HOLY BATHTURD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

I highly doubt Lashley will not be wrestling. This is probably the smartest aquisition they've made since Angle. I can't see them doing something so fucking stupid as getting someone that big (kinda) and not wanting them to compete. Don't forget TNA really doesn't give two shits what their talent does outside from them so I'm sure if he wants to do some MMA shit they'll be down to let him.

Rome

Reaction score
According to Nick Paglino at WZ, Dana White has nothing planned for him.

It should be noted that although TNA has given Lashley the freedom to pursue an MMA career, reports are indicating that UFC President Dana White has said that he has no plans of using Lashley anytime soon as he wants to stay as far away from the wrestling business as he can.

The Rated R CMStar

Lol, Lashley isn't even good enough to be in UFC. Was he even in the radar for UFC?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Lol, Lashley isn't even good enough to be in UFC. Was he even in the radar for UFC?

UFC stated that they aren't just going to sign a fighter right away just because of their pro wrestling background. Lashley is what 2-0 in his MMA career. He has to change his style from pro wrestling to mma, and he's only been doing that for what a year in a half. Being a big promotion like UFC, would you think they would hire someone that green to their promotion so soon? You start from the bottom and work your way up and UFC is at the top.They said that ever since Lesnar, people think that just because people have a good pro wrestling back ground, they think they can get into UFC easily.

Was he in the radar for UFC? Not right now. Lashley knows he wont get into UFC right now. He knows he has a lot to learn, a lot of training of to do. Will Lashley be in UFC's radar in the coming years? If he keeps up his training and stay dedicated to it, he very well could be.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar was signed by the UFC without even having a single win under his belt....and both guys have amateur wrestling backgrounds....soooo wtfbbq?

seX-Power

Lashley has a good ring presence and was really over, those two things being the only good things about him. This is good for TNA though, and props to them for making it so surprising.

Airfixx

Not here to bash TNA or Lashley, but I gotta question the wisdom of bringing in a guy with that kinda profile - who's no doubt gonna 'demand' a minumum amount of TV time/storyline - and (to whatever extent) making plans around him when a) he's not under a 'permanent' contract and b) he's already walked out on his previous company and c) has a blatant desire to do something else altogether.

Mick as champ seems crazy, but I'll reserve my judgement.... How have his performances faired? ...I only saw him in a clusterfuck tag match so hard to tell.

So he beat Sting, right?