Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
MV5BYzI4NzU4M2EtNWI2YS00ZjdmLWIzOTQtZmFkYTg2OTlkMTk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Watched Come Play today. One of the few big horror movies I hadn't seen from 2020. I found it to be pretty enjoyable overall with some good scares. Acting was a tad hit or miss, but nothing that really bothered me. I've seen all kinds of horror, so I'm pretty much used to it. Most of the cast was decent. Very cool creature design with the sound effects that really added to the creepiness factor. The first like 10 minutes especially were very creepy. Reminded me a lot of Sixth Sense and that dreaded tent scene that I hate because it's terrifying. :lol I found it cool to learn it's based on a short film I watched many years ago called 'Larry'. It's always awesome to see when short films get made in to feature films. Was a cool watch, would recommend if you're stuck for something to watch and enjoy creature features. It's basically like Babadook with a digital twist to it. Best way I can describe it.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The-Conjuring-3-3d34f5a-scaled.jpg

Filming on sequel The Nun 2 is underway as of this week, but The Conjuring Universe filmmaking team is already looking ahead. New Line is returning to the Warrens’ case files for The Conjuring 4.

THR reports that The Conjuring 2 and The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It scribe David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick has been tapped to pen the new entry in the Conjuring series.

Also returning to produce are James Wan and Peter Safran, who have been behind every entry in the franchise so far.

The Conjuring films are based on the real-life case files of paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren, whose film counterparts are played by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga respectively. Both are expected to return for this upcoming installment though no deals are currently in place.

Plot details and which case file The Conjuring 4 will follow remains under wraps at this time.

The news comes just over a year since the last entry, The Devil Made Me Do It, which opened at number one at the box office in 2021 and pushed the franchise to over $2 billion worldwide.

“The Devil Made Me Do It reveals a chilling story of terror, murder and unknown evil that shocked even experienced real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. One of the most sensational cases from their files, it starts with a fight for the soul of a young boy, then takes them beyond anything they’d ever seen before, to mark the first time in U.S. history that a murder suspect would claim demonic possession as a defense.”

The film also stars Ruairi O’Connor, Sarah Catherine Hook, and Julian Hilliard. Its director, Michael Chaves, is currently in France working on The Nun 2.

Johnson-McGoldrick has a long history with Warner Bros., dating back to penning the script to the 2009 horror flick Orphan. He later wrote Red Riding Hood and Wrath of the Titans for the studio. The screenwriter more recently penned Aquaman and provided the story for Orphan: First Kill.

Stay tuned for details as they come.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The Conjuring Movies are always great watches for me. I thought the Devil Made me Do it was going to be the last in the Conjuring Series but I guess I was wrong on that. The Warrens if anyone knows were in this Game for dealing with the Paranormal and Demonic for many Years so they have tons of Cases I imagine to pick it for a long time if they wanted to. The Nun 2 I wonder where that is going to go because the moment the Demonic Nun shows up in The Conjuring 2 boy that effect scared the crap outta me. I liked the Nun film overall and how the Ending goes into the first Conjuring Film looking forward to where this Demonic Nun takes us next. Also after The Phillies vs Padres Game I'm watching Pearl tonight baby!

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Started using Plex lately and I'd recommend it to horror fans especially. For being a free ad-supported service, they've got a decent library. I was just browsing it yesterday and they've got a good amount of lesser known horror movies with the occasional big ones. It's pretty expansive and a good way to discover movies you've probably never heard of. You often stumble on a gem you wouldn't have watched otherwise. Although it can be a gamble as there's some bad low budget ones in there too. :lol

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Great news. There is no Saw without Tobin Bell after all.

200.gif

Darren Bousman’s reboot Spiral: From the Book of Saw pulled in $40 million worldwide last year, reviving the franchise and paving the way for more sequels. Another brand new Saw movie is indeed in the works, and Bloody Disgusting has learned this afternoon that Saw 10 will bring Tobin Bell back to the franchise as horror icon John “Jigsaw” Kramer!

