Horror film thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Someone posted about watching Megan is Missing and it reminded me we don't have a horror film thread. Now I like all types of horror, Japanese, Gorefests, Psychological, Slasher, etc...

Just thought we could have a thread where we post horror films we have seen good, bad or indifferent.

BATTLE ROYALE

Now this is one of my all time favourite films. The plot being in the future in Japan the youths are running wild stabbing teachers and not caring and basically having no respect for authority. But this is widespread and obviously a danger for the Japanese government. To combat the government pass the Battle Royale law. Basically a class is chosen at random each year to fight to the death on an island.

Why its awesome despite the plot described badly by me. But despite the plot not being much new nowadays this film is fantastic. Blood and gore, hilarious deaths, a bit of romance and great well rounded out characters who you actually care for.

Defo recommend ppl watch if you can cope with subtitles its a cult classic and the amount of ppl who know about and love this film grows on a yearly basis.

Bit of a naf review I know but hope it gives you an idea.

Anyways horror thread get your films in here.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
THE MIST

This is one of my faves as well. Directed by Frank Darabont of Green Mile and Shawshank fame.

Its a pretty basic premise based on the Stephen King short of the same name. Mist appears in a sleepy town in Maine. In the mist can be heard screams and strange noises causing the townsfolk to panic. They hole up in a supermarket where the fun begins.

Although a monster movie, the central theme explores what ordinary people will be driven to do under extraordinary circumstances.

Great film don't wanna give too much away. If you can forgive average CGI and like decent films especially ones with crazy religious ppl this is for you.

Also has one of the greatest endings in a film ever.

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Cloud the random tag links in your first post make you look like a spam-bot.

i really wanna watch battle royale but i can't be doing with the subs

Have you tried to watch it or did the idea of subs just put you off from the start? It's one of those films where a dub wouldn't really do it justice.

While we're on the topic of Japanese films, I'll just leave 'Funky forest - The first contact' here. It's not a horror, but I'm sure if you watched it on LSD you'd freak the shit out.
As for horror films, I think I've watched far too many bad horror films that they've all just jumbled together in my mind.

Last edited:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
The Devil Rides Out
Innocents From Hell
Haxan
The Omen

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Pycho
Re-Animator
Alien
anything Bruce Campbell
Cannibal Holocaust
The Shining
The Tenant

Reactions: Cloud

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Cloud the random tag links in your first post make you look like a spam-bot.

Have you tried to watch it or did the idea of subs just put you off from the start? It's one of those films where a dub wouldn't really do it justice.

While we're on the topic of Japanese films, I'll just leave 'Funky forest - The first contact' here. It's not a horror, but I'm sure if you watched it on LSD you'd freak the shit out.
As for horror films, I think I've watched far too many bad horror films that they've all just jumbled together in my mind.
I've tried a few times to watch it but i just couldn't do it :(

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Not a film, but a TV show, anyone ever watch American Horror Story? The writing and acting in season 2 is fucking great.

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Coon random tag links?

EA4i8Ki.png

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Wow I have no idea how that has happened tbh. If an admin can remove them then do so.

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Wow I have no idea how that has happened tbh. If an admin can remove them then do so.

Removed the tags from the thread.

Did you add tags to the thread or did it add them automatically? Add-on seems dumb that it just randomly adds tag links to your post though.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Removed the tags from the thread.

Did you add tags to the thread or did it add them automatically? Add-on seems dumb that it just randomly adds tag links to your post though.
I added tags at the bottom btw didnt know it would tag stuff in the thread.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Today I watched

THE DESCENT

This is one of the all time great British horror films. Good cast, good storyline, well filmed, nicely paced and fairly gory for any gorehounds out there.

Not gonna give much away about the film its self except its a cave climbing expedition that goes horribly wrong. Its claustrophobic, its tense and it builds nicely as the film progresses and has a few jumpy moments for those not all about gore.