Horror film thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

I am a fan of the older horror flicks, not so much the new ones. Aside from the ones everyone knows, I can't think of any off the top of my head atm. I will look into watching a few listed above though.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Horror films don't tend to scare me at all anymore. They just try to make you squirmish and the plot usually sucks. I don't think I've seen a movie to this day that actually scared me. Gruesome, yes. Not scary doe.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
V/H/S was pretty sweet IMO
That may just be because I am an absolute DIEHARD fan of that style of filming (replicates the realistic effects of the older shittier camera for the creme de la creme of the older horror movies)

Horror films don't tend to scare me at all anymore. They just try to make you squirmish and the plot usually sucks. I don't think I've seen a movie to this day that actually scared me. Gruesome, yes. Not scary doe.
^However this is my general opinion as well.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Battle Royale was awesome, the 2nd one not so much. V/H/S 1 was awesome, two was alright. I don't watch enough horror movies anymore, mostly due to my buddy and his gf loving the worst movies they could find, so when they would suggest a movie i would laugh and forget whatever they suggested.

I still need to crack the conjuring. The last exorcism was okay, I have the 2nd one to watch but was an idiot and read reviews before seeing it. oh well.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Indeed V/H/S 1 was awesome,
Totally underrated IMO
Sinister was pretty wicked too to be honest, the Purge was meh. (a couple of newer horror flicks).

TNAries

The Artiste
Reaction score
Indeed V/H/S 1 was awesome,
Totally underrated IMO
Sinister was pretty wicked too to be honest, the Purge was meh. (a couple of newer horror flicks).
VHS was awesome!
Definitely agree w/ you on Purge idk it just wasn't my taste but also it had been kind of hyped throughout the horror film lovers community so I kind've just expected more.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
This can be true but I blame it on the fact its my favourite genre of film and I have become desensitized.

Saying that Martyrs, Inside, I Spit On Your Grave did get to me not in the jumpy sense but they hit me in the mind and messed with my head whilst watching. Gory films but with a plot of where you put yourself in those situations it gets you thinking.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Today

AMERICAN MARY

Basic plot a young surgical student gets betrayed by her fellow doctors and surgeons. She quits medical school and ends up in the underground world of body modification. Also has a healthy helping of revenge on the side.

Interesting film if a little slow paced at times. The lead actress is hot which is a bonus. Some beautifully shot mutilation and body modding scenes with classical music playing over the top. Whilst a good film I felt certain aspects were underplayed and could have done with a little more focus on them. However the premise is intriguing and the film is shot well.

Not going to be to all horror fans tastes due to the slow pacing of the film but worth a watch. Considering my copy cost me 75p I cant complain with the entertainment value.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
KANES - SEE NO EVIL.

Had massively low expectations going into this and was pleasantly surprised. Pretty much standard slasher fare but filmed well, paced nicely, characters developed enough so you just about care. The setting for the film is ideal if a little cliche, some good camera work a few nods to other horror films. Overall a decent flick and worth a watch. Only downside was some dodgy CGI near the end but I can overlook that as the film stood up well and Kane suited playing the disturbed killer.