Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/TV Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero2
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
ebJCdBL
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Smile seems to be getting pretty good reviews; I think I'll see that tomorrow for day 1 of 31 Days of Scares!

The hardest part is narrowing the damn list down to 31 movies with Shudder, Crave, Netflix, Tubi and my own physical 4K/blu ray collection :lol

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I guess this is the day for horror news. Never would have expected 50 Cent and Eli Roth collaborating. :lol

I do like Roth but he's very hit or miss when it comes to his movies, Cabin Fever was awesome though.

eli-roth-amc.png

Eli Roth and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson have come together for a three-picture deal with 3BlackDot, and Deadline brings us the scoop on those three movies this afternoon.

Titled The Gun, Trackmaster, and Creature House, all three projects are horror movies!

Deadline reports, “The movies hail from a diverse group of writers—Kirkland Morris (BMF; Power Book IV: Force), Justin Calen-Chenn (Bel-Air, Limited Edition), Dallas Jackson (Blumhouse’s Thriller; The System), and Kevin Grevioux (King of Killers; Underworld)—whose stories focus on increasing BIPOC representation.”

Here’s the full breakdown from Deadline…

“The Gun comes from Kirkland Morris. When a young man with a bright future seeks to get revenge for his father’s murder, he finds a gun that is haunted by an evil force.

“Trackmaster is written by Justin Calen-Chenn. A burgeoning rap duo uses a beat of mysterious origins in their new single and accidentally unleashes an ancient spirit that brutally murders anyone who hears it. After the young rappers make this discovery, the race is on to stop the song’s release.

Creature House is from Dallas Jackson and Kevin Grevioux. After the untimely death of a legendary make-up and visual effects guru, a group of his friends and foes gather at his studio, only to find themselves trapped in the artist’s horror movie museum as the exhibition creatures supernaturally come to life.”

“It was extremely important to me that through my horror slate we focus on increasing BIPOC representation. I feel like I have the best team in place here to do so,” said Jackson.

“I’m a huge fan of 50 as an artist and producer and am so excited to bring these stories to life. The whole team has put together an exciting trio of films which will terrify and thrill audiences globally,” Roth said in his own statement to Deadline.

Electromagnetic Produce will produce alongside Jackson’s G-Unit Film & Television.

Reactions: Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Smile seems to be getting pretty good reviews; I think I'll see that tomorrow for day 1 of 31 Days of Scares!

The hardest part is narrowing the damn list down to 31 movies with Shudder, Crave, Netflix, Tubi and my own physical 4K/blu ray collection :lol
Shudder I've had pretty much all year. Cheap price entry and they got a pretty nice library overall.

I need to work on getting more Blu-Ray copies of my favourite movies. I'm all in on digital at the moment.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to need to watch X after I finish watching Hellraiser to set me up for Pearl. I might need to see a Trailer for The Cursed never seen that one yet.
Pearl is good as well, and Cursed is more of a classic Gohic Horror, but it has a good twist to it

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Man I think I'm in love with Mia Goth's from her performance in X that I just finished watching. The Movie started off slow but it needed to be to and boy it was a ride of all rides. Old Lady Pearl fucking lost it because she is jealous of the younger folk being able to enjoy life while she's been in Hell seemly with her Husband on that Farm. She outsmarted those fools because of the layout of the Farm and it was pretty great to watch. Pretty nutty Pearl out here getting in Bed with Maxine then having Sex with her Husband minutes later. I'm still wondering what were their plans for Maxine? Pearl's Husband was going to kill her I imagine and it seemed like to me Pearl was going to use her as a Sex Slave anytime she felt like abusing her. Still love this Old School feeling with this Film and I can't wait to see Pearl. Lastly they did drop a Maxine Teaser coming up next so after what I saw in X should be interesting if Pearl is right and she starts to turn into Pearl.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Man I think I'm in love with Mia Goth's from her performance in X that I just finished watching. The Movie started off slow but it needed to be to and boy it was a ride of all rides. Old Lady Pearl fucking lost it because she is jealous of the younger folk being able to enjoy life while she's been in Hell seemly with her Husband on that Farm. She outsmarted those fools because of the layout of the Farm and it was pretty great to watch. Pretty nutty Pearl out here getting in Bed with Maxine then having Sex with her Husband minutes later. I'm still wondering what were their plans for Maxine? Pearl's Husband was going to kill her I imagine and it seemed like to me Pearl was going to use her as a Sex Slave anytime she felt like abusing her. Still love this Old School feeling with this Film and I can't wait to see Pearl. Lastly they did drop a Maxine Teaser coming up next so after what I saw in X should be interesting if Pearl is right and she starts to turn into Pearl.
Glad you enjoyed it