Tobin Bell will reprise his signature role as John Kramer as Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures prepare to go into production later this month on the next installment of the billion-dollar Saw franchise, with the new film slated for release on October 27, 2023.

Franchise stalwart Kevin Greutert, who directed the highly regarded Saw VI and Saw: The Final Chapter, and edited Saw I through V and Jigsaw, is directing the project.

“The return of Bell to the franchise furthers Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures’ goal of a film that captures everything Saw fans love about the franchise, while also keeping them guessing with all-new traps and a new mystery to solve,” the press release notes.

Commenting on the announcement, Saw franchise producers Mark Burg and Oren Koules said, “What a thrill to be reuniting with Tobin. His performance as John Kramer is part of the magic that made this franchise a phenomenon and his character is an active part of this film.”

The character of Jigsaw was memorably killed off in Saw III way back in 2006, with the character popping up in flashbacks throughout subsequent installments of the franchise.

It seems Jigsaw may figure more prominently into the tenth installment of the franchise than he has in a long time, which should excite longtime fans of the gruesome saga.

Stay tuned for more on “Saw 10” as we learn it.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Simpsons_THOH_XXXIII_Poster27x40_02-scaled.jpg

In the wake of Treehouse of Horror Presents: Not It this past weekend, The Simpsons are back with part 2 of this year’s Halloween celebration, “Treehouse of Horror XXXIII“!

The all-new “Treehouse of Horror XXXIII” episode of “The Simpsons” airs on Sunday, October 30 (8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) on FOX, and we’ve got a sneak peek for you today.

This year’s official “Treehouse of Horror” episode parodies Death Note and The Babadook, the former of which brings the characters into Death Note‘s familiar anime style.

Here’s the official synopsis for “Treehouse of Horror XXXIII”…

“In a book-themed trilogy, Marge’s resentment takes monstrous form, Lisa tries to save the planet through an anime murder spree and in a segment that breaks Matt Groening’s biggest rule: Homer learns he’s not the man he thought he was.”

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Simpsons_THOH_XXXIII_Poster27x40_02-scaled.jpg

Did the Simpsons writers just find out about The Babadook?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I saw the clip of the Death Note tribute and I just might watch the Episode solely for that alone.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Freaky is probably now my all-time favourite Vince Vaughn performance. Feel like I've not liked him in a whole lot since Wedding Crashers. He's absolutely hilarious when the body switch happens in the movie. Pretty damn menacing too in the scenes when he needs to be.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
GettyImages-502323431.jpg

We recently told you about director Scott Goldberg‘s upcoming werewolf movie The Forest Hills, set to star Edward Furlong (Terminator 2) and Dee Wallace (The Howling). Deadline brings us a surprising update this afternoon, reporting that Shelley Duvall (The Shining) will also be appearing in The Forest Hills – Duvall’s first movie appearance in two decades.

The Forest Hills follows Rico (Chiko Mendez), a man who is tormented by nightmarish visions after enduring head trauma while hiking in the Catskills.

Deadline notes, “Duvall will play the mother of the mentally and emotionally disturbed Rico, who serves as his inner voice.”

Shelley Duvall retired from acting in the wake of Manna from Heaven back in 2002, the actress of course also known for Popeye, Time Bandits, and Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie.

“We are huge fans of The Shining and it’s honestly one of my favorite horror movies of all time, up there with John Carpenter’s Halloween and George A. Romero’s Day of the Dead with the dark tones they delivered in their movies, along with perfect scores and elements that make them my personal favorites,” said Goldberg. “Shelley contributed to The Shining being an absolute masterpiece by giving her all, and performing in a way that really showcased the fear and horror of a mother in isolation.”

Edward Furlong plays the role of Billy, a man who influences Rico to believe that he can become a werewolf. And we hear Furlong transforms into a werewolf in the movie.

Director/Producer/Writer Scott Goldberg tells Bloody Disgusting, “For the transformation process throughout the film, we are doing all practical special effects. There is absolutely no CGI for the transformation sequences because we grew up watching films in the early 80s that had to create the horror through practical special effects.”

Produced by Dreznick-Goldberg Productions, Digital Thunderdome, and Scott Hansen.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
A Day away from Halloween and I finally found out how much Horror and Halloween is embedded into me when the Halloween Theme plays during the beginning of Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers through my sleep it wakes me up. I'm talking about a deep sleep and the Theme plays and it's like you better wake up and see who is around. :lol

• Haha
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
A Day away from Halloween and I finally found out how much Horror and Halloween is embedded into me when the Halloween Theme plays during the beginning of Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers through my sleep it wakes me up. I'm talking about a deep sleep and the Theme plays and it's like you better wake up and see who is around. :lol
I might watch that today myself. I really like Halloween 4 a lot. I think it has some of the best atmosphere after the original movie.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I might watch that today myself. I really like Halloween 4 a lot. I think it has some of the best atmosphere after the original movie.

I really do as well. Sometimes I have a hard time putting Halloween 4, Halloween 2, and Halloween 2018 at my number 2. If they ever bring back the Halloween franchise and I can totally see within the next 10 Years that happening I want to be with Jamie Lloyd. She can pretty much add in the stuff of her losing a Child and instead of her dying she survived that Horror of having an incest baby forced on her and her wanting to finally be the Mother she wants to be but can't be for them right now. Danielle Harris would be all for coming back too if it were to happen.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
ft13thstillpk0007b00c4081b1088d74041b9ea73b82358c84a89ce1-s.jpg

It has now been a full 13 years since the release of the last Friday the 13th movie, with the franchise trapped in a messy legal battle ever since. FINALLY, the wait is almost over…

Variety has made the hugely surprising announcement today that Peacock has ordered up “Crystal Lake,” a Friday the 13th prequel series from Bryan Fuller (“Hannibal”)!

The craziest part of this huge news? A24 will serve as the studio behind the series!

Peacock has given the project a straight-to-series order, with “Crystal Lake” being described as an “expanded prequel” to the original Friday the 13th franchise.

Variety details, “The show will be written by Bryan Fuller, who is also the showrunner and an executive producer. Victor Miller, who penned the original film in the franchise, will also executive produce along with Marc Toberoff, Rob Barsamian, and A24.”

“’Friday the 13th’ is one of the most iconic horror franchises in movie history and we were dying to revisit this story with our upcoming drama series ‘Crystal Lake,’” said Susan Rovner, chairman of entertainment content for NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “We can’t wait to get to work with Bryan Fuller, a gifted, visionary creator who I’ve had the pleasure of being a longtime friend and collaborator, along with our incredible partners at A24, in this updated version for Peacock that will thrill long-standing fans of the franchise.”

“I discovered ‘Friday the 13th’ in the pages of Famous Monsters magazine when I was 10 years old and I have been thinking about this story ever since,” Fuller said. “When it comes to horror, A24 raises the bar and pushes the envelope and I’m thrilled to be exploring the camp grounds of Crystal Lake under their banner. And Susan Rovner is simply the best at what she does. It’s a pleasure and an honor to be working with her again.”

To recap the franchise’s legal issues, Sean Cunningham, the original movie’s director, and Victor Miller, the original movie’s writer, have been fighting over who gets control of what.

It was back in 2018 that a judge ruled Victor Miller owns the rights to the original Friday the 13th screenplay in the United States, a decision Cunningham has failed to overturn in the years that have followed. Cunningham, however, owns the character of adult Jason Voorhees, introduced in later sequels, which is why the Peacock series is taking the prequel approach.

In other words, Fuller and the team are able to use the events of the original Friday the 13th as a springboard, which includes the Crystal Lake location and the Mrs. Voorhees character.

Stay tuned for more as we learn it.