Honky Tonk Man says he'll "whip Flair's ass"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Former WWE Intercontinental Champion The Honky Tonk Man said that he will “Whip Ric Flair's Assâ€￾ when he confronts him with the WWE Hall of Fame approaching. Honky Tonk Man will be inducting Koko B. Ware into this year’s Hall of Fame and Ric Flair will be inducting Ricky Steamboat.

"For the things he said about me in his book, I will finally get a chance to confront him in Conn. this coming Friday night. If he dodges me, I will confront him on Sunday night in Mass. If he dodges me again, I will confront him at HOF, and if he skates on me there I will catch him at Mania. I want to know why he says I would be nothing without a Hogan rub when I spent 12 years working main events before I went to WWE with out a Hogan rub and Flair knows that." Honky said on his official website, honkytonkman.net.

24wrestling.com
----------------------
:clap_1:
Prediction: Honky Tonk Man and Y2J vs Legends

MikeRaw

Judging from what Honky Tonk Man said, I'm guessing Flair said that Honky Tonk Man wouldn't have been a main eventer without a rub from Hogan...

Wrestling Station

The Honky Tonk Man said that he will “Whip Ric Flair's Ass”
by shoving his guitar up flair's ass?!!
One day we will see him in "catch a predator" show.

Beer Money Army

i can't ever recall Honky Tonk Man being a main eventer in WWE..

yeah he has held the I-c C'ship, But Santino Marella has had it 2 times and he loses to women

Airfixx

^^^Wrestling wasn't anywhere near so TV & PPV orientated back then, PLUS the IC-title at that time was white hot following the Savage/Steamboat fued and then HTM cheated to beat Steamboat for the belt(on free TV!!!***)... (***He had SO much heat being someone widely seen as a disgrace to the belt because of the way he won and the way his character behaved going round be able to boast the longest run of all time... Also worth remembering it was HTM leading an attack on Savage which led to the formation of the Mega-Powers... Now we're talking UBER-heat!)

Those saying HTM didn't main event aren't considering is that back then they'd run 2, 3 house shows on the same night. Thus the IC-title getting top billing at one show and the WWF title at another.

Honky v Savage ran and ran and ran as the main event at the house shows during 87/88.

He's also talking about his career pre-WWF.

What baffles me is HTM spent a fair amount of time in a shoot complaining about not getting an actual run with Hogan(*)... So what Flair's refering to I'm none too sure.

(*He did have a one-off against him on SNME in 1989 tho'.)

Reaction score
TWELVE YEARS OF MAINEVENTING??!!?!!??! Pfftt....That Savage program didn't last an entire year and was the "b" headline while Hogan was laying down at home, waiting for the big paydays, so calling Honky a "maineventer" is a stretchhhhh... Fact of the matter is that Savage was going to take that belt away within a month but had eyes for the World title since HE was over and basically told Vince," if I don't get the top strap I'm leaving for NWA" so Vince hot shotted the belt to Randy at WM4 that was supposed to be Ted DiBiase's. Honky was supposed to lose the belt to Brutus Beefcake, but Brotha Bruti got injured. So Honky's reign was pure luck. He was never scripted to keep the belt that long, heat or no heat, Steamboat was fired, Savage got his deserved push up top and the guy who cut hair was injured. Thankfully another face caught fire and quickly squashed Honky. Honky never ever came close to that spot anywhere EVER again. Thank you Ultimate Warrior for doing some good in wrestling.

Honky was a lucky fuck that was just in the right place at the right time. He was over, but calling it uber heat is a stretch. Had he been as over as ^^^ claims he was, he'd have gotten another good run, but he wasn't and his heat was dead 3/4 through his run, it was just a matter of WWF finding a suitable face to take the belt that was prestigious back then.

Honky is an absolute jealous hack piece of shit. He talks shit to everyone that had a more successful career than him, which is incidentally 99% of the WWE HOF (Koko!!). He's jealous he couldn't get over anywhere after than run, jealous of his cousin Jerry Lawler, jealous that he wasn't what he thinks he was. And I promise you, he didn't main event shit anywhere for twelve years. He had a nice 6 month run, but at the end of the day, he is another cock sucker washup who has nothing to live for other than trying to persuade some dipshit smarks that he was important when the truth coudln't be any further and that's why his only place in modern wrestling relevance is inducting Koko B. Ware into a fictitious HOF and as a vehicle to push Santino. What a great career there Mr. Ferris. Now, on behalf of everyone who actually made a dent in the biz that you for some reason unbeknown to anyone with rational thinking seem to think YOU can condescend to, fuck off!

John

Isn't it quite annoying when Old-Guys challenge other Old-Guys thinking they still have the talent and ability to go.