after what happens in the 3rd Act and I'm like come on let me see what happens to Thomasin next please!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I love it. Winnie the Pooh and The Grinch Horror films who would of thought they would do such a thing.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Surprised The Grinch hasn't been done sooner as a slasher actually. I don't expect the movie to be too great, but I may check it out regardless. :lol Winnie the Pooh still got me shook that it's happening though.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Horror is in good hands in 2023 I must say!

• Love

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Wait, Insidious is up to 5? I guess I should start watching them since I planned on it.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Friday-the-13th-Remake-Mask.jpg

Bloody Disgusting has uncovered a big time scoop to finish off the week, learning that Sean S. Cunningham (Friday the 13th) is not only working to get his own Friday the 13th reboot off the ground, but he’s also developing a reboot of a horror movie he produced back in 1985, House. In addition, Cunningham is producing an original film titled The Night Driver, working alongside writer Jeff Locker and director Jeremy Weiss on the various upcoming projects.

Of course, the catch with all things Friday the 13th is that the franchise was up until recently mired in legal issues, with original screenwriter Victor Miller now joining forces with Bryan Fuller (“Hannibal”) and A24 on a franchise prequel series for Peacock. That project is titled “Crystal Lake,” and Jeff Locker explains how a separate project could end up working.

Locker explains, “Sean hired me to do a rewrite on The Night Driver and after working closely with director Jeremy Weiss and him on that, we naturally got to talking about Friday the 13th and House. Jeremy and I pitched our dream reboot of Friday the 13th – with Sean’s blessing to keep developing it with him.”

Locker continues, “Obviously, the prequel TV series has reignited interest about a new film so we’re hoping the surrounding excitement will inspire both sides to come together and give us Jason on the big screen again for the first time in 14 years, but we also have a Plan B for a sequel to the original we think fans will absolutely love and should avoid any legal entanglements.”

As for the House reboot (check out some early artwork below!), Locker explains that the plan is to reimagine the 1985 movie; there’s also an “accompanying video game concept.”

The House reboot is both an update and reimagining of the classic series, centering around the birth of a haunted house,” Locker explains. “Lots of great scares and howl-at-the-screen laughs, plus we’re bringing back a few of your favorite monsters from the original for some really fun but equally terrifying kills.”

“I’m working on the script as we speak and all I can say is I’m having a fucking BLAST!” he adds.

And then there’s The Night Driver, an original project that Jeremy Weiss will be directing. Chatting with Weiss, we were able to uncover a bit about that upcoming movie as well.

The Night Driver is a film about an everyday salesman who regularly drives across the country selling pharmaceuticals,” Jeremy Weiss teases to Bloody Disgusting. “One night on a backroad he encounters a madman who seems to be following him, leaving a trail of bodies in his wake. All he wants to do is make it home alive to his family at any cost; and by the time it’s over, he realizes that he’s either escaped the terror or it’s followed him home.”

Weiss continues, “This movie has been a true labor of love, and has taken about a dozen years to get to this point where things are starting to move very quickly. One of the things that originally attracted me to the project is that it’s a horror film that has similar sensibilities to some of the best genre films I grew up watching and loving, including Friday the 13th. To have Sean Cunningham return to the producer’s chair for this project feels like a dream come true. I had his films’ posters on my wall; so to be here so many years later with him producing is a pretty surreal experience.

John Cork‘s original screenplay was really compelling and captivating, though Sean brought a lot of his own ideas to the table. Early on, he recommended a great writer named Jeff Locker to do some work on the script, and he and I hit it off really well. What came out of the collaborative efforts from the three of us is a very tight, intense and suspenseful script that really has a strong voice of its own. We’re currently finalizing our casting with some incredible name actors and have already begun pre-production to shoot in late spring/early summer.”

Weiss also touched upon the Friday the 13th and House projects.

“Working on The Night Driver with Sean and Jeff was such a great experience, by the time the momentum was picking up we were looking for what projects could be next in line. As a horror nerd through and through, Friday the 13th and House were naturally where I wanted to head next,” he tells us. “Jeff not only felt the same, but had very similar ideas with where to take both franchises.”

Stay tuned for more on Friday the 13th, House, and The Night Driver as we learn it.

Sean S. Cunningham House reboot

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Found this gem today just looking for horror movies I hadn't seen in 2021 and it was so much better than I could have expected. Very neat concept, it keeps you hooked and wondering what will happen next the more she opens it up. Builds up some great dread in parts. Some very dope visuals and I loved some of the twists and turns in it. Not seen many French horror films, this makes me want to check them out more often now. Lead actress I thought was good to.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Freddie Prinze and JLH :monkey

I-Know-What-You-Did-Last-Summer-1997-Feature-Image-1920x1080-Edit.jpg

In the wake of Amazon’s short-lived television series, Deadline reports that Sony Pictures is bringing I Know What You Did Last Summer back with a brand new sequel movie.