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
It really is incredible how Scream is still able to make me feel so tense after so many rewatches. Literally know every scene and most lines by now, and I'm still like "Oh no" like it's the first time I'm seeing it.:lol Like at the beginning I'm always wishing Drew Barrymore survives somehow. So well acted, by far my favourite horror movie opening. The fact I still get so invested in it after all this time just a sign of how great the movie is really.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Another first time watch for me involving An American Werewolf in London. The look of the Werewolf and the effectiveness of how they used it with the Camera was really great especially the first David Transformation. I think it was pretty trippy to have David talk to his Victims while talking about how he should kill himself. Poor David he had no control of himself once he turned into a Werewolf kinda wished he would of been able to control it but how many more people would he had killed before that happened I'm I right.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Simpsons is doing an IT parody this year for Treehouse of Horror. I'm intrigued.

More images in the Bloody Disgusting article. Looks really fun. These were always some of my favourite episodes from the show.

----------

TheSimpsons_3317_NotIt_u17_1008b_02rk-0016_CC_f.jpg

“The Simpsons” is going big with their annual “Treehouse of Horror” special this year, for the first time ever airing TWO DIFFERENT brand new episodes for the Halloween season.

One of the two “Treehouse of Horror” 2022 episodes will take the familiar anthology approach, while the other will be a full length, 20-minute parody of Stephen King’s IT!

It’s tiled “Treehouse of Horror Presents: Not It,” premiering October 23, 2022!

In “Treehouse of Horror Presents: Not It,” when a supernatural clown starts slaying the children of Kingfield, young Homer Simpson teams up with other middle school misfits to face their fears and defeat the mysterious monster. But years later, the evil clown returns, and Homer’s friends must confront the tragedy of their adult lives to destroy Krusto once and for all.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Another first time watch for me involving An American Werewolf in London. The look of the Werewolf and the effectiveness of how they used it with the Camera was really great especially the first David Transformation. I think it was pretty trippy to have David talk to his Victims while talking about how he should kill himself. Poor David he had no control of himself once he turned into a Werewolf kinda wished he would of been able to control it but how many more people would he had killed before that happened I'm I right.
Glad you liked it HoHo, this is one of my favourite movies. The atmosphere is incredible right from the start. Werewolf attack is so scary.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
AMC was showing Trick R Treat and that is another first time watch for me that I enjoyed. A good blend of Horror but not too over the top. Steven's Death marked hard for that one as well as well as Kreeg getting to see those Dead Children from the Bus clearly about to rip him apart. I heard theirs a Sequel coming right?

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
It's crazy how much of a natural Johnny Depp is even in Nightmare on Elm Street. You wouldn't think this was his first role and Wes Craven had just randomly stumbled on him as a casting choice. All of the young cast is very impressive, and I always felt like the acting was above a lot of other 80's slasher films at the time.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
If you haven't seen The Black Phone as of yet people please watch it when you get a chance. Ethan Hawke as The Grabber is terrifying good in his role in the Film. Pretty much he had been watching the Kids for Weeks prior it didn't seem random at all but I might be wrong on that. Finney may if not of been the biggest or strongest but clearly the smartest and the biggest will of all the kids. The Victims helping Fin especially Robin keep his confidence up was so great. You have to thank God for giving Gwen those Psychic/Medium abilities from her Mother because if not for her they never of found any of Victims of The Grabber that is for sure.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
If you haven't seen The Black Phone as of yet people please watch it when you get a chance. Ethan Hawke as The Grabber is terrifying good in his role in the Film. Pretty much he had been watching the Kids for Weeks prior it didn't seem random at all but I might be wrong on that. Finney may if not of been the biggest or strongest but clearly the smartest and the biggest will of all the kids. The Victims helping Fin especially Robin keep his confidence up was so great. You have to thank God for giving Gwen those Psychic/Medium abilities from her Mother because if not for her they never of found any of Victims of The Grabber that is for sure.
I'll second this, it's still my favourite horror movie to come out this year. Ethan Hawke was perfect in that role and really owned it, you wouldn't think it's out of his normal comfort zone as an actor.

Whilst I'm here, currently watching the original Candyman again. I first saw this movie when I was pretty young so it has continued to creep me out well in to my adult life. Like I know full well I won't be looking in to the mirror tonight. :lol It's just one of those movies that really sticks with you and gets under your skin and Tony Todd has such an intimidating and commanding presence when he's on screen.

Reactions: Apoho Creed