Holy fuck...It BLOWS and SWALLOWS!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
:smh You people honestly believe TNA would beat Raw in just one month? They were just getting 1.4 on Thursdays. Now they're going up against Raw. Of course their ratings are going to drop. And aren't the Raw's after Mania always pretty big? Add in the fact that it was HBK's last night, sure TNA was going to beat them.

They should have known, though, that they were no match for Raw in general. They must have had WCW on their minds but fail to remember that they aren't really WCW and it's notthe 90's anymore.

Reaction score
I was wrong about Raw from last week, the rating is up, but is exactly the same from two weeks ago when Stone Cold hosted. TNA got a .8 that week.

I don't think they lost 25% of their audience that they had from two weeks ago solely because of the HBK thing, Raw's audience was that high two weeks prior, post-Mania shows are always high. Not like Raw was in the fours. But TNA faced a Raw audience that strong two weeks ago and stood pat. They lost a huge chunk of viewers, not in one segment, but overall for an entire show. It's because of the product, not just because of the E effect, yet all the apologists keep clinching to that.

TNA apologists can keep making excuses but after one single month, losing 40% of your audience is a huge indictment on how sorry the product is. People have been tuning out on every main event segment since the show started and that percentage tuning out almost coincides with the percentage not tuning back in the next week. People are turned off by the TNA offering and that's about what is basically killing them, we'll be certain after a few weeks of them getting a one hour lead next Monday.

CMS

Reaction score
Three weeks ago it was because of Stone Cold, then because it was the go show for Mania, now because of HBK. You're noticing the pattern? TNA always gives a reason for drawing those low ratings. It doesn't matter what WWE is putting in there, by now it is more than proved than WHATEVER WWE puts out there Monday Nights beats iMPACT.

Besides, TNA should just realize their product sucked and it has nothing to do with WWE. On January 4th, TNA got 1.3 or 1.4 I can't remember. Now they are getting 0.6, and it isn't as if all those viewers they lost were taken away by WWE because WWE ratings have remained the same.

CMS

Reaction score
Another thing.

People have spent months and months saying HBK has never been a draw, and now suddenly he's the sole reason why the entire wrestling universe tunes into RAW and not to iMPACT?

Reaction score
I still enjoy TNA very much. I can't explain this week at all. I thought the show was pretty good actually. The main event was too short but I enjoyed it and thought the cage looked cool.

Still, there needs to be some big changes.

Double J

Reaction score
It's not something that's going to happen in the course of a month though. It's going to take time. Months, years even. How long did it take WWF to beat WCW? WWE has better resources. More money. They can do more. More people are going to watch them. If I made a Titanic movie myself and had it come out the same time the real one did, which do you think would get more views/buys? If I had a local basktet ball team and we had a game that was going to air on tv the same time an NBA game was, who's going to get more views?

They are in a competition. In a competition, when you lose, you don't just give up. You adapt, get better. Impact's losing in the ratings. They were losing even without competiton. They'll adapt, get better, and eventually catch up. When Nitro was beating Raw, what Raw they do? They adapted, got better, and beat them. Who's to say that the same can't happen here. Not the beat them part cause I don't see that happening. Not now anyway.

Also adding in the fact that people are going to watch Raw reguardless of whether it's shitty or not. Just like people are going to watch Impact whether it's shitty or not. People watch games whether it's shitty or not. They watch tv shows whether it's shitty or not. Same goes for wrestling.

Now I agree with you, I wouldn't expect TNA to beat Raw in one month or even three, but the problem is TNA may now have years at the rate they're going with money. I can't remember where I read it but there was reports that TNA is going through more money that people realize.

As far as adapting and getting better, so far TNA's "adapting" is putting Orlando "Gaga" Jordan on TV. So far the route they're going is releasing the guys that TNA had and replace them with older guys that Hogan likes. This was WCW's same problem and yet Bischoff, Hogan, and TNA haven't learned.
Now they're trying to push young guys like Abyss and Wolfe but they're not getting much air time with Hogan, Bisch, and Flair in every segment.

Because they think that's the way to go. Like I said, if something doesn't work, adapt and change. It's not going to happen with everything (they still have fucking Bubba on my tv) but with most things, like hiring the old guys, if they see it wont work, they'll change.... maybe.

Like I said, they wont change, Hogan is jut having fun and will bring in more guys he likes or are friends with.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
It was such a huge mistake bringing Hogan in and this clusterfuck he is creating was more predictable than the storylines.

Hogan will be the death of TNA.

Double J

Reaction score
It was such a huge mistake bringing Hogan in and this clusterfuck he is creating was more predictable than the storylines.

Hogan will be the death of TNA.

THIS!!!!

The only thing good Hogan has really done for TNA was bring in RVD and that's pushing it with alot of people.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
ONly thing that beats WWE is the predictablity of storylins

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
THIS!!!!

The only thing good Hogan has really done for TNA was bring in RVD and that's pushing it with alot of people.

I owe you a rep bud. Gotta wait for my daily limit to go up so I can rep again.

:)

Hogan is too into himself to even know what the fuck he is doing. I have no idea how he even thinks that the right step involves signing people that no one really cares about anymore. I liked Scott Hall before he was a bloated fuck. Now, he's just old and fat and should just go home.

I know some people here didn't like the 6 sided ring but I knew shit would go downhill after they got rid of it. It was just the first step in a bunch of terrible changes Hogan has made so far.

the408kid

Reaction score
Well, they moved it next week to one hour before Raw, at least.
I dont know how much better that'll be. They'll probably get a decent rating the first hour but then it'll be at .05 or lower for the next 2 hours of Impact. TNA never should've moved to Mondays in the first place. If you looked at their ratings before the move it was always at the 1.0 range and wwe raw always had between a 3.0 and 4.0 rating. Wise up TNA because their will be no Stimulus package to save your butts if you dont.

Reaction score
Wow.. Unbelievable.

TNA Honestly need to sort themselves out and I swear to god they hurried their show to monday nights far too quickly. As a broadcasting company, TNA Cannot keep giving reasons as to why they are getting low ratings. Dixie is just giving scapegoats out to TNA Fans. Stone Cold then Shawn Michaels. The reason as to why TNA are failing is because, Like Dixie keeps saying, Raw is doing amazing. TNA moved far too quickly on this one. Perhaps if she stopped blaming WWE and made the show better she'd have more to celebrate about. TNA Need to move to the 8-10 timeslot and go live EVERY Week. The problem here is that like TNA had four years in establishing their audience on Thursdays, WWE had about 17 years on Monday nights as viewers are used to watching WWE and not anything else. So for TNA to move so quickly and blame WWE imo is pathetic.

0.6 lol.. I gurantee you that Vince is laughing right now.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I just loved when he pointed to that 'Vince Who?' sign on Jan. 4th like a prick. MOAR LIKE HOGAN WHO, AMIRITE??

Heh...

Pretty funny considering everyone in TNA was going on about a war and it's clear they don't have a fighting chance. I understand it was HBK's farewell and the Raw after Mania but TNA just isn't near the level of WWE. It's not ever their show right now, it's their exposure, they're pushing it too hard when it isn't ready. I really have no advice, switching back to Thursday is admitting defeat and you know that isn't an option for Whoreface and Hogan. They will just keep going on Monday until Vince is finished playing around and buys them up.