The biggest news here? Jennifer Love Hewitt and Freddie Prinze Jr., who starred in the original 1990s slasher movie, are in talks to reprise their roles for the new movie!

Jennifer Kaytin Robinson (Do Revenge) has been brought on board to direct the film.

Deadline reports, “Insiders say the project is still early development and that Neal H. Moritz is in talks to return as producer with Leah McKendrick on board to write the script.”

The site also notes, “While McKendrick is penning the pic, the idea for the new film came from Robinson and McKendrick, who blew studio execs away when they pitched this idea for a sequel last fall especially given the recent success of the Scream franchise.”

It sounds like this one will be taking the trendy “legacy sequel” approach, with returning characters likely in the mix alongside fresh faces. Stay tuned for more as we learn it.

Jim Gillespie directed the original I Know What You Did Last Summer back in 1997, written by Kevin Williamson (Scream) and based on Lois Duncan’s novel. The film spawned sequels in 1998 and 2006. Jennifer Love Hewitt and Freddie Prinze Jr. only came back for that first sequel.

In the 1997 slasher movie, “Four young friends bound by a tragic accident are reunited when they find themselves being stalked by a hook-wielding maniac in their small seaside town.”

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I remember loving the first one which I haven't seen in ages so hopefully this Sequel is better than the others.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Both Tobin Bell and Shawnee Smith are back for this year’s Saw 10, currently scheduled for release on October 27, 2023, and we’ve learned that filming has now wrapped!

Franchise stalwart Kevin Greutert, who directed the highly regarded Saw VI and Saw: The Final Chapter, and edited Saw I through V and Jigsaw, is directing the project. Greutert took to Twitter today to announce that filming has wrapped on what he lovingly calls Saw X, with a note that he hopes this title sticks.

Greutert stated, “I hope we can use the title ‘Saw X’ because this chapter really gets back to the roots of what makes SAW so special to me and everyone else who loves John Kramer’s saga.”

While plot details remain scarce at this time, the director’s tease of Kramer’s return in a “blood-spitting beast of a story” is intriguing. Perhaps the bigger question is how Smith’s Amanda enters the equation, and what devious traps has Jigsaw concocted this time?

That Greutert also includes “the phenomenal prosthetics team at Fractured FX” among his many thanks on Twitter bodes well for Saw X.

Returning players Bell and Smith star alongside Renata Vaca (“Midnight Family”), Paulette Hernandez (“Crown of Tears”), Joshua Okamoto (“Control-Z”), and Octavio Hinojosa (Come Play With Me), Synnøve Macody Lund (Ragnarok), Steven Brand (The Sandman) and Michael Beach (Dahmer) in the sequel. The script was penned by veteran franchise scribes Josh Stolberg (Jigsaw, Spiral) and Pete Goldfinger (Jigsaw, Spiral).

Lionsgate previously teased of the sequel, “The return of Tobin Bell to the franchise furthers Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures’ goal of a film that captures everything Saw fans love about the franchise while also keeping them guessing with all-new traps and a new mystery to solve.”

Stay tuned for more on “Saw X” as we learn it, and prepare for the franchise’s bloody return just in time for Halloween 2023.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing a trailer of this. Although I am a little concerned with how hit or miss David Gordon Green's Halloween trilogy was.

I do like that they got Ellen Burstyn to reprise her role from the original film.

david-gordon-green-the-exorcist-social.jpg

David Gordon Green‘s The Exorcist will reboot the franchise later this year, and Deadline reports today that filming has now wrapped on the first movie in a planned trilogy of films.

Gordon Green is directing the brand new sequel to The Exorcist for Universal, Blumhouse and Morgan Creek that will pave the way for that trilogy. The first film in the trilogy will be released theatrically on October 13, 2023, with Leslie Odom Jr. starring alongside Ellen Burstyn, who will be reprising her role as Chris MacNeil from the original 1973 movie.

The first plot details we were provided with last year tease, “Odom Jr. will play the father of a possessed child. Desperate for help, he tracks down Ms. Burstyn’s character.”

Ann Dowd (Hereditary), Lidya Jewett (Netflix’s Nightbooks), Raphael Sbarge (“Gaslit”), Jennifer Nettles (The Righteous Gemstones), and Olivia Marcum are also on board.

Peter Sattler (Broken Diamonds) and Gordon Green wrote the script for The Exorcist, which features a story by Green, Scott Teems (Halloween Kills) and Danny McBride (Halloween).

The Exorcist franchise hasn’t been on the big screen since the 2005 release of Dominion: Prequel to The Exorcist, an alternate version of the previous year’s Exorcist: The Beginning. Those films came in the wake of 1977’s The Exorcist II: The Heretic and 1990’s The Exorcist III.

More recently, “The Exorcist” became a short-lived television series at Fox, which was surprisingly excellent and cleverly took place in the same world as the original classic.

Reactions: Apoho Creed