Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Christine on AMC right now talk about a Story that I never want to know about how Christine was made to be evil like that. We've seen Dolls, and other kinds of objects have evilness attached to it but a Car so unique to be attached to someone that they'll kill anyone who gets in there way of attention. The Movie is great would love to see a Show so we can see more or Arnie's madness happening for the audience. Still keep the same Ending though I feel.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Christine on AMC right now talk about a Story that I never want to know about how Christine was made to be evil like that. We've seen Dolls, and other kinds of objects have evilness attached to it but a Car so unique to be attached to someone that they'll kill anyone who gets in there way of attention. The Movie is great would love to see a Show so we can see more or Arnie's madness happening for the audience. Still keep the same Ending though I feel.
Oh man, thanks for reminding me HoHo. I always forget about this one in October and then get sad later when I realise I never watched it during Halloween. I'll be watching this tomorrow more than likely. Along with Misery, this is one of my favourite adaptations of Stephen King's works. They get across the novel so well, and the plot is so fun and tense the whole way through. Good performances too!

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Did you know that John Carpenter for majority of his career thought Christine was his worse movie he ever made? Which amazes me since Ghost of Mars exist and it was his last movie he made before coming back and making The Ward.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Did you know that John Carpenter for majority of his career thought Christine was his worse movie he ever made? Which amazes me since Ghost of Mars exist and it was his last movie he made before coming back and making The Ward.
It's even worse considering for a long time The Thing was the one he was most proud of and yet it was the most commercially panned of them all.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I mean it's kind of nice he doesn't judge himself based on the revenue

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I mean it's kind of nice he doesn't judge himself based on the revenue
Yeah but the critical and commercial abhorrence of The Thing I think crushed Carpenter for a while, which may explain why he thinks Christine was his worst. It was the movie immediately following The Thing and he probably felt he played way too safe with it.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Curious to see if anything comes from this, but it's interesting to see that Heather Langenkamp is interested and up for a Nancy return. If she was to return to the series, I'd imagine it would be easier to sell Robert Englund on it. They'd have to forget Dream Warriors ever happened though or change parts of it at the very least to fit.

------------

TMC_102_Unit_05788RC-scaled-e1665510671427.jpg

Heather Langenkamp is back in Netflix and Mike Flanagan’s “The Midnight Club,” and with the series now streaming, Entertainment Tonight had a chat with the horror icon this week.

Naturally, the conversation eventually hit upon Langenkamp’s iconic role in the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, and it’s a role the actress would still love to return to.

“If Nancy could fight Freddy one last time, I would really like that,” she tells ET.

“Gosh, I’d love to see a future in that. I’ve been really watching the Halloween saga that’s been out, and I love watching Jamie Lee Curtis get to play that part,” Langenkamp adds. “You know, this age, where I think we have so much to give to those storylines, but yeah, I wish I was in control of that, but, unfortunately, it’s one of those Hollywood very complicated things.”

Iconic final girls including Laurie Strode, Sidney Prescott, and even Sally Hardesty have been brought back to the screen for legacy sequels in recent years, and seeing Nancy Thompson one final time would seem to be a natural response to that trend. Nancy was of course killed off in Dream Warriors back in the 1980s, but death sure never stopped Laurie Strode.

The big question, of course, is whether or not Robert Englund would agree to play Freddy Krueger again. In recent years, Englund has made it pretty clear that he feels his days of donning the burn makeup are probably behind him, but we’ve learned to never say never when it comes to stuff like this. Would you like to see one final battle between Freddy and Nancy?

Or would you rather the Elm Street franchise return with a fresh approach?

• Wow
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah they would have to make tweaks to Dream Warriors to make it work but I would be down for a one last ride between the two.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Watching Dream Warriors again and this has got to be one of my most favourite sequels. They took everything that was great about the first movie and just added a really nice spin to it all. Kept the atmosphere, but added so many fun things. I like the kids figuring out ways to fight back in their dreams and discovering their special talents. Taryn is one of the most badass characters in the whole series.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Friday the 13th is legit such a good remake and I feel often gets slept on/underappreciated. It's one of my favourites in the whole series, and I think a lot better than most of the sequels. I enjoy how dark it is, and the opening sets the tone really well with the Pamela Voorhees scenes. Jason feels pretty menacing in this one, and it has some of his best kills. My only gripe with this movie is there isn't many likeable characters, you don't really care about any of them. I just wish there were more good characters to root for. I think one of the better characters is actually the first death, so I always found that unfortunate. Overall a great remake with some nice atmosphere. Although I will say it's one of the horniest movies I've ever seen too. :lol

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

Fun interview with John Carpenter, what a pleasant man and a true class act.

1665681675055.png

Funny excerpt from the interview :lol

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Watching 28 Days Later and man I'm always so impressed with scene of the desolate London. It's so eerie and the fact they went through all the effort to film with it empty with no special effects I thought was always really neat. I believe they only had a very small window to film early morning time. Such a beautifully shot scene and very scary to imagine yourself waking up and being completely alone in such a massive city. Love the part where he picks up all the cash from the ground too not realising how messed up the world actually is from the virus and how it doesn't matter anymore. Just incredible stuff from Danny Boyle.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Watching 28 Days Later and man I'm always so impressed with scene of the desolate London. It's so eerie and the fact they went through all the effort to film with it empty with no special effects I thought was always really neat. I believe they only had a very small window to film early morning time. Such a beautifully shot scene and very scary to imagine yourself waking up and being completely alone in such a massive city. Love the part where he picks up all the cash from the ground too not realising how messed up the world actually is from the virus and how it doesn't matter anymore. Just incredible stuff from Danny Boyle.
So a bit more on that scene. It was early morning, they had no permits. They just asked the few cars that around if they'd mind waiting a few minutes

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